Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Europe, Japan, and China all have high speed trains, new buildings and such?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Taxes spent are PUBLIC dollars. We tax the 2nd highest amount in the world by rate of the civilized nations and most by far collect the most in the world.

YES, Biden the Democrats are spending far too much WAR, and patching up OLD infrastructure instead of building new ones​.
    You gotta see a mental health person about that democrat derangement syndrome.

Trump had 4yrs to fix the infrastructure. Spoiler alert: he didn't.

There aren't many good guys or ladies with a D or R by their name imho. You just cuck for the guys with an R by their name while demonizing one side. Its as predictable as your next anti-Biden or Trump ass sniffing posts.
    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-27-2024, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I don't use Amtrak. Travel is expensive these days. They use cars in Europe too.

Have you spent time in an airport lately? I much rather take a high speed train from San Fran to Vegas. Replace some roads with high speed tracks along the major destinations

These magnetic / electric high speed trains " float on rails " and move amazingly fast.​
      Yeah I used to fly a lot and I fly occasionally still and I'll drive if there's a choice. I'll even drive like an 8 hour drive under certain conditions.

That's my point about Amtrak. What we tend to do as Americans is either drive or fly. I think there's a niche for Amtrak and it really frankly irritates the hell out of me. They get to up the prices and people cannot really use the railways at an economic price. Especially since it is subsidized!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Yeah I used to fly a lot and I fly occasionally still and I'll drive if there's a choice. I'll even drive like an 8 hour drive under certain conditions.

That's my point about Amtrak. What we tend to do as Americans is either drive or fly. I think there's a niche for Amtrak and it really frankly irritates the hell out of me. They get to up the prices and people cannot really use the railways at an economic price. Especially since it is subsidized!
        I know that its subsidized. A loser of business. The public issuing railroaded by the cost and must pay through the nose to use this old technology. Amtrak is very Democrat in politics. Gee, I wonder why!

PS: What would cause you to drive 8 hours and go through 6 gas tanks to get there and back? I want to know. You brought it up.
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I know that its subsidized. A loser of business. The public issuing railroaded by the cost and must pay through the nose to use this old technology. Amtrak is very Democrat in politics. Gee, I wonder why!

PS: What would cause you to drive 8 hours and go through 6 gas tanks to get there and back? I want to know. You brought it up.
          I'm glad, I'm flattered do you want to know lol. I have no shame in telling you I hate flying that much! I really really really hate these airlines that keep taking things away from us. It's a matter of principal partially but I got to ask you if you think about it...

How much time does the flight really take? Some airlines like I think United now? If you try to come in at a decent time for the flight will not even let you board. Probably because there's stuffing people in the seats. So let's say you have a 2 hour situation right off the bat. Then when you sit down even if you're responsible and how you handle your body you're generally going to be in a situation where it's a body static torture device which is known as an airline seat in common parlance. So on a flight coast to coast that's about 4 hours. Even on a less than 2-hour fight it's a lot to endure.

And you really can't do anything You're locked in. If you want internet they're going to charge you something, it's just every time you turn around they've got their hand in your pocket.

So here's my math. I'm a very seasoned driver and I can do Boise to San Francisco in about 8 to 9 hours. During that time I can rest if I want, I can have a comfortable environment without anybody telling me where I have to sit. And yes it cost a lot more You're absolutely right. Especially considering I do all my flights on Priceline which is really cheap.

But that's same trip by airline would be about half the time That's what it works out to when you consider all the things one has to endure getting to the airport etc.

My philosophy Yes I'm paying for a first class seat by being in my car lol. It's taking me longer and I'm willing to deal with it. Does that make any sense? If it doesn't say so it's cool it's just the way I feel about it. I also have friends in Nevada and stuff so I mean sometimes I can make it a little bit more social if I need to also.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I'm glad, I'm flattered do you want to know lol. I have no shame in telling you I hate flying that much! I really really really hate these airlines that keep taking things away from us. It's a matter of principal partially but I got to ask you if you think about it...

How much time does the flight really take? Some airlines like I think United now? If you try to come in at a decent time for the flight will not even let you board. Probably because there's stuffing people in the seats. So let's say you have a 2 hour situation right off the bat. Then when you sit down even if you're responsible and how you handle your body you're generally going to be in a situation where it's a body static torture device which is known as an airline seat in common parlance. So on a flight coast to coast that's about 4 hours. Even on a less than 2-hour fight it's a lot to endure.

And you really can't do anything You're locked in. If you want internet they're going to charge you something, it's just every time you turn around they've got their hand in your pocket.

So here's my math. I'm a very seasoned driver and I can do Boise to San Francisco in about 8 to 9 hours. During that time I can rest if I want, I can have a comfortable environment without anybody telling me where I have to sit. And yes it cost a lot more You're absolutely right. Especially considering I do all my flights on Priceline which is really cheap.

But that's same trip by airline would be about half the time That's what it works out to when you consider all the things one has to endure getting to the airport etc.

My philosophy Yes I'm paying for a first class seat by being in my car lol. It's taking me longer and I'm willing to deal with it. Does that make any sense? If it doesn't say so it's cool it's just the way I feel about it. I also have friends in Nevada and stuff so I mean sometimes I can make it a little bit more social if I need to also.

Wow, I do not hate flying, and I am okay sitting in a confined chair for say 5 hours. It's the process of getting to the fight, the parking, the airports and the waiting to take off that stinks. They do not have the Concorde anymore​. But your logic is sound. That plane does not fly anymore, but they have trains that go 200 MPH. 3 hours of 600 miles is not too long for most people to wait, and IMO much cheaper than flying. You have to ride such a train in Japan. . The USA has several of these fast trains to go over 200 MPH ... underground, but I have offically been on one. So don't ask me.​
            Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-29-2024, 09:42 AM.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X