Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the Russian's worse than the Germans in WW2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the sort of person that enjoys learning about a lot of things that i find intresting, i can talk all day about a lot of subjets but stuff like English and Maths I am dreadfull at i suppose i should try and improve really.

Comment

I believe the term is "payback"...

The Nazis killed an estimated 20 million people in the Soviet Union during WWII.

Comment

Stalin had killed off almost his entire military command during his purges prior to the war due to political paranoia, then **** himself when it started (what a brilliant man ) - second lieutenants were being promoted to general and **** just because there was no one with any military experience left

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
          I believe the term is "payback"...

The Nazis killed an estimated 20 million people in the Soviet Union during WWII.
          Yeah i know but i was more talking about the other things they did, it would take a long time to write so i will try and find it on wiki but some of the stuff they did to there own people and to the Germans was dreadfull. Here is a link. I suppose i should say was Starlin worse than Hitler.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_stalin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
            Stalin had killed off almost his entire military command during his purges prior to the war due to political paranoia, then **** himself when it started (what a brilliant man ) - second lieutenants were being promoted to general and **** just because there was no one with any military experience left
            Hence why the Finns were able to give them a damn good arse kicking during the Winter War.

Comment

Here is an extract, Starlin is still loved by a lot of people in Russia. There are even Starlin inpersonators

Under the dictatorship of Joseph Stalin, tens of millions of ordinary individuals were executed or imprisoned in labour camps that were little more than death camps. Perceived political orientation was the key variable in these mass atrocities. But gender played an important role, and in many respects the Purge period of Soviet history can be considered the worst gendercide of the twentieth century.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                Hence why the Finns were able to give them a damn good arse kicking during the Winter War.
                The Finns were also well prepared and commanded almost single-handedly by von Mannerheim, one of the greatest military leaders of the 20th century (guy was already like 80 and a veteran of every Russian and Finnish war in the past 60 years, mad grizzled).

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
                  Yeah i know but i was more talking about the other things they did, it would take a long time to write so i will try and find it on wiki but some of the stuff they did to there own people and to the Germans was dreadfull. Here is a link. I suppose i should say was Starlin worse than Hitler.

http://www.gendercide.org/case_stalin.html
                  Oh right, I should have watched the clip, I thought you were on about what they did to the Germans...yeah, Stalin was a nutcase.

The Soviet prisoners of war that had managed to survive the Nazi concentration camps were treated with suspicion and often sent to work camps in Siberia as Stalin believed them to be Nazi spies.

Comment

The Finns were also well prepared and commanded almost single-handedly by von Mannerheim, one of the greatest military leaders of the 20th century (guy was already like 80 and a veteran of every Russian and Finnish war in the past 60 years, mad grizzled).
                    The first Finnish Russian war of the 2nd world war is interesting there is a small segment on World at War and i have read the wiki on it but i would like to get a book on it, but i am already reading books on the French in WW1, war without garlands, Japanese tank tactics of WW2 and French battleships of WW2, i seem to start a book and never finish it lol.

Comment

Uh huh, that name rings a bell. Their ski troops were badass.

Comment

Working...
                      X