• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    man this **** is all focked up...and now we have a back to back
    I had forgotten bout that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
      triangle will do carmelo's ball hogging habits some good.

he'll get plenty of shots in the triangle so he'll be happy.

but he won't be hogging the ball a lot so it'll benefit his teammates.

plus lin probably would be solid in the triangle.

he's a pretty decent size point guard. the kind phil likes.

triangle will also lessen his turnovers because he won't be asked to do so much.

Alrighty then !!! Lets talk !!!

Comment

the triangle is all about movement and passing the ball.

no one dominates it.

so melo will learn how to play without the ball.

but at the same time he won't pout BECAUSE..... he also gets to play hero ball.

a lot of times , the clock is running out and the wing player (jordan for the bulls , kobe for the lakers) gets dumped the ball and he has to make something happen.

melo still gets to play hero ball and still get a ton of shots BUT AT THE SAME TIME his teammates get more time with the ball as well and melo doesn't get to ball hog all the time.

win win.

Tell me more !!!

But how does Amare fit in ???

Comment

• Laker fans seem to be having the same problem Heat fans are having.

Both Spo and Brown have good defensive systems but the offensive sets they use are below par.

Comment

he'll be fine.

he'll get a lot of cuts to the basket.

plus he can shoot jumpers.

think robert horry (but obviously more shots and closer range)

or look at lamar in the triangle. not bad right? amare can play the odom role.

amare can shoot open jumpers and also receive easy points diving to the basket.

most important is melo won't get to hog the ball all the time (which amare hates)

triangle is all about passing the ball around until someone is open. less dribbling.

(though sometimes no one gets a shot and the clock runs down and someone has to make a tough one on one play , that's where melo comes in)

And defense to boot !!!

How much would Phil want cause moneys not an object.

With all the revenue Dolan will receive with Linsanity part 2 this needs to happen !!! :wank:

Comment

bud , mike brown isn't even running lakers d.

chuck person is. same guy that handled the d for the lakers under phil jackson.

btw..... lakers were better defensively BEFORE under phil.

back to back champion , 3-straight finals appearances-LEVEL defense remember?
              I remember and feel bad for you guys.

What a legend Phil is.

Just curious, who would you like instead ? I think it's obvious you guys need a change already because when you can't score with the likes of Bryant, Gasol and Bynum on the floor, it's obvious the system or lack there of is the problem.

Heat have been having the same problem all year. Heat's offense consists of putting the ball in Wade or James hands and running a pick and roll and on occasion putting either of them in the post. Bosh normally gets the ball in the high post but he doesn't get it often enough either.

Comment

it doesn't matter anymore.

can't undo the mike brown mess.

i would have preferred brian shaw just to keep the triangle going.

i know lakers lost to dallas last year BUT DALLAS WAS JUST HOT. ask okc. ask heat.

plus maybe lakers were tired playing so much last 3 title runs.

phil jackson's system got us to 3 straight finals and back to back titles the last 4 years.

you throw that away because you lose in the 2nd round one year? can't win it all.

should have kept pjax system in place. give brian shaw a shot.

and do what the players wanted.

give it one last shot with what they had.
                co-sign..........

Comment

it doesn't matter anymore.

can't undo the mike brown mess.

i would have preferred brian shaw just to keep the triangle going.

i know lakers lost to dallas last year BUT DALLAS WAS JUST HOT. ask okc. ask heat.

plus maybe lakers were tired playing so much last 3 title runs.

phil jackson's system got us to 3 straight finals and back to back titles the last 4 years.

you throw that away because you lose in the 2nd round one year? can't win it all.

should have kept pjax system in place. give brian shaw a shot.

and do what the players wanted.

give it one last shot with what they had.
                  It's no coincidence that your Lakers have tried using the triangle even with Mike Brown there. It's cause it's a bloody good system and they liked it.

The Mavericks last year ? i remember them well. I couldn't agree more, they were crazy hot offensively and would of beat any team with how they were shooting.

Comment

• This video never gets old.

Comment

phil lets the subs go at it in practice.

i don't know if you guys ever heard of "GOONS VS. FAIRIES" practices.

phil use to hold it every year.

he lines up all the guards and small forwards on one side.

then then the big forwards and centers on the other.

then they go at it.

the goons (big players) try to pound and rough up the small guys

the fairies (small players) try to outquick and run around the big guys

only pjax could come up with GOONS vs. FAIRIES

he use to do charge drills too.

where he has players just charge each other to practice getting charge calls.
                      Kobe wouldn't of done those charge drills.

He was talking about taking charges recently and how he never takes them because it messes up your back later on.

Comment

Working...
                      X