**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    not gonna lie, watching Okafor go to work yesterday made me salty
    eh, he is the first option....shooting it bad for a big so far.

Comment

• tbh, other than his soft touch with passes, I expected more of Towns.....He got outplayed in the post by Black-Upshaw-Portis, and doesn't seem like he has the athleticism advertised,I was almost expecting to see Anthony Davis out there, the way they were hyping him.

Comment

• My only concern with D'Angelo is if he can go into high gear and keep it up for substantial minutes...when Clarkson's not there to take the pressure off him, he has struggled. I think you need to have them on the floor at the same time to up his confidence...Madsen resting them at weird times.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          eh, he is the first option....shooting it bad for a big so far.
          okafor is shooting like 44%. that's awful considering A. those are paint shots B. low level of rival big men

also he played in other summer leagues. he should be better. lakers only on 2nd game.

Comment

My only concern with D'Angelo is if he can go into high gear and keep it up for substantial minutes...when Clarkson's not there to take the pressure off him, he has struggled. I think you need to have them on the floor at the same time to up his confidence...Madsen resting them at weird times.
            he's adjusting to the speed.

he's not a burner so he has to adjust to quicker defenders plus this only 2nd game. with only 4 day mini camp.

timing is off.

Comment

• Evan Turner 2.0 . Sorry I can't resist guys. This is one of the only active non brush dominated sports threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                he's adjusting to the speed.

he's not a burner so he has to adjust to quicker defenders plus this only 2nd game. with only 4 day mini camp.

timing is off.

Excuses..Excuses.......

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                  Excuses..Excuses.......
                  at least he doesn't have a bad hip.

Comment

My only concern with D'Angelo is if he can go into high gear and keep it up for substantial minutes...when Clarkson's not there to take the pressure off him, he has struggled. I think you need to have them on the floor at the same time to up his confidence...Madsen resting them at weird times.
                    He's my actual assessment on Russel. I honestly believe he hasn't shown his full potential for a number of reasons. First of all he said in his post game interview yesterday that they gave him a lot of plays to learn and he's the PG. I think that in itself is a adjustment. Also you see at times during the games that some of the guys are lost on some of plays as well. Once he gets down the offense, that's when you will see him shine. Also even though I like Upshaw, there are times where he's not setting good screens. He's setting half ass screens and Russel has to pass it out because the defense collapses on him. There was this one play where Upshaw set a really good screen and Russel nailed a mid range jumpshot. It's an adjustment period for everyone including Russel. I think he will be fine once training camp starts.

Comment

Madsen Sucks and the Princeton Sucks, wtf is all this iso ****.... Pick and Rolling teams to death with DR and JC is what they should be doing

Comment

Working...
                      X