• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
    was it standout??? for animated
    its good. my nephew liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      jreck has a good team. he drafted how i would have if i was there at the beginning.

grab a great qb and te early and then build around them.

bat has the best names but no upside. bat only drafted names that are known. that hurts sometimes because you need to pick up unknowns with potential because you never know who blows up.

jreck team has upside.
      i've never had a good team off the draft... i dont know who's worse at drafting, me of the autopick

i think QBs are more crucial than ever, they're the new RB

Comment

i've never had a good team off the draft... i dont know who's worse at drafting, me of the autopick

i think QBs are more crucial than ever, they're the new RB
        they are.

qb always produce the most points.

the thing is though there's a lot of qb's that'll put up good numbers.

running backs not so much.

after the top tier , there's a big dropoff due to teams running more than 1 back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          they are.

after the top tier , there's a big dropoff due to teams running more than 1 back.
          there's a few elite QBs who i'd take over any RB TBH

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            and he's their best receiver.
            Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            they are.

I think rb's are important past the first 5.

I mean if you have a back that scores a lot of td's but doesn't run for a million yards you are ok.

I think it's good to focus on a guy they give the ball to at the 1 or 2 yard line if you can't get a premier back.

I think the problem with picking proven vets is the chance of injuries are so much greater, so you have to be good at picking up and comers.

For my receivers, I picked two druggies for my back ups that put up big numbers in case the big 2 go down.

The druggies are suspended the first couple of games so there is little chance of them being hurt but it will be touch and go worrying about some guys.

I think what happens in these leagues, is everyone wants to pick the perfect up and comer, I see it a lot in this league.

You could hit gold, or you could be left shaking your head.

Opening games seem so far away.

I miss football season man.

For anyone, and any team, one injury could be catastrophic.

Comment

• thats the thing jreck

picking 'proven' RBs is one of the riskiest things... they age SO fast

LT was a surefire number one pick, but for like 2 years... and priest holmes? and LJ?

these guys aged so fast... you never know who will deliver

chris johnson and adrian peterson wont be sure things a year or two from now...

the turnover is so quick

but for QBs, aside from injuries, they can sit near the top of fantasy players much more consistently with much greater longevity IMO

Comment

thats the thing jreck

picking 'proven' RBs is one of the riskiest things... they age SO fast

LT was a surefire number one pick, but for like 2 years... and priest holmes? and LJ?

these guys aged so fast... you never know who will deliver

chris johnson and adrian peterson wont be sure things a year or two from now...

the turnover is so quick

but for QBs, aside from injuries, they can sit near the top of fantasy players much more consistently with much greater longevity IMO
                Yeah, back are a gamble. I mean defenses kick the **** out of them every week.
                QB's are safer because the league protects them to an extent.

For me

I just don't want Aaron Rodgers to go down. I'd have to start Kyle Orton if he did, who is a pretty safe qb overall but his numbers aren't massive.

Anybody's qb goes down you are gonna see some scrambling.

If I didnt' get Rodgers, I would have taken Romo, good stats, very few interceptions....

Comment

• I'm always great at choosing WR's .... one year in a draft ... i got Reggie Wayne(my sleeper), Andre Johnson(a no name until this year), Brandon Marshall (was his 1st year, and it was only a rumor he Might be a starter, i took a chance) and Wes Welker on his first year going to the Patriots .... i absolutely killed everyone in that league because all these receivers had probowl years .... but this year

Jennings (solid)
                  Dez Bryant
                  Donnie Avery
                  Jacoby Jones
                  Deion Branch
                  Earl Bennett
                  ..... i'm trying to spring a trade

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Yeah, back are a gamble. I mean defenses kick the **** out of them every week.
                    QB's are safer because the league protects them to an extent.

For me

I just don't want Aaron Rodgers to go down. I'd have to start Kyle Orton if he did, who is a pretty safe qb overall but his numbers aren't massive.

Anybody's qb goes down you are gonna see some scrambling.

If I didnt' get Rodgers, I would have taken Romo, good stats, very few interceptions....
                    yeah, rogers is like roethlisberger

he holds the ball way too long and takes too many shots

im holding tight to sanchez, i think, THINK he'll hit his stride this year

Comment

• Originally posted by El Mustang View Post
                      I'm always great at choosing WR's .... one year in a draft ... i got Reggie Wayne(my sleeper), Andre Johnson(a no name until this year), Brandon Marshall (was his 1st year, and it was only a rumor he Might be a starter, i took a chance) and Wes Welker on his first year going to the Patriots .... i absolutely killed everyone in that league because all these receivers had probowl years .... but this year

Jennings (solid)
                      Dez Bryant
                      Donnie Avery
                      Jacoby Jones
                      Deion Branch
                      Earl Bennett
                      ..... i'm trying to spring a trade
                      i think its too early to judge... WRs are a wildcard

theres a lot that factors in to how they produce....

Comment

Working...
                      X