Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you religious and do you believe in God?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
    It's gonna come down to who will capture more souls..At the end of the day, Good will beat evil.
    Bernard Hopkins has devoured more souls than God.

B-hop >>>>>>> God.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

B-hop >>>>>>> God.

/thread.

haha funny picture..........

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

B-hop >>>>>>> God.

/thread.

Good stuff.

Comment

Don't believe at all. Religion causes too much **** for my liking.

Comment

i am a man of god!

Comment

Don't worry guys, Chuck Norris will execute the Devil.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                Actually it does. It's the shock & awe God phenomenon. The first **** sapiens on this earth were predisposed to believe in the supernatural due to the things they couldn't explain around them. Some thought that volcano's were the wrath of a deity. Some worshiped the sun etc,. etc,.

Today's religions are simply a continuation of that.
                I think the core of personal religious belief is more about spiritual comfort. Dealing with loss, mortality, injustice and suffering. It gives people peace of mind and most importantly, hope and inner strength.

Religion isnt just humans first attempt at science and understanding the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
                  I think the core of personal religious belief is more about spiritual comfort. Dealing with loss, mortality, injustice and suffering. It gives people peace of mind and most importantly, hope and inner strength.
                  That too, but what I said goes right along with it.

Comment

Religion controls billions of people using concepts not based on reality. It tells people how to think, and what moral guidelines to follow. Worst of all though, it undermines the most basic concepts of reality, and becomes the entire foundation for one’s thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                      Religion controls billions of people using concepts not based on reality. It tells people how to think, and what moral guidelines to follow. Worst of all though, it undermines the most basic concepts of reality, and becomes the entire foundation for one’s thinking.
                      Reality is overrated.
                      And religion evolved with humans. People desire hope, purpose and knowledge. Peoples religious beliefs helps people a great deal with these things.
                      I dont think religion is simply imposed on billions of people, but that billions of people find aspects of religion appealing and even essential to their lives.

Rituals, celebrations, and social adhesion was and is helped by religion.

But of course any powerful belief system can be used to manipulate the faithful.

Comment

Working...
                      X