Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers win tonight. May get bounced out next game though.

They need to go into full rebuild mode around D Howser.

Comment

• Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
      Lakers win tonight. May get bounced out next game though.

They need to go into full rebuild mode around D Howser.
      full rebuild means changing your stars.

their stars are fine.

role players and bench need to be changed.

but either way, lakers prepared for rebuild 3-4 years ago.

ALL their contracts from KOBE to GASOL to their bench expire next year.

next year is when the rebuild happens.

Comment

• I'm actually beginning to think, do we even need howard? It looks like the nba is going away from the star center.

Lakers
        Lakers
        Mavs
        Heat

Pau 2x, Chandler, Haslem. Bynum was out the two titles. So since the sperms no star center has won the title. (If you count duncan as a center) otherwise sinze what? Shaq in miami? No star center has won the title.

So do we really even need him? It seems like if you have a solid center and a star back court. You're likely to get the title. Use gasol at the 5 and get a star athlete, we probably right back in it.

Comment

• center is not less valuable.

still important.

the change is the defenses.

the allowance of zone defenses.

not that teams play zone much but it allows so much more schemes even in non zone d.

example spurs d this series.

they're in man but they loiter halfway around their man and pau/dwight.

10-15 years ago that's illegal d.

much harder for straight post ups and post passes.

that's why lakers TURNOVERS are so damn high this year since dwight's arrival.

Comment

• Do you think he is really needed though?

Sure dwight is a stud but unless we do a lakers 00-03. Where it was shaq and shooters. Idk if dwight is necessary.

Don't get me wrong because we could trade him (if he re-signed) and screw ourselves by setting him up with a nice outfit like okc. But I'm not seeing the importance of him unless we mail in next season for the sole purpose of going dwight and a bunch of shooters.

Idk if phil is returning but if he doesn't things looks grim for next season.

Comment

• We'll see if Dwight Howard will go out swinging or fold under pressure tonight.

Comment

• I don't think Howard will resign with the LAL. I think deep down inside, he knows that Kobe won't be half the player that he once was, Nash will continue to get older and more fragile, Pau isn't motivated and no longer plays as an elite player, and MWP will be MWP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  I don't think Howard will resign with the LAL. I think deep down inside, he knows that Kobe won't be half the player that he once was, Nash will continue to get older and more fragile, Pau isn't motivated and no longer plays as an elite player, and MWP will be MWP.

Well, where else could he go? Brklyn gave lopez that huge deal. Mavs and rockets have cap space but he will be taking less money in a smaller market. So he can leave but he will be getting less money than staying in la.

If he does leave. No worries. It clears up some cap for a guy like Josh Smith for the 4. Pau at the 5. If nash retired too that opens space for a guy like jr smith or eric bledsoe. Metta opts out to take less money re-signing. That just opens up more space.

So howard leaving doesn't hurt us too much. Less star power but doesn't break us.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• swept in the first round

Comment

Working...
                      X