No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe Expendables

Well considering the star studded action stars old and new the movie wasnt that great. I liked the concept but it was somewhat over the top with it's action scenes. The script was well written and the delivery was ok but too much fabrications as most hollywood action films. I will say it is action from start to finish but thats about it.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

• The Fighter

Movie based on the life of Micky Ward and half brother Dicky Eklund, starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale.

This movie showed more about the troubled family life than about his boxing life with few actual boxing scenes. The overall story was full of hollywood made up crap to make the movie more dramatic. For instance his fight with Mike Mungin they stated he was on a 3 fight losing streak before the fight and that Mungin weighed in at 165 lbs to micky's 140 when in reality he was on a 4 fight win streak and Mungin only outweighed him by 8.5 lbs not 25 as stated in the movie. What reason did hollywood have to change this? There were also many other goofs and factual errors but overall the movie was ok. What they didnt do was show any of Wards defining moments such as his trilogy against Gatti which made him known as a fighter and the boxing public.

Also I would like to say the movies star was by far Christian Bale who did a hell of a job but they really should have found a better person to portray Ward and not Wahlberg he was ripped but didnt even look close to 140lbs he was more in the 170 range as well as showing little to no resemblence. I really think the only reason they took him for the role was because he was from Boston and had the accent (which were also way over done for the movie by most of the cast)

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Unstoppable

Starring Denzel Washington as a veteran train engineer who has to train a rookie to take his place and on the rookies first day they find themselves having to save hundreds of thousands of people due to a runaway train carrying hazardous materials.

Alot of action but very predictable from the first 20 minutes on. Denzel did a great job as he always does in whatever movie he plays.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• The Inside Man

Another Denzel Washington flick where he is a hostage negotiator for the police department trying to save the lives of 50 people being held in a bank heist by well trained and very intelligent criminals if you want to call them that.

Thought this movie was very good and was well worth the watch. Had alot of action and made a very good points about life and people and showed people arent always what they seem to be.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• The Adjustment Bureau

Movie Starring Matt Damon in which he is a rising young politician who finds out things he shouldnt involving a group of people who are basically in charge of your life and the path it goes and make adjustments to keep it that way.

I found this movie to be very entertaining not very heart pumping but at points thrilling to watch. The acting is great as Matt Damon always does in his films, the script was very good although dont take a break without watching it again or pausing it because you will miss stuff that helps understand the movie, It was also a very action like love story so women you may enjoy this as much as I did for other reasons. I recommend it as a good one time watch where you wont be disappointed.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• I like the story of this movie. Very engaging and not really serious of a movie. It has its strong plot lines and quick turn around points. It moves with a fluid motion from beginning to end. And it exposes itself at the right moment and never forces the storyline at its viewers.

One of DiCarpio's best movies. Also, Tom Hanks' shows acting is very solid throughout the story point. Only flaw of his character but is also his strong point is his kind-heartedness.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post

I like the story of this movie. Very engaging and not really serious of a movie. It has its strong plot lines and quick turn around points. It moves with a fluid motion from beginning to end. And it exposes itself at the right moment and never forces the storyline at its viewers.

One of DiCarpio's best movies. Also, Tom Hanks' shows acting is very solid throughout the story point. Only flaw of his character but is also his strong point is his kind-heartedness.
                I liked "Catch Me If You Can" good movie to review.

Comment

• Insidious

A gripping story of a family in search of help for their son, Dalton, who fell into a mysterious comatose on one ordinary morning. Little do they know that there is much more to this endless sleep than meets the eye as they explore the paranormal, and rediscover the past; the key to getting their son back once and for all.

Now based on that and all the hype that the movie came with I must say I was extremely impressed. It was rather original in it's own right, the sound effects were timed perfectly and actually made me jump a few times and even got a few goosebumps. It was not the scariest movie I have ever seen but it's hard to get a movie to scare me anymore as I get older and have higher expectations based on some of the older movies. This was a very good movie with some good scares and an ending to make you want more. Highly recommended.

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
                    Insidious

A gripping story of a family in search of help for their son, Dalton, who fell into a mysterious comatose on one ordinary morning. Little do they know that there is much more to this endless sleep than meets the eye as they explore the paranormal, and rediscover the past; the key to getting their son back once and for all.

Now based on that and all the hype that the movie came with I must say I was extremely impressed. It was rather original in it's own right, the sound effects were timed perfectly and actually made me jump a few times and even got a few goosebumps. It was not the scariest movie I have ever seen but it's hard to get a movie to scare me anymore as I get older and have higher expectations based on some of the older movies. This was a very good movie with some good scares and an ending to make you want more. Highly recommended.

Rocco Rating 8.5 out of 10
                    people dont expect this movie being good....i went with 4 friends and we were all like "this is gonna suck, lulz" but ended up having a great time

Comment

• Blood Work

This movie starring Clint Eastwood and Jeff Daniels is a action film where (Eastwood) is a retired FBI Investigator searching for a serial killer that has been following him and calling him out with his murders in this cat and mouse drama.

Not a bad movie with some good action scenes and at times provokes you to think and keeps you at the edge of your seat. This movie is not by any means one of Clint's best movies but it still shows he has it. It also does not give away who the killer is right off the bat and makes you wonder who it could be.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X