No announcement yet.

I smoked a rice burner today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
    Like Driver said, there are some crazy Japanese cars!
    The diffrence with the imports and the domestics is that you can buy a classic and turn it into a ****in beast and it's legal. Imports are illegal once you even think about putting premium gas in em, which out here in Cali is a mesely 91 octane. Most imports that are fast have engines in them that belong to other cars unless you invest in an EVO, STI, ISF etc...I used to be all about the imports cuz I was into drifting and I had my fair share of illegal cars but it aint worth the trouble to be honest. But just to put into perspective, my buddy who was an engine builder had a single cam 1.6 in a gutted crx that did 10 second 1/4 mile naturally aspirated on race gas, power to weight ratio.
    I got love for domestic and imports though, new Camaros are sick!
    Yeah, it blows having the 91 octane bull**** out here in Cali. Friend of mine has two tunes for his O3 3.4 Whipple Cobra. 91 with Torco, and C16, full kill mode.

Comment

Think about this:

Why, on "Pinks," do you never see rice? Like, ever?

You see a lot of pony cars and fox-body cars -- the Fords with overbuilt roller-cam 5.0's, and the Chevys with stroked 350's -- and lots of 60's and 70's American iron running fuel-injected big block V8's. And they're in the 11's and 12's. All of them.

If there truly was a gutted Honda that ran 10's, he'd go on Pinks and become a national hero to 4-door-Civic-owning douchebags everywhere.

Comment

And there was I thinking you were talking about some variety of drugs

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
          I'd love to see a timeslip.

I run 424 rwhp @ 6300 and 440 ft./lbs. of torque at 5900 in a 2,600 lb car -- with fuel & driver -- with a seriously-built 5.4L. That should technically put the car into the 10's but my best 1/4 is 12.441 @ 109, and that's with a decent R/T. My father-in-law got 11.992 in my rig and he's been running drags since he was 17.

Just because a guy has a car that can go 150 mph, he does not have a ten-second car.

It takes a $50,000 drivetrain and a very good driver to break into the 10's. Suspension, steering, launch (60'), subframe, driveline and scattershield reinforcements, plus you've got to be willing to possibly demolish a very expensive manual tranny by powershifting without a clutch at 7K. To actually hit the 10's you need a car that can hit 8's. And 8's require torque that no 1.6L in the world can manufacture. Torque moves cars, HP does not. Torque is a function of displacement. You need a big engine to make a car accelerate quickly.

The only cars I've actually seen an amateur run in the 10's have nitrous, roots blowers, 9" rear ends, and mammoth V8's. The last one I saw was an Olds 88 running a Cadillac 500 stroked to 571 -- think about that; that's a 9 LITER engine, your'e talking pistons the size of coffee cans -- with dual quads, an 8:71 blower, and twin nitrous foggers. He was running about 850 hp. 850 real, rear-wheel horsepower, and about that much torque, at redline and a 200hp nitrous shot. It was also probably an $80,000 car.

I pick up some good money at the street-legal drags in the summers by racing guys who have "ten second cars," only to see them running real-world 16's.
          I'll try to get somethin to prove it haha.
          It was a full blown race car, it was there company car so they went all out.
          At the time there weren't too many single cams on the scene out here so they wanted to have the fastest N/A single cam. They had previous projects with full blown LS/Vtec frankenstein engines being force fed through a T-66 doin low 9's on C-16.
          I'm gonna try to find the website, i know they used to have one but last I heard business was goin down the drain so I'm not sure if they're still around. Drag racing was always too epensive for me and that's why I eventually got into drifting, solid suspension and used tires FTW haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Yeah, it blows having the 91 octane bull**** out here in Cali. Friend of mine has two tunes for his O3 3.4 Whipple Cobra. 91 with Torco, and C16, full kill mode.
            When I had my S-13 with the JDM SR20det the 91 was killin me,
            I never felt sure about that, bringing in an engine from Japan that has seen 40k on high octane fuel and then pumping it with watered down fuel out here, I thought it'd lean out eventually. I called modding quits when the smog referree came into town, suddenly the cars weren't worth the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
              I'll try to get somethin to prove it haha.
              It was a full blown race car, it was there company car so they went all out.
              At the time there weren't too many single cams on the scene out here so they wanted to have the fastest N/A single cam. They had previous projects with full blown LS/Vtec frankenstein engines being force fed through a T-66 doin low 9's on C-16.
              I'm gonna try to find the website, i know they used to have one but last I heard business was goin down the drain so I'm not sure if they're still around.
              Okay, a company car built by professionals with no limit to the budget, I might believe. I'd be curious as to how they could do it n/a. Not being a dick; I'm just really curious.

Comment

Think about this:

Why, on "Pinks," do you never see rice? Like, ever?

You see a lot of pony cars and fox-body cars -- the Fords with overbuilt roller-cam 5.0's, and the Chevys with stroked 350's -- and lots of 60's and 70's American iron running fuel-injected big block V8's. And they're in the 11's and 12's. All of them.

If there truly was a gutted Honda that ran 10's, he'd go on Pinks and become a national hero to 4-door-Civic-owning douchebags everywhere.
                Lmaaaaoooo. Well getting a high horsepower, fail wheel drive car to hook is a hard as hell. Thats why alot of civic, Srt-4 cars will not go from a dig out on the streets, and want to go from a roll. ****, a lot of the mega horsepower Vipers are the same way. Except they are out dusting off turbo Hayabusa's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Lmaaaaoooo. Well getting a high horsepower, fail wheel drive car to hook is a hard as hell. Thats why alot of civic, Srt-4 cars will not go from a dig out on the streets, and want to go from a roll. ****, a lot of the mega horsepower Vipers are the same way. Except they are out dusting off turbo Hayabusa's.
                  Fail-wheel drive. LMAO.

That's what I mean. 60-foot times = "hook." If you can't hook, you can't run in tens. You just can't. That's one of many reasons why I pick up money from these guys. (Also, anyone running against me in an import with an automatic is my *****, nitrous or no.)

The first time I launched my ride with hot slicks and the line-lock, the front left wheel came off the ground so hard that the back window exploded. I had to weld in multiple subframe connectors. Goddamn driver's side door still doesn't close right.

Comment

Okay, a company car built by professionals with no limit to the budget, I might believe. I'd be curious as to how they could do it n/a. Not being a dick; I'm just really curious.
                    I just went to the site but there is no info on the car, not even sure what is goin on with them. I thought there used to be vids on youtube but no such luck.
                    The site is exospeed.com, the pic on the main page of that CRX is the car I was talkin about. Most of those dudes came from another shop I used to go to and when they started exospeed we all used to help out around the shop, haven't talked to any of them in years though. Before exospeed they had a FB first gen RX-7 all rotor N/A doin low 12's I think, dude's have been at it for a minute. Nah I know you aint bein a dick bro, just sounds like I'm talkin outta my ass hahah I know. But honestly last I heard they had broken into high tens, but who knows what fuel they were using at that point.

Comment

BTW, racing from a roll is ***** bull****. As is the ricer flyby -- after I've annihilated some Honda on a freeway onramp and merged into traffic, he comes up on me a mile later at 100 mph and thinks he "won." ***** bull****.

BTW, now I'm being a dick.

Comment

Working...
                      X