No announcement yet.

I have converted to Islam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have converted to Islam

I spent some time working as a doctor in Gaza (returned last week.)

Initially, like many Westerners, I held certain stereotypes about Muslim women – presuming them to be silent, black-robed figures. However, my experiences shattered these preconceptions​

My conversion to Islam was not sudden; it was a gradual process fueled by curiosity, study, and personal reflection. I delved into the teachings of the Quran, seeking understanding and guidance during this difficult time in a country left with nothing. Abounded by the western world. I found solace in prayer and a sense of purpose in submitting to Allah’s will.​

As I embark on this new chapter, I ask for your understanding and compassion. My faith journey has brought me inner peace and a renewed sense of purpose. I am committed to learning and growing within this beautiful faith.

Thank you for your support and love. May we all strive for unity, empathy, and a deeper understanding of one another.

Allah Akbar
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Universal love, the RZA from wutang practices that! Who's to say who's right or wrong? Treat people with respect and it will come back to you tenfold. As karma does. My Filipino friend Ritchie converted from Catholic to Muslim. They say plenty of nasty things in society, like religion only made people divide. But I hear an earnest quote that even though I am devoutly spiritual in Christianity, here goes "who's to say who's religion is wrong or right? " Just treat people with respect and religion is right for each person to them! The greatest commandment is to show love, may peace be with you. As long as the person does not hurt others or himself while doing it.
    Last edited by Mike_b; 05-02-2024, 05:40 PM.
    Pretty Boy32 Pretty Boy32 likes this.

Comment

What's your thoughts on the fact your Prophet Muhammad at the age of 52 married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9 years old?
      Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        What's your thoughts on the fact your Prophet Muhammad at the age of 52 married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9 years old?
        It is essential to consider historical context here which you clearly not educated enough to understand. In seventh-century Arabia, adulthood was defined by the onset of puberty. It could be argued that Aisha must have entered puberty early, making her marriage valid according to the norms of that time.​

Equally, other Muslims doubt the idea that Aisha was only six years old. Historians have questioned the reliability of the saying that asserts her young age. Aisha had been engaged to someone else before marrying Muhammad, suggesting she was mature enough by the standards of her society to consider marriage.​

I won’t lie this one was difficult for me to accept and I too opposed Islam for many years using this exact example of why it is not a real religion but a cult let by an illiterate pedophile.

however upon further historical reading Aisha’s story illustrates the affirmation of female autonomy. She was an active participant in her own life decisions, including her marriage to Muhammad.

The Prophet allowed Khawlah to approach women on his behalf, including Aisha, as potential spouses.

In summary, the debate around Aisha’s age at marriage is multifaceted. It’s essential to approach this topic with nuance and respect for differing viewpoints

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          It is essential to consider historical context here which you clearly not educated enough to understand. In seventh-century Arabia, adulthood was defined by the onset of puberty. It could be argued that Aisha must have entered puberty early, making her marriage valid according to the norms of that time.​
          Well yeah, I'm well aware that pedophilia was totally normal and accepted back then during the "norms" of that primitive time. I'm just confused as to why your God was ok with his favourite messenger doing it? Shouldn't he know better than to allow sex with a 9 year old girl?

There is no context, in any time in the history of this planet, where a 6 year old girl who still plays with dolls (Which is prohibited in Islam for adults), is ready to marry a 52 year old man and physically ready to have sex with him when she's 9. None. It's objectively immoral and disgusting..

Equally, other Muslims doubt the idea that Aisha was only six years old. Historians have questioned the reliability of the saying that asserts her young age. Aisha had been engaged to someone else before marrying Muhammad, suggesting she was mature enough by the standards of her society to consider marriage.​
          So you're saying that the Hadith Sahih al-Bukhari is not legitimate? Where it states that Aisha was 6 years old when she married Muhammad and had sex with him when she was 9?​

Because if so you're opening up quite the can of worms there.

The Prophet allowed Khawlah to approach women on his behalf, including Aisha, as potential spouses.

In summary, the debate around Aisha’s age at marriage is multifaceted. It’s essential to approach this topic with nuance and respect for differing viewpoints
          No, not really. It's very simple; A 55 year old man having sex with a 9 year old girl is repulsive. There is no scenario where that isn't the case.

I have absolutely no respect what so ever for that "differing viewpoint" and anyone with even an ounce of dignity wouldn't either. It is absolutely disgusting. As is your religion in general.

What's worse is it still happens now in those backwards countries, where kids under the age of 10 die from penetration by sick grown men following in the footsteps of your disgusting Prophet.

How could you possibly accept something so overtly disgusting?

however upon further historical reading Aisha’s story illustrates the affirmation of female autonomy. She was an active participant in her own life decisions, including her marriage to Muhammad.
          Yes, that is what is commonly known as "grooming".
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-02-2024, 09:18 PM.

Comment

What's your thoughts on the fact your Prophet Muhammad
            I thought you were muslim?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post

I thought you were muslim?
              I was, for 17 years.

Atheist now.

Or from an Islamic perspective, an apostate, that should be sentenced to death.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-03-2024, 03:28 AM.

Comment

I was, for 17 years.

Atheist now.

Or from an Islamic perspective, an apostate, that should be sentenced to death.
                Alhamdulillah brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post

Alhamdulillah brotha.
                  Are you Muslim?

Comment

Did allah did allah greet you. ????] j dudes got killed in afgsn 

Comment

Working...
                    X