Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the World be better if we rid ourselves of Religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
    Hitchens has been exposed time and time again as a racist, fraud and xenophobe.
    Did you "pwn" him like you "pwn" other people on here?

Comment

Humans discovered religion in part because they are given to make believe and delusion, and in part because of fear and ignorance. Fear of death and ignorance of natural phenomena like thunderstorms and volcanoes.
      Last edited by Smelodies (OG); 06-13-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryObama View Post
        You know what happens to ppl like you who proclaim they don't have religion. It's funny bcuz when you guys stare death in the face or start bleeding you call out for God. Why do ppl who believe religion is a fairytale until they are about to die? Can you answer that for me.

How do you know this? Do you have any evidence?

I'm 99.99 certain there is no God. Why would I ask for the help of something I don't believe exists?

Why would a God help me, a non believer, when he/she refuses to answer believers prayers?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
          Judaism, Christianity, Islam, ETC.

So many to choose from.

So if we stopped with all religion just for a moment, sat down and thought things out...what happens?

If people sat down and 'thought things out' they would invent new religions. Or at least ideologies that were almost identical to their previous religious beliefs.

There is a fine line between religious belief and political ideology. And i dont think much would really change.

People would still fined a kind of spirituality in their lives that they would share, and popularise, and out pops an organized religion.

On an individual level people would cope without their religious faith. Religion to some is a coping mechanism and through their ingenuity would develop another way of coping, probably based on a new spiritual belief.

Considering so many societies use religion to govern their people, stopping religion would collapse the system and gives rise to total disorder.

Like it or not, religion does create order and control. It is the opiate for the people.

Comment

Working...
          X