• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geze View Post
    No meant.........

Chris Rock is a funny mofo, but the richest man in the world isn't white:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/09/wor...010-intro.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
      Stephen Hawking has accomplished more in his life than all of the posters in this thread combined, me included.

People can be religious if they desire to and i won't judge them for that. But never tell me "god" created the universe, cause i will be forced to ask you who created god, and no answer you can come up with will keep you from looking stupid.
      Let me try.........
      God is G*d and none created G*d,Since G*d created everything therefore they have beginnings.

G*d created the universe therefore it has beginning.
      G*d created us as well as free will.
      G*d gave us free will as well as faith.
      To believe in whatever we want to believe in.

There I tried..............

Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire : If God did not exist it would be necessary to invent Him. But all nature cries aloud that He does exist that there is a supreme intelligence, an immense power, an admirable order, and everything teaches us our own dependence on it.

Comment

• Stephen Hawking works for the CIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Chris Rock is a funny mofo, but the richest man in the world isn't white:

I'd like to read that article but it doesn't load for me

Comment

• Originally posted by rizilient View Post
            I'd like to read that article but it doesn't load for me
            Weird, it loads just fine for me. Here's the part about Helu:

Carlos Slim Helu takes No. 1 spot on Forbes World's Billionaires list as a record 164 10-figure titans return to the ranking amid the global economic recovery.

For the third time in three years, the world has a new richest man.

Riding surging prices of his various telecom holdings, including giant mobile outfit America Movil ( AMX - news - people ), Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim Helu has beaten out Americans Bill Gates and Warren Buffett to become the wealthiest person on earth and nab the top spot on the 2010 Forbes list of the World's Billionaires.

Slim's fortune has swelled to an estimated $53.5 billion, up $18.5 billion in 12 months. Shares of America Movil, of which Slim owns a $23 billion stake, were up 35% in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Weird, it loads just fine for me. Here's the part about Helu:

Carlos Slim Helu takes No. 1 spot on Forbes World's Billionaires list as a record 164 10-figure titans return to the ranking amid the global economic recovery.

For the third time in three years, the world has a new richest man.

Riding surging prices of his various telecom holdings, including giant mobile outfit America Movil ( AMX - news - people ), Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim Helu has beaten out Americans Bill Gates and Warren Buffett to become the wealthiest person on earth and nab the top spot on the 2010 Forbes list of the World's Billionaires.

Slim's fortune has swelled to an estimated $53.5 billion, up $18.5 billion in 12 months. Shares of America Movil, of which Slim owns a $23 billion stake, were up 35% in a year.

thanks bro!

that's incredible

i wonder if Helu personally knows Gates and Buffett

i saw a documentary on Buffett the other night, i believe it was a new one. anyway, i never knew he donated $31B to Bill Gates' foundation. that's awesome he would do something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rizilient View Post
                Fair enough but at the same time would you be able to answer where this "nothing" that expanded into a universe came from?
                I think that had already been addressed in this thread; see below.

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                One Question.
                Has anyone seen or written about something that was created out of nothing recently??
                For example an animal, a plant, a planet, etc.
                Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                are you familiar with limits?

same idea kinda.

like with black holes space is falling into the center faster then its expanding sooo like an infinate amount of space and with space and infinate amount of matter can fit into one infanately small point so like for any size you make this point i can allways prove that this point can still hold the same amount of matter but exist smaller then your given size.

get it?

sooooo its not that it came out of nothing but that it came out of something infinetly close to being nothing.
                Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                The latest ideas seem to work on the notion that nothing is less stable than something. Therefore the probability of something popping into existence at some point moves towards 1 over time.
                People used to believe God caused earthquakes and lightening before we understood nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                  One Question.
                  Has anyone seen or written about something that was created out of nothing recently??
                  Look up vacuum Fluctuations and virtual Particles.

If God created everything , didnt he create it out of nothing?

Comment

• One Question.
                    Here's some food for thought: Human beings have been in existence for ~ 100,000 years. The age of the universe as we know it is estimated to be ~ 13 billion years. This means that the whole of human experience amounts to approximately 7% of one hundredth of one percent of the entirety of existence. Or .000007% of the entirety of the life of this universe.

Large scale something-from-nothing events don't have to be common.

My mathematics could be a little off but you get the idea. Our species is in its infancy.

Fair enough but at the same time would you be able to answer where this "nothing" that expanded into a universe came from?
                    Why does it have to come from somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Here's some food for thought: Human beings have been in existence for ~ 100,000 years. The age of the universe as we know it is estimated to be ~ 13 billion years. This means that the whole of human experience amounts to approximately 7% of one hundredth of one percent of the entirety of existence. Or .000007% of the entirety of the life of this universe.

Large scale something-from-nothing events don't have to be common.

My mathematics could be a little off but you get the idea. Our species is in its infancy.

Why does it have to come from somewhere?
                      Stephen Hawking has existed for 68 years, so what does that make him? What does that make his theories?

It's unfathomable to me, why people decide to bind themselves to a certain set of values, whether it be the teachings of a spiritual being or a scientist.

Just seems like no matter what all of you think, you're just going to run in circles forever like a bunch of idiots.

The universe is too vast and complicated for anyone to understand, so why don't we stop perpetuating the age-old argument of religion vs science and accept the fact that we simply can't understand it?

To each his own?

edit: Hawking is ducking me.

Comment

Working...
                      X