Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London could have an NFL franchise by 2015.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
    I dont mind another team. The scheduling would be weird. The London team would probably have to play 8 home and 8 away all in a row, it would be too much for the players to travel across the Atlantice every other week or so.
    That would actually be a really good way of doing it.

Comment

There is a fanbase over here to House a franchise but who would support them as their team, I'd certainly continue supporting the Vikings. People who would go to the games would already be fans of other teams be quite hard to gather up a hardcore fanbase

Comment

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell just said on the news that next year they'll be 2 games a year in London and if all progresses well, then the possibility of an NFL franchise in London could be a real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
          Don't think that would be a good idea. Could a NFL franchise really thrive there?
          I don't think it would work. They tried it with the EFL and that failed. It's ok them havin a game over here a season but really can't see it working witha game every 2 weeks.

I don't think the players who play in London would like to travel to America every week or two to play a game. They would be jet-lagged all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
            Don't think that would be a good idea. Could a NFL franchise really thrive there?
            Why not?People love it

Comment

NFL is legit, i think it could really catch on in different parts of the world. It would be pretty cool having the eagles play in London

I wonder how they would work the season out though with that much traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                NFL is legit, i think it could really catch on in different parts of the world. It would be pretty cool having the eagles play in London

I wonder how they would work the season out though with that much traveling.
                Originally posted by texanballer
                The scheduling would be weird. The London team would probably have to play 8 home and 8 away all in a row, it would be too much for the players to travel across the Atlantice every other week or so.
                That would be a good way of doing it IMO.

Comment

Ehhhh...not going to happen.

Rugby is the original sport, no NFL in England .

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    Why couldn't it? We get 85,000 for a regular season game and it ain't a novelty thing either. I think it could work.
                    85,000 week in week out? I doubt it. I support the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                      85,000 week in week out? I doubt it. I support the idea though.
                      Alright then, 70,000 to 85,000 week in week out.

Comment

Working...
                      X