Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taliban executeaAfghan woman in public...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban executeaAfghan woman in public...

Taliban execute Afghan woman in public: police
    Module body

Mon Aug 9, 5:47 AM

By Sharafuddin Sharafyar

ADVERTISEMENT

HERAT, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Taliban insurgents publicly flogged and executed an Afghan woman for alleged adultery, a police official said Monday, in a reminder of the era when the militant Islamist group ruled Afghanistan.

The 48-year-old widow was given dozens of lashes before being shot dead Sunday in remote Qades, a district held by militants in northwestern Badghis province, said Abdul Jabar, a senior provincial officer.

"It happened before the public ... despite that no one has complained, the government will take its own measures about the incident," Jabar told Reuters by telephone from Badghis.

The unidentified man who had the alleged affair with the woman had escaped, he said.

The Taliban staged public stonings or lashings of Afghans found to have had sex outside marriage when in power from 1996 until 2001.

However Qari Mohammad Yousuf, the main Taliban media spokesman, said the group was not behind the Qades execution.

"This is a bad work and we reject it. Whoever has done is not a member of the Taliban and he is trying to defame us," Yousuf said by phone from an undisclosed location.

Another Taliban spokesman earlier said he was not aware of the incident. The Taliban are leading a growing insurgency against the Afghan government and foreign forces.

The Taliban and the Afghan government and foreign forces are engaged in a propaganda battle to win over the hearts and minds of Afghan civilians. Each side often accuses the other of committing atrocities, which are usually denied immediately.

The Taliban recently denied responsibility after Time magazine published a disturbing cover photograph of a young Afghan woman who said her nose was cut off as punishment for fleeing abuse at her husband's house.

If confirmed, Sunday's execution would be the second of a woman by the Taliban since they were ousted by U.S.-backed Afghan forces nine years ago. A woman was previously executed for alleged spying for foreign forces.

One such execution, of a woman wearing an all-encompassing burqa and shot as she knelt in the Olympic Stadium in Kabul, caused outrage when film of the incident leaked out.

The judiciary in neighboring Iran last month suspended a sentence of death by stoning for a woman convicted of adultery after an international outcry over the case.

I'm sure some will start their conspiracy theory,That it was the west,Amreican,Israeli,Zionist who have done this and hope the blame will fall on the talibans.

Taliban denied involvement.

Cut them some slack.

Comment

"This is a bad work and we reject it. Whoever has done is not a member of the Taliban and he is trying to defame us," Yousuf said by phone from an undisclosed location.

Sounds fair to me.

Definitely more Zionist propaganda. I wouldn't be surprised if, Zionists committed the acts and tried to frame the Taliban.

Comment

Originally posted by Geze View Post
        I'm sure some will start their conspiracy theory,That it was the west,Amreican,Israeli,Zionist who have done this and hope the blame will fall on the talibans.
        Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
        Definitely more Zionist propaganda. I wouldn't be surprised if, Zionists committed the acts and tried to frame the Taliban.

Only the third reply, too...

Comment

i guess that justifies killing 1000 of them right....dropping bombs on weddings too.....

Comment

Whats even moar hilarious is that the U.S worked closely with the Taliban in the 80's when it mattered to them.

Now they're "enemies", lol. But in reality, the war is fake.

Furthermoar, how come none of you peanut headed ****s ever make threads about how the U.S/Canada/Britain are so cozy cozy with Saudi Arabia where the alleged "Wahabi" sect is moar prevalent and practiced than anywhere, where they oppress women more widely and more systematically than the Taliban and where capitol punishment is just as medieval as anywhere in the world?

how bout that sucka?

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
              Sounds fair to me.

Yes. The Taliban engage in public executions!? Not bloody likely!

Whats even moar hilarious is that the U.S worked closely with the Taliban in the 80's when it mattered to them.
              The people of Afghanistan were subjugated by the communists and you find it "hilarious"?

Despite the myths Afghanistan was a relatively modern and progressive nation until first the Soviets occupied them (far more brutally and callously than the septics) and then the bearded thugs took over.

Furthermoar, how come none of you peanut headed ****s ever make threads about how the U.S/Canada/Britain are so cozy cozy with Saudi Arabia where the alleged "Wahabi" sect is moar prevalent and practiced than anywhere, where they oppress women more widely and more systematically than the Taliban and where capitol punishment is just as medieval as anywhere in the world?

how bout that sucka?
              It is unfortunate but it also neatly puts paid to the lie that Iraq was "to steal oil". Saudi Arabia has more oil and a weaker military.

Comment

Look at this:

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Yes. The Taliban engage in public executions!? Not bloody likely!

The people of Afghanistan were subjugated by the communists and you find it "hilarious"?
                  You find it hilarious. I find it hypocritical. The west didn't seem to mind them back when they were using them for proxy wars.

It is unfortunate but it also neatly puts paid to the lie that Iraq was "to steal oil". Saudi Arabia has more oil and a weaker military.
                  I never said it was solely to steal their oil, though it can't be overlooked cuz' its so obvious, its also about geostrategic positioning evidenced by all the permanent, and large military bases built there in order to project military power into Iran, Russia and China.

But never mind what the reality is, why do YOU think they went to Iraq again?

Cuz' Saddamn did 9/11 right?

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post

Only the third reply, too...

Bwahahaha...right on cue....
                    Stonie Rosie to the rescue!!
                    From all of us Faaaaa - Q

Comment

Working...
                    X