No announcement yet.

I smoked a rice burner today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
    I just went to the site but there is no info on the car, not even sure what is goin on with them. I thought there used to be vids on youtube but no such luck.
    The site is exospeed.com, the pic on the main page of that CRX is the car I was talkin about. Most of those dudes came from another shop I used to go to and when they started exospeed we all used to help out around the shop, haven't talked to any of them in years though. Before exospeed they had a FB first gen RX-7 all rotor N/A doin low 12's I think, dude's have been at it for a minute. Nah I know you aint bein a dick bro, just sounds like I'm talkin outta my ass hahah I know. But honestly last I heard they had broken into high tens, but who knows what fuel they were using at that point.
    Cool. Here's some K. Way to put up.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
      Fail-wheel drive. LMAO.

That's what I mean. 60-foot times = "hook." If you can't hook, you can't run in tens. You just can't. That's one of many reasons why I pick up money from these guys. (Also, anyone running against me in an import with an automatic is my *****, nitrous or no.)

The first time I launched my ride with hot slicks and the line-lock, the front left wheel came off the ground so hard that the back window exploded. I had to weld in multiple subframe connectors. Goddamn driver's side door still doesn't close right.
      Looool. Yeah, seeing a Fox body hook, and raise the front tires always brings a smile to my face. My buddy with the Cobra went and ditched his IRS. He was breaking level 5 halfshafts when he first went twin srcew. And them ****s were going for $1500 back then.

Comment

Cool. Here's some K. Way to put up.
        Haha thanks, just for the record too I was never a Honda guy.
        Couldn't do front wheel drive, there is no character in those cars and I don't like understeer hahaha. I was always a Toyota and Nissan guy, steel blocks unlike the Honda's and rear wheel drive made for some fun durable rides. If I had my druthers though I wouldn't mind a 59 or 61 Caddy for pickin up girls and cruisin, I fell into imports cuz of the drifting thing.

Comment

I'm toying with buying this and transplanting my 'Stang's drivetrain into it. If not this, something like it. I love the 1940-41 sedans.

My wife and I are into the swing/rockabilly thing, big time. It would be cool to roll out in one of these.

Comment

BTW, racing from a roll is ***** bull****. As is the ricer flyby -- after I've annihilated some Honda on a freeway onramp and merged into traffic, he comes up on me a mile later at 100 mph and thinks he "won." ***** bull****.

BTW, now I'm being a dick.
            Haaaaaaa.... "Rolls are for fat chicks."

Comment

Do most Americans drive automatics? It's something I've heard a few times, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                Do most Americans drive automatics? It's something I've heard a few times, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.
                Most, yes.

I know many people who can't drive a manual transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
                  But just to put into perspective, my buddy who was an engine builder had a single cam 1.6 in a gutted crx that did 10 second 1/4 mile naturally aspirated on race gas, power to weight ratio.
                  I got love for domestic and imports though, new Camaros are sick!
                  Naturally aspirated, you mean without a charger?

I found this, it has a turbo, though:

1.6l SOHC VZ Block + ported SOHC VTEC head + Turbonetics 60-1 T4 Turbo

'It has been dynoed at 516 Horsepower and 360 ft-lbs of torque and has ran 10.38 at 134 MPH in the 1/4.'

Some people make crazy cars, and with the engine tuned this high you need to keep the rpm high and be real quick with the transmission.

Comment

Most, yes.

I know many people who can't drive a manual transmission.
                    I'd never buy a car with automatic transmission, don't want a computer to make decisions which I can do better.

Comment

i like camaros alot.

Comment

Working...
                      X