Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Known liberals/progressives/democraps on this forum?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Reagan expanded government and increased deficit spending.
    I hear tell of a time when Russia looked to exterminate us off the map.

Russia spent immense amounts of money trying to make more nukes than us, and Star Wars was the nail in the coffin.

Apparently the Russians must not have believed in Keynes, because their government finally did go broke.

Reagan was also successful in showing us that you can increase revenue eventually by lowering taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Bingo. Look I am a proud Pragmatic Progressive. Not because I belive in some sort of "everybody coem together and be family" bull**** but because the FACTS, the HISTORY of progressive policy has led to us being the richest Nation in the land. It's been over 230 years since this countries inception, you can't deny the facts any longer. Republicans are so good at spin and messaging they continuously make it look like it has been their ideology, their policy proposals that have led to prosperity. I would be a fool to say there haven't been some good plans (EPA was started by Nixon and in all honesty the Reagan tax cuts were needed at in 1970) but the BULK of progression in this country (SS, MD,energy, civil rights, womens rights, health care, immigration, due process) were ALL enacted by progressive Presidents. ALL of them.
      You're an idiot. You have no right to post about politics ever again. The fact that you can type out all this bull**** and still keep Obama in your sig proves you have no clue what you're talking about. Just another race motivated reactionary pseudo liberal fool.
      This is true.

Which is why I am always amazed at the hypocrisy of fake right wingers who claim to be against "deficits" and "spending" when Reagan and Cheney said "deficits don't matter"....

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
        Which is why I am always amazed at the hypocrisy of fake right wingers who claim to be against "deficits" and "spending" when Reagan and Cheney said "deficits don't matter"....
        As one you have accused of being a "fake right winger," I'll reiterate:

I don't care about religion, abortion, being tougher on crime, or much about immigration.

All I really care is about reducing this almost 4 trillion a year monstrosity of a federal government. I would vote for a fiscally conservative Democrat like Clinton over someone who expanded the gov for no reason like Bush, in a second.

I'd even vote for Ron Paul, if I thought he had a snowball's chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
          As one you have accused of being a "fake right winger," I'll reiterate:

I don't care about religion, abortion, being tougher on crime, or much about immigration.

All I really care is about reducing this almost 4 trillion a year monstrosity of a federal government. I would vote for a fiscally conservative Democrat like Clinton over someone who expanded the gov for no reason like Bush, in a second.

I'd even vote for Ron Paul, if I thought he had a snowball's chance of winning.
          Why do you even worry about deficits? They are meaningless. Its a black hole that will never be filled.

The only way to get rid of deficits is to get rid of the FED which is where the treasury borrows the money from.

Until then, it won't matter who's in office because the FED system as it stands now is based on borrowing their "Federal Reserve Notes".

In this sense Dick Cheney is right when he says "deficits don't matter".

He probably said that because he understands the system.

Comment

Why do you even worry about deficits? They are meaningless. Its a black hole that will never be filled.

The only way to get rid of deficits is to get rid of the FED which is where the treasury borrows the money from.

Until then, it won't matter who's in office because the FED system as it stands now is based on borrowing their "Federal Reserve Notes".

In this sense Dick Cheney is right when he says "deficits don't matter".

He probably said that because he understands the system.
            We're not just borrowing money from the FED, we're borrowing from countries all around the world. What happens when we can no longer make good on those loans? Do you really think we can print our way out of debt, or continue to ignore it?

Mugabe tried to print his way out of debt, I hear it's not going so well.

But I do agree we should get rid of the FED, one of Paul's finer points.

Comment

He also raised taxes 12 TIMES during his presidency. Why do you think his accolades are called the "Reagan Myth".

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Actually Reaganomics, and rolling back government fixed a lot of problems brought on by years of Keynesian economics. Keynesian politics was made to help the nation recover from the depression, and create a safety net for citizens, but the obscene amount of social spending across the board was unsustainable, and led to an array of implications, of which Reaganomics, and the model of New Public Administration brought forth by Margarette Thatcher were meant to address, which they accomplished, however, its different today.
                Like I said, AT THE TIME the Reagan tax cuts were needed for that particular moment. However,his EXPANSION of Government and his pioneering of 100+ Billion dollar deficits is something we are paying for that to this day. 30 years later. Bush 41 was a much better President than Reagan. He raised taxes knowing he would get thrashed for it, it helped lead to the balancing of the budget that Bill Clinton managaed to accomplish.

Comment

We're not just borrowing money from the FED, we're borrowing from countries all around the world. What happens when we can no longer make good on those loans? Do you really think we can print our way out of debt, or continue to ignore it?

Mugabe tried to print his way out of debt, I hear it's not going so well.

But I do agree we should get rid of the FED, one of Paul's finer points.
                  Mugabe was a petty African dictator from a country with no pull.

The U.S is a first rate world power. Countries who hold our debt are made to appear stronger than they are.

If China, Russia or any other countries who hold a lot of our debt get cute and decide to dump dollars the U.S can hurt them very badly economically by increasing oil prices and at worst hurting them militarily.

These countries are in no position to **** with the U.S in that regard, as much as they pretend to. They are all bark and no bite.

The U.S still holds the stronger hand and will for a long time.

The FED on the other hand runs economic policy in the U.S and are directly responsible for the loss of savings and purchasing power of the dollar.

Comment

Mugabe was a petty African dictator from a country with no pull.

The U.S is a first rate world power. Countries who hold our debt are made to appear stronger than they are.

If China, Russia or any other countries who hold a lot of our debt get cute and decide to dump dollars the U.S can hurt them very badly economically by increasing oil prices and at worst hurting them militarily.

These countries are in no position to **** with the U.S in that regard, as much as they pretend to. They are all bark and no bite.

The U.S still holds the stronger hand and will for a long time.

The FED on the other hand runs economic policy in the U.S and are directly responsible for the loss of savings and purchasing power of the dollar.
                    Meh, did you know when Mugabe took over that it took over that a Rhodesian dollar was worth about a buck and a half US? For it's size, it was an extremely vibrant and powerful economy.

Sure, now that we've seen it devalue in the trillions to one, comparison seems ludicrous.

Our dollar has lost almost 20% to the fricken peso in the last year. If we continue down this road, we'll be a third world country in 50 years.

You really think the US, the world largest oil consumer, by far, is going to do anything to make oil prices skyrocket? Our economy would collapse, guy.

Comment

I hear tell of a time when Russia looked to exterminate us off the map.

Russia spent immense amounts of money trying to make more nukes than us, and Star Wars was the nail in the coffin.

Apparently the Russians must not have believed in Keynes, because their government finally did go broke.

Reagan was also successful in showing us that you can increase revenue eventually by lowering taxes.
                      LMAO you live in a fantasy world. The obvious Reagan myth that he "ended the cold war" please spare me that bull****. Look I am an AMERICAN before a Democrat or Republican but I just can't stand when people try to rewrite history. My Girlfriends ***** could have been President and the Soviet Union would have fell, because you could say we had some small part but at the end of the day it was Mikhail Gorbachev who is most responsible.

Trickle down economics, lol. There is a reason the income disparity in this country has been widening for over 30 years. When 1 percent of the country holds 50 percent of the weath I would think nothing is trickling down, n'est pas?

Comment

Working...
                      X