Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the Russian's worse than the Germans in WW2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading somewhere that Germany where going to give the Finns a large portion of northen Russia if they had won the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
      The Russians were killing there own people before the war even started, The Partisans were sent into occupied territory to take part in a guerrilla war but ended up killing there own people half the time. After the war all Russian's captured by the Germans were considered traitors and were sent to Siberia where a lot of them died. Russia also took part in forced removal of entire people's in the Baltic States. Stalin killed millions of people but is not really remembered in the same way Hitler is but imo he was just as bad if not worse.
      and so were the germans although you didnt hear too much about it until the people found out about concentration camps and extermination chambers. Germans were far worse and look at them now.

Comment

Another thing Stalin did in the lead up to the war was basically withdraw his financial support for the anti-fascists in Spain. The government in Spain during the civil war was regionalised. In Catalonia there was an anarcho-syndicalist government and the communist government for the state, that had got rid of the royal family, imprisoned all the anarchists. Thus putting troops fighting the fascists into prison.

The theory is Stalin caused this to happen through his communist system as he wanted a war against the fascist forces to become global and only the rise of Franco would make fascism more of a threat.

When Hitler bombed Spain to help pave the way for Franco you could say any resistance to this was quashed by Stalin's desire for war in order to extend his borders.

He even got East Germany out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
          and so were the germans although you didnt hear too much about it until the people found out about concentration camps and extermination chambers. Germans were far worse and look at them now.
          If I remember rightly that’s somewhat of a myth, Germany didn’t mass exterminate the Jews until after 1940, the Jews were sent to labour camps and there were killings beating and discrimination but the mass extermination of the Jews did not start until the last few years of the war.
          The Nazi's where terrible but Starlin would kill anyone and there are some stats around that say Starlin killed a lot more people than Hitler.

Comment

If I remember rightly that’s somewhat of a myth, Germany didn’t mass exterminate the Jews until after 1940, the Jews were sent to labour camps and there were killings beating and discrimination but the mass extermination of the Jews did not start until the last few years of the war.
            The Nazi's where terrible but Starlin would kill anyone and there are some stats around that say Starlin killed a lot more people than Hitler.
            why did russia win the war?

Comment

yep you're right, another thing most dont know is, what little evidence there is (the nazis burnt most of it when defeat was imminent) points to Himmler, not Hitler came up with the plan.

Its been about 8 years since i did this at a-level, but if my memory is right a letter was recovered from Himmler to Hitler with said something along the lines of "I'm killing of all the Jews, u dont have a problem with that do u?"
              And while there is no letter giving Hitlers response its safe to say he didnt have a problem, he wasnt exactly to fond of the Jews himself. And the fact that it didnt stop is a bit of a give away.

Also regarding you're OP, Stalin killed over 3 times more people than Hitler, he was even more ruthless than him. Again my memory is a little dodgy about the exact facts but while Hitler managed about 6-7M non war casualty deaths, Stalin had about 20M (although Stalin was in power a fair bit longer)

The Russian POWs were sent to Siberia as he thought they shouldve died rather than being captured. His officers were ordered to shoot any men than attempted to retreat in battle no matter what.

His entire reign was a very paranoid one, he always suspected people were conspiring against him, so he killed them of, in large numbers.

One story my teacher told me was when he went into the parliment they would give him a standing ovasion which would last for about an hour. No-one would stop clapping out fo fear until someone else did. One of his closest allies in the party (no idea who) decided enough was enough, so stopped clapping one day after about 5 minutes.
              He was never seen again.

Stalin was a complete nutcase.
              Last edited by gingeralbino; 07-08-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                Also regarding you're OP, Stalin killed over 3 times more people than Hitler, he was even more ruthless than him. Again my memory is a little dodgy about the exact facts but while Hitler managed about 6-7M non war casualty deaths, Stalin had about 20M although Stalin was in power a fair bit longer)
                but whats that per like 100,000? russias alot bigger then germany.

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                  but whats that per like 100,000? russias alot bigger then germany.
                  Russia is a lot bigger tha Germany, but Germany also had taken over Austria, France, Czeckoslovakia, and pretty much everywhere else east of Germany outside of Russia. There were only about 1/2M Jews in Germany, most of the 6M were from Eastern Europe (Ukraine etc). The 2 populations would've been about the same

edit - here's the countries under Hitlers power (not including Africa. He hated blacks even more than Jews, and Ive no idea what the numbers that were killed there, or even if there is an accurate record)

Poland, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Norway, Yugoslavia, Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Bylorussia, Ukraine, Crimea, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Finland. Also you must count Austria, and Czechoslovakia
                  Last edited by gingeralbino; 07-08-2010, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    Russia is a lot bigger tha Germany, but Germany also had taken over Austria, France, Czeckoslovakia, and pretty much everywhere else east of Germany outside of Russia. There were only about 1/2M Jews in Germany, most of the 6M were from Eastern Europe (Ukraine etc). The 2 populations would've been about the same
                    ehhh sounds good to me plus atleast the germans were aiming for a superior race where as the Russians were just killing people.

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                      ehhh sounds good to me plus atleast the germans were aiming for a superior race where as the Russians were just killing people.
                      yep he was an equal oppertunist mass murderer old Stalin.

Comment

Working...
                      X