What color was Jesus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple/greenish.

Comment

There are some real "should have been aborted" posters mucking up this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        Been there done that, the people over there have brown to black complexion. None of them are white so you fail. If you don't believe what the Bible says then you don't believe Jesus exists. But if you imagine yourself a christian then you believe in the Bible, and "that book" gave clear references to Jesus not being white.

As for the Egyptians I guess they just made all of their hieroglyphs, paintings, and statues of brown/black people for kicks then. They were all white and imagined their skin being dark for fun lol!
        When did I say they were "white"?
        Some are white in Israel though. European descendants.

When did I say jesus was white?
        Have you been paying attention to the pictures I've put up?

And no, they don't look black like say, Michael Jordan black.

Many have a tan complexion. Some darker then others. Especially when exposed to the sun more often. Hell, I look Spanish during the Summer time.

I've been there too by the way.

Greeks painted with black too. So did the Romans. It doesn't mean that person was black. especially when you get one sculpture that is white and another that is black of the same person. Unless he was Michael Jackson.

And for image, many cultures, like the Europeans did with Jesus, make that person look more like them for acceptance. Alexander the Great does not look Macedonian for example but we do have a description and other examples of what he most likely looked like.

You go to a hot/sunny climate, you can get a tan. My skin is browner during the summer. If I were to stay in that same condition, it would be year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          That view came out of ignorance and racism and is an old view.
          More ignorant than what we are talking about right now like it matters that this character, Jesus, from this book, is black, white, brown, or whatever.

Have you even realize the point of this discussion yet?

why would it matter anyway?
          What does that have to do with his teachings since that is what he is supposed to be known for.

In the end, the human race is going to have to be in one big party. Some got more than a tan than others...so what.

You can learn from people all over the world.
          Someone asked a question so I answered, I didn't create the thread. Personally I don't think it doesn't matter what color, because the Bible says we will all be remade in his image when he comes again. I just find it funny that popular culture would have us believe a Semitic Hebrew is white.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Someone asked a question so I answered, I didn't create the thread. Personally I don't think it doesn't matter what color, because the Bible says we will all be remade in his image when he comes again. I just find it funny that popular culture would have us believe a Semitic Hebrew is white.
            I highly doubt he was white...especially given the description. I said that from the start.

He was made to be "white' to the Europeans so that he would be accepted faster. You tend to accept what is familiar to you faster.

Just like the religion of Christianity and its story is mixed with prior stories. It was easier to make acceptable for that time period.

Even the name Jesus wasn't the true name. Yeshua is.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              I highly doubt he was white...especially given the description. I said that from the start.

He was made to be "white' to the Europeans so that he would be accepted faster. You tend to accept what is familiar to you faster.

Just like the religion of Christianity and its story is mixed with prior stories. It was easier to make acceptable for that time period.

Even the name Jesus wasn't the true name. Yeshua is.
              I know that, and Sunday isn't the real Sabbath, Saturday is.

Comment

He is translucent.

Comment

Still unsure.

Comment

Take a look at modern day Israeli Jew, born in Israel, from descendants of grandparents born in modern day Israel, and you will get his color.

Comment

the bible describes his hair having the texture of "lambs wool". . .

Comment

Working...
                      X