Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London could have an NFL franchise by 2015.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    Why couldn't it? We get 85,000 for a regular season game and it ain't a novelty thing either. I think it could work.
    I just wonder for a whole season how that would work out. Especially if the team sucked. Im not against it or anything. Actually if they tried it and it worked that would be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      will they only play ufl,cfl, & xfl type competition for like 10 years, build up a padded record, & a great fanbase, & then come to america & face nfl competition?

Comment

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
        will they only play ufl,cfl, & xfl type competition for like 10 years, build up a padded record, & a great fanbase, & then come to america & face nfl competition?
        I heard they were callin out the '72 Dolphins. To see whos really the best ever.

Sorry Calzaghe fans, Im really just playin'.

Comment

I dont mind another team. The scheduling would be weird. The London team would probably have to play 8 home and 8 away all in a row, it would be too much for the players to travel across the Atlantice every other week or so.

Comment

I would really expect teas to pop up in other ajor NA cities like Toronto before anything would go to London.

Comment

If NFL Europe failed why would this work?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                I would really expect teas to pop up in other ajor NA cities like Toronto before anything would go to London.
                agreed... they make a big enough deal about having to go from the west coast to the east coast (last year the WC vs EC fared terrible when playing at 1pm etc) so i have a hard time seeing them jump into a time change difference like that, especially on a weekly basis

Comment

they gonna pour tea and chips over their coach when they win their first game in a 1-15 season?

looooooooooooooool

jus playing

Comment

I for one think its a bad idea. Nothing against london or whatnot but i just dont see it as being a logical and practical idea.

The travel distance is one thing to consider...and the amount of timezones that need to be crossed by the players to compete at a standard rate having a home, road, home, road road, home, road, home, home schedule...

its not like the team would stay in the states for half of their season then host the rest of them at home...and if they did it would be unfair to the other teams...

I think by having a team all the way across the atlantic just isnt good business...

Comment

London is not in America. Its called the "NFL" for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X