My personal take on religion and beliefs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    Sidenote.

Another wishful thought on my part, IF I was ultra-rich that is.

Instead of burying me the tradition way or cremating me, if I had some Bill Gates money, I'd instruct my employees to send my dead ass off into space in a specially created space casket.

A casket that would protect and preserve my body as much as possible. Let it head deep into space and hopefully Aliens with advanced technology discover me and bring me back to life

All in the purpose of keeping the journey and pursuit of more knowledge going.
    thts ****in epic lol

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
      Sidenote.

Another wishful thought on my part, IF I was ultra-rich that is.

Instead of burying me the tradition way or cremating me, if I had some Bill Gates money, I'd instruct my employees to send my dead ass off into space in a specially created space casket.

A casket that would protect and preserve my body as much as possible. Let it head deep into space and hopefully Aliens with advanced technology discover me and bring me back to life

All in the purpose of keeping the journey and pursuit of more knowledge going.
      As you'd be dead you wouldn't be in any way be able to perceive time. So it could be like you fall of a motorbike or something and what seems like a couple of minutes later you are surrounded by aliens telling you that you died 50 million years ago. I'm not sure if my cranium could deal with it tbh.............
      Last edited by Mushroom; 08-15-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
        As you'd be dead you wouldn't be in any way be able to perceive time. So it could be like you fall of a motorbike or something and what seems like a couple of minutes later you are surrounded by aliens telling you that you died 50 million years ago. I'm not sure if my cranium could deal with it tbh.............

Yeah it would be hard to handle, I admit. But assuming that I'm brought back in top top health and my consciousness & memory is still there, I would be aware that I had my people build me that space casket that I asked for. And putting 2 and 2 together, I would know THAT IT WORKED.

Comment

thanks ts for the insightful thread.

Comment

Many folks of the past and present were/are vilified for believing the sun was the creator of all life. Just about everything depends on the sun for nourishment.

Problem is the sun has no face or a body people can relate to.
            It doesn't speak, but it produces a hell of a bright light and it always rises somewhere 24/7/365 days of the year. You may be blinded by it if you stare at it too long. All vegetation depends on it for growth.

Who knows?

Comment

Speaking of death and space, would a body decompose if it were left in deep space without a spacesuit?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Speaking of death and space, would a body decompose if it were left in deep space without a spacesuit?
                I don't see how it could

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  Many folks of the past and present were/are vilified for believing the sun was the creator of all life. Just about everything depends on the sun for nourishment.

It doesn't speak, but it produces a hell of a bright light and it always rises somewhere 24/7/365 days of the year. You may be blinded by it if you stare at it too long. All vegetation depends on it for growth.

Who knows?

George Carlin spoke about worshiping the Sun, but then he decided to place his faith into Actor Joe Pesci:

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                    I don't see how it could
                    Bearing in mind, too, that there are potentially a bunch of dead Russian astronauts out there still floating around in long-forgotten space capsules. :shk1:

Sooooooo... I wonder if a body could decompose if it were still inside a ship.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR1000RR View Post
                      thanks ts for the insightful thread.
                      are you being sarcastic or str8 up, because a few posters actually had a decent conversation on hea.

betta then most trolling threads

Originally posted by MindBat View Post

Who knows?
                      lol good points

Comment

Working...
                      X