Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movies made you cry or close to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pappy OâDaniel View Post

I tried watching it on acid too, but I couldn't make it through it.
    I can't say it's a great movie. The intro is insane visually. It's mind blowing. The acting is generally pretty crappy. The car accident is horrific but the child actors aren't convincing with their line delivery. The sex scenes are way overdone. Lots of ****ing and artsy **** just to fill time. I tried and couldn't watch the movie again.

Comment

City Of God is a masterpiece in my opinion. It never made me cry but it's a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post

I can't say it's a great movie. The intro is insane visually. It's mind blowing. The acting is generally pretty crappy. The car accident is horrific but the child actors aren't convincing with their line delivery. The sex scenes are way overdone. Lots of ****ing and artsy **** just to fill time. I tried and couldn't watch the movie again.
        I think it was mostly the herky jerky movements that made me feel dizzy at the time. I should try to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
          City Of God is a masterpiece in my opinion. It never made me cry but it's a great movie.
          Maybe it was the hype that set my expectations way too high, but after watching it I was underwhelmed. It’s good but overrated.

Comment

Incendies is another powerful film, so many scenes in that so perfectly written, acted, directed. The bus scene especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              The movie the Girl Next Door (not the Elisha Cuthbert comedy) made me cry as well. The torture and what the main character's aunt put her through was as tragic as it was disturbing.
              That was based on a true story too. Makes it even more disturbing.

I think I saw that one years ago.

Comment

I got one for ya.

Armageddon.

Comment

Titanic used to make me cry, but now that I’ve seen it so many times, I don’t even care.

But funny thing about Titanic that makes me lol every time.

Near the end when the ships ass end is up in the air, when Rose and Jack are in the back. One of the guys jumps off and his legs it the propeller and he starts doing nonstop air flips all the way down. And there’s a satisfying “DONG!” sound as he hits the propellers.

By far funniest thing about that movie.

Comment

honestly, i havent really watched any movies lately.... but as a kid, watching the land before time part 1, where little foot's mom who had passed away and came back as a cloud (spirit) and guided little foot and his friends into the great valley. that part made me had teary eyes as a kid.

Comment

Ordinary people.

Comment

Working...
                      X