No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "UnKnown"

A biochemist and his dishy wife arrive in Berlin for a conference at which a scientist and his controversial Arab funder will announce breakthrough research. While his wife checks into the hotel, he grabs a cab to return to the airport for his briefcase, left at the curb. En route, an auto accident puts him in a coma, from which he awakes four days later without identification and with gaps in his memory. He goes to the hotel: his wife refuses to recognize him and another man has claimed his identity. With help from a nurse, the cab driver, a retired Stasi agent, and an academic friend, he tries to unravel what's going on. Is the answer in the briefcase?

[img][/img]

So another Liam Neeson movie, while watching it I wasnt sure if I was watch Taken or Unknown they were almost identical except rather than his daughter being Taken it was his identity being taken after he is in an accident and wakes up from a coma after 4 days. A definite Drama/Mystery/Thriller that kept you thinking the whole way through with the real answers coming at the end. I enjoyed the action in this film and the acting was well done but it was just too much like Taken to be it's own movie imo. But dont get me wrong it was an ok watch and if you like action thrillers you would enjoy this.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• "Priest"

PRIEST, a post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller, is set in an alternate world -- one ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires. The story revolves around a legendary Warrior Priest from the last Vampire War who now lives in obscurity among the other downtrodden human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities ruled by the Church. When his daughter is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires, Priest breaks his sacred vows to venture out on a quest to find her before they turn her into one of them. He is joined on his crusade by his daughter's boyfriend, a trigger-fingered young wasteland sheriff, and a former Warrior Priestess who possesses otherworldly fighting skills.

[img][/img]

So this movie got some mixed reviews but I thought it looked rather interesting and similar to Paul Bettany's other movie "Legion" in which he was also a bad a$$ devil type creature a$$ kicker. The movie was actually pretty good, I liked the action scenes which we plentiful and cool. The Story itself was interesting and well done imo, although some of the lines in the script were just plain stupid and some of the acting by the non lead characters was just horrible. I did enjoy the movie and if your into those sci-fi fantasy / action flicks you may dig it.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• Meeting Evil (2012)

Saw this movie last week, loved it. Sam Jackson is a bad ass in this movie, torments a suburban man with a wife and two kids throughout the whole movie (anyone that gets in his way...gets dealt with). He constantly calls him out for being a b!tch and having no balls. Funny psychological thriller, you can tell Sam Jackson had a lot of fun in this movie.

8/10

Comment

• Bloodwork 2011

A group of college kids decide to sign up for experiments in a lab to make some extra money. At first, its all good, but then people start losing their facking minds, the people in charge of the experiment and those undergoing the procedures.

7/10

Comment

• "Righteous Kill"

Turk and Rooster, two aging NYPD detectives who have been longtime partners are faced with a serial killer who is murdering sociopathic criminals. They both have personal issues, and when they start working with a younger team, Perez and Riley, tensions between the pairs of partners is inevitable, especially since Turk is now living with Perez's ex-girlfriend, also a homicide detective.

[img][/img]

Movie starring Robert Di Niro, Al Pacino and a few other big names in this crime drama. The acting was superb which is not saying much for 2 men who just feed off one another. They made it believable, it made you think a little, there was not so much action but you could feel the tension of the scene as it was played out even without it. Great cast, good story, I'd recommend watching this film.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• Moneyball - 9
              My Own Private Idaho - 8.5
              Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9
              Once Upon a Time in Anatolia - 5

Comment

• Scream 4 was a total letdown. The revelation of the GF killers wasn't shocking at all.

Comment

• rewatched some cameron crowe films 2 days ago... great storyteller and his choice for songs to enhance the experience is top notch...

jerry maguire was excellent... a character driven journey for redemption, love and ethics in the workplace... its part buddy film (with cuba gooding), love story (with renee zellweger) and a personal film where we the audience examine our failures, dealing with that failure, persevering and totally rising from it... and yes, as with most cameron crowe films, the soundtrack is effing amazing... 9 / 10

elizabethtown was good, but not as good as jerry maguire... as with the latter, its a character driven film... that deals with death of a family member and personal failure... though kirsten dunst's character was just too positive for it's own good, we should get the point... susan sarandon stole the show towards the end and the free bird interpretation of the fictional ruckus band was simply fun... soundtrack was spot-on... 8 / 10

im gobbling up vanilla sky and almost famous later... man, this cameron crowe is great...

Comment

• rewatched h i t c h c o c k 's rear window last night... the first few moments was a drag but once it got it's rhythm going, it never let up... mr. h i t c h c o c k's uses the medium of film is simply brilliant.. imagine the setting of the entire movie was just inside jeff's bedroom and not one moment i found myself complaining...

great film... i thoroughly enjoyed it...

Comment

• Just finished watching the new documentary "Marley" by Kevin MacDonald on the life, times, and legacy of Bob Marley.

Musically I like some of the stuff Marley did, and can't stand other things he did, so you don't have to be a diehard fan to enjoy this documentary. More than anything I find him to be a fascinating character study and interesting personality.

8/10

Comment

Working...
                      X