Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
    Its big though innit?

lol

Might aswell just take your laptop out with you and walk around with that in your jacket
    It's **** It's a big ipod touch, i would choose any similarly priced netbook over that piece of crap.

Comment

Why I’ll be buying an Apple iPad - along with millions of others
      Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 08:20 PM EST

By SteveJack

First of all, let's get the niche out of the way: I'll be buying an iPad because the iPhone is just a bit too small to use for blogging (it can be done, just not as well as I would like) and my MacBook Pro is too much to carry around when all I really need is an iPhone with more screen real estate.

So, that's why I'll be buying an iPad with 3G and 64GB because you can never have enough storage and, hey, it's a write-off. (And, no, I don't love the name. I would have gone with "iTouch" if only to teach a lesson to everyone who's ever incorrectly referred to an iPod touch by that name. It would have been fun to say, "Go back and revise those 3.27 million articles where you wrongly used 'iTouch,' m'kay?" Oh, well, a missed opportunity. Instead, we lucky iPad owners will get to endure feminine napkin comments from jealous anti-Apple ignoramuses and sixth grade boys.) But, as usual, I digress.

Now, who else might be buying an iPad?

• Older people: You see then squinting at their iPhones and iPod touches. They can't quite seem to master pinching to zoom in and out and/or scrolling. They want to see websites and their email. They'll want iPads.

• Couch potatoes: Really, not just couch potatoes, but anyone who finds themselves parked in front of much larger TV screens with their iPhone/iPod touch in hand. They'll want iPads for that instead.

• Frequent fliers/commuters: iPad is thin, light, and makes for a better movie watching experience, plus it has an iPod, and a web browser, and your email, and your calendar, and your newspaper, and your novel, and iWork, etc. An iPad is a no-brainer.

• Readers: Books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Look for Kindles to take eBay by storm. Apple will sell iPads to print consumers by the metric ton.

• Gamers: You like playing games on your iPhone and iPod touch? You're gonna love them on your iPad.

• Navigators: I can't wait to put my Tom Tom or Magellan app on my iPad and I bet other iPhone/iPod touch navigators can't either.

• Kids: For the movies, TV shows, music, games, etc. in the car and everywhere else, too.

• Students: Textbooks, word processing, spreadsheets, and everything else I've already mentioned.

I could go on, but come to think of it, maybe it would be easier to think of somebody who wouldn't want an iPad?

• Let's see... Somebody who only runs Photoshop or AutoCAD or Final Cut Pro while on-the-go and who never reads a book, magazine, or newspaper; who never watches movies, TV shows, or listens to music; who never plays a game, not even a casual one while waiting for an oil change; and, who doesn't surf the Web or use email.

See what I mean? The iPad has a larger target audience that some people might think.

And, oh, BTW, Twitterers, the iPad's bezel isn't "too wide." The iPad's bezel is its handle. It's where your fingers grip the device without covering the content on the screen, no matter which way you're holding it. Give Apple some credit; they're not Microsoft, they think things through.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...23834/opinion/

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
        It reads PDF's, you need to go on their site to see what files it's compatible with.
        PDFs are good, but I came by this russian online library that has thousands of books, both translated and originals and they are using FB2 format mostly.

Comment

Why I’ll be buying an Apple iPad - along with millions of others
          Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 08:20 PM EST

By SteveJack

First of all, let's get the niche out of the way: I'll be buying an iPad because the iPhone is just a bit too small to use for blogging (it can be done, just not as well as I would like) and my MacBook Pro is too much to carry around when all I really need is an iPhone with more screen real estate.

So, that's why I'll be buying an iPad with 3G and 64GB because you can never have enough storage and, hey, it's a write-off. (And, no, I don't love the name. I would have gone with "iTouch" if only to teach a lesson to everyone who's ever incorrectly referred to an iPod touch by that name. It would have been fun to say, "Go back and revise those 3.27 million articles where you wrongly used 'iTouch,' m'kay?" Oh, well, a missed opportunity. Instead, we lucky iPad owners will get to endure feminine napkin comments from jealous anti-Apple ignoramuses and sixth grade boys.) But, as usual, I digress.

Now, who else might be buying an iPad?

• Older people: You see then squinting at their iPhones and iPod touches. They can't quite seem to master pinching to zoom in and out and/or scrolling. They want to see websites and their email. They'll want iPads.

• Couch potatoes: Really, not just couch potatoes, but anyone who finds themselves parked in front of much larger TV screens with their iPhone/iPod touch in hand. They'll want iPads for that instead.

• Frequent fliers/commuters: iPad is thin, light, and makes for a better movie watching experience, plus it has an iPod, and a web browser, and your email, and your calendar, and your newspaper, and your novel, and iWork, etc. An iPad is a no-brainer.

• Readers: Books, magazines, newspapers, etc. Look for Kindles to take eBay by storm. Apple will sell iPads to print consumers by the metric ton.

• Gamers: You like playing games on your iPhone and iPod touch? You're gonna love them on your iPad.

• Navigators: I can't wait to put my Tom Tom or Magellan app on my iPad and I bet other iPhone/iPod touch navigators can't either.

• Kids: For the movies, TV shows, music, games, etc. in the car and everywhere else, too.

• Students: Textbooks, word processing, spreadsheets, and everything else I've already mentioned.

I could go on, but come to think of it, maybe it would be easier to think of somebody who wouldn't want an iPad?

• Let's see... Somebody who only runs Photoshop or AutoCAD or Final Cut Pro while on-the-go and who never reads a book, magazine, or newspaper; who never watches movies, TV shows, or listens to music; who never plays a game, not even a casual one while waiting for an oil change; and, who doesn't surf the Web or use email.

See what I mean? The iPad has a larger target audience that some people might think.

And, oh, BTW, Twitterers, the iPad's bezel isn't "too wide." The iPad's bezel is its handle. It's where your fingers grip the device without covering the content on the screen, no matter which way you're holding it. Give Apple some credit; they're not Microsoft, they think things through.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...23834/opinion/
          I swear that the person who wrote this article is a ****sexual. It is in your grill obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            I swear that the person who wrote this article is a ****sexual. It is in your grill obvious.

I have to agree. That guy is a rump roaster for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

I have to agree. That guy is a rump roaster for sure.
              that dude definitely digs da dick

Comment

I'ma buy one.

Why do people argue over technology?

Buy what you like and if you enjoy it, keep it.

Simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  PDFs are good, but I came by this russian online library that has thousands of books, both translated and originals and they are using FB2 format mostly.

There's an app for that........

Comment

There's an app for that........
                    I bet it's not free though.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
                      I bet it's not free though.
                      Which one of your hands do you jerk off with, Mr. Six shooter?

Comment

Working...
                      X