Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the World be better if we rid ourselves of Religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benny doesn't want to eradicate religion, he just wants to eradicate the two he hates: Christianity and Islam.

Comment

As long as you have superstitious people who believe in fairytales, you will have religions.

It would be good to get rid of all the bull**** associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Benny doesn't want to eradicate religion, he just wants to eradicate the two he hates: Christianity and Islam.
        Sure I do Tunney.

Those two came from Judaism, to me a thing of the past and isn't held as truth to me; so you would have to get rid of the Mother/Father as well if I were to work like that.

Now if people want to continue to believe in such stories for one reason or another, it's the nature we live in that allows it all.

Same with Science today and people trying to make sure it is secured in society. I'm for that too.

What happens in the end, I really don't think it matters as much as some think.

I think humans hold themselves to highly in the Universe when in truth, we probably don't mean much at all. Very insignificant. But, I can understand the need to feel important.

Comment

"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx.

God based religions need to be eradicated in order for a secular religion like communism to be properly implemented.

Personally I think people should have the right to believe in whatever they want and not have some headcase in a blog make that decision for them.
          Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 06-12-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            "Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx.

God based Religions need to be eradicated in order for Communism to be fully implemented.

Personally I think people should have the right to believe in whatever they want and not have some headcase in a blog make that decision for them.
            Fcuk Communism, Your Better Dead Than Red

Comment

Listen i believe in my faith. People don't know rather religion is real or fake. You don't have to you don't need conformation in something you really believe in. The thing is this death stop ppl it fcuks them up. Religion Is there to help people get back on there feet after tragedy. To help them rationalize the things that happen real fcuking horrible in there life. No matter what happens to some one that is a practitioner of the faith. Some thing as great as having a child, some thing that is so horrific as losing a child. You resort back to your faith proclaiming that it was all in your god plan for you. Now with out religion you know how many people will hold bitterness and resentment. For every thing that went wrong in life or have no hope of things will every getting better. Religion gives billions of people who would have no reason to get out of bed in the morning a reason to. It gave people like slave and sufferer's of the holocaust just to name two of the many travesties. That were witnessed and caused by mankind. The strength to hold on one more day. For God will save them and if they couldn't hold on he would welcome them with open arms in the after life. I don't know about some people on this board, just speaking for myself. There has to be something out there bigger then me. That's guiding my life and giving me a chance to see another day. I say that bcuz i can recall many events were i should have died but im still here trough the power of God.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
                As long as you have superstitious people who believe in fairytales, you will have religions.

It would be good to get rid of all the bull**** associated with it.

You know what happens to ppl like you who proclaim they don't have religion. It's funny bcuz when you guys stare death in the face or start bleeding you call out for God. Why do ppl who believe religion is a fairytale until they are about to die? Can you answer that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryObama View Post
                  Listen i believe in my faith. People don't know rather religion is real or fake. You don't have to you don't need conformation in something you really believe in. The thing is this death stop ppl it fcuks them up. Religion Is there to help people get back on there feet after tragedy. To help them rationalize the things that happen real fcuking horrible in there life. No matter what happens to some one that is a practitioner of the faith. Some thing as great as having a child, some thing that is so horrific as losing a child. You resort back to your faith proclaiming that it was all in your god plan for you. Now with out religion you know how many people will hold bitterness and resentment. For every thing that went wrong in life or have no hope of things will every getting better. Religion gives billions of people who would have no reason to get out of bed in the morning a reason to. It gave people like slave and sufferer's of the holocaust just to name two of the many travesties. That were witnessed and caused by mankind. The strength to hold on one more day. For God will save them and if they couldn't hold on he would welcome them with open arms in the after life. I don't know about some people on this board, just speaking for myself. There has to be something out there bigger then me. That's guiding my life and giving me a chance to see another day. I say that bcuz i can recall many events were i should have died but im still here trough the power of God.

...........bull****!

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
                    ...........bull****!
                    Answer my question.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryObama View Post
                      Answer my question.

I don't need a crutch in my life like religion, when I die I don't need the idea of a heaven to make me feel better.

I accept death for what is..........THE END, FINAL.......FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                      X