No announcement yet.

Why is Costco selling gold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Costco selling gold?

I read a few articles about it recently, and as any moderately hit and miss trader/hodler I know gold has been up.

I bet they're selling high and waiting for BTC to dip and when it does they're going ape that blood in the streets then wait a little to cash out on a lambo, that'll show Costco's wife's BF.
    FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I read a few articles about it recently, and as any moderately hit and miss trader/hodler I know gold has been up.

I bet they're selling high and waiting for BTC to dip and when it does they're going ape that blood in the streets then wait a little to cash out on a lambo, that'll show Costco's wife's BF.
    Not just Costco

BlackRock, the real daddy of your country America, is also slanging the idea of gold

Digital gold in the form of spot itcoin etf

I wouldn’t be surprised if itcoin peaks in this cycle at 150K in 2024 or 2025

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Not just Costco

BlackRock, the real daddy of your country America, is also slanging the idea of gold

expecting a decent pump the days prior to the halving, then a dip after, then a pump.

I noticed, there are about half a dozen BTC ETFs, Eth is going to get one and I read XRP might even too.

Comment

Not just Costco

I don't invest in stocks , I do have a 401k and an IRA .But I do "invest" in things that I feel will hold value and at worst I can "get my money back" , things I can barter w/ so watches,guns & ammo and gold . Its a bull market w/ gold right now more people are investing in physical bullion there is no question. The great awakening before a collapse.
        Spray_resistant Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

expecting a decent pump the days prior to the halving, then a dip after, then a pump.

I noticed, there are about half a dozen BTC ETFs, Eth is going to get one and I read XRP might even too.
          this worth a read

From the founder of BitMEX [bbc genius Arthur Hayez] the first crypto trading site that offered perpetuals

https://cryptohayes.medium.com/heatwave-68dc6ccb3d21

The precarious period for risky assets is April 15th to May 1st. This is when tax payments remove liquidity from the system, QT rumbles on at the current elevated pace, and Yellen has yet to start running down the TGA. After May 1st, the pace of QT declines, and Yellen gets busy cashing checks to jack up asset prices. If you are a trader looking for an opportune time to put on a cheeky short position, the month of April is the perfect time to do so. After May 1st, it’s back to regular programming … asset inflation sponsored by Fed and US Treasury financial shenanigans.

Bitcoin Halving

The Bitcoin block reward is forecast to halve on April 20th. This is seen as a bullish catalyst for crypto markets. I agree that it will pump prices in the medium term; however, the price action directly before and after could be negative. The narrative of the halving being positive for crypto prices is well entrenched. When most market participants agree on a certain outcome, the opposite usually occurs. That is why I believe Bitcoin and crypto prices in general will slump around the halving.

Given that the halving occurs at a time when dollar liquidity is tighter than usual, it will add propellant to a raging firesale of crypto assets. The timing of the halving adds further weight to my decision to abstain from trading until May.

To date I took full profit on these positions, MEW, SOL, and NMT. The proceeds were placed into Ethena’s USDe and staked to earn that phat yield. Before Ethena, I would have held USDT or USDC and earned nothing while Tether and Circle captured the entire T-bill yield.

Could the market defy my bearish inclinations and continue higher? **** yeah. I’m perennially long as **** crypto, so I welcome being wrong.

Do I really want to babysit my most speculative ****coin positions while I’m two-stepping at Token2049 Dubai? Hell no.

Therefore, I dump.

There is no need to be upset.

If the dollar liquidity scenarios I discussed above come true, I will have that much more confidence to ape into all manner of dog****. If I miss a few percentage points of gains but definitely avoid losses for my portfolio and lifestyle, that is an acceptable outcome. With that, I bid you adieu. Please remember to put your dancing shoes on, and I will see you in Dubai for a celebration of the crypto bull market.

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
          I don't invest in stocks , I do have a 401k and an IRA .But I do "invest" in things that I feel will hold value and at worst I can "get my money back" , things I can barter w/ so watches,guns & ammo and gold . Its a bull market w/ gold right now more people are investing in physical bullion there is no question. The great awakening before a collapse.
          Liquid assets good

too many get caught in the trap of your home that you live in is an asset

takes work to sell. And selling a house quickly can result in bad deal

​middle class and working class mix up wealth preservation via home ownership for wealth creation

Comment

You think ETH will get approved in May?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Yeah, they play this game with the SEC all of the time and it just seems to get resolved but regulation is coming eventually and 99% of these shitcoin rug pulls will be gone.

Just read what all the companies do and you'll see what is useful and what is a meme coin and nothing more.

I spent some time recently looking at the top 300 on coinmarketcap and what we have is BTC the sun which gives the crypto solar system light and the digital gold standard acting as an inflation hedge, Eth serves as the planet which many of the apps live basically, Solona is the same, XRP, XLM and a few others for payment related stuff, Vet is a good project for supply chain, plenty of stuff for gaming which is niche not big money in my opinion but might stay, some other cool projects for digital id, some projects that have utility for devices we already use making them remotely controlled, and a few million meme, shitcoin rug pulls
              FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Yeah, they play this game with the SEC all of the time and it just seems to get resolved but regulation is coming eventually and 99% of these shitcoin rug pulls will be gone.

Just read what all the companies do and you'll see what is useful and what is a meme coin and nothing more.

I spent some time recently looking at the top 300 on coinmarketcap and what we have is BTC the sun which gives the crypto solar system light and the digital gold standard acting as an inflation hedge, Eth serves as the planet which many of the apps live basically, Solona is the same, XRP, XLM and a few others for payment related stuff, Vet is a good project for supply chain, plenty of stuff for gaming which is niche not big money in my opinion but might stay, some other cool projects for digital id, some projects that have utility for devices we already use making them remotely controlled, and a few million meme, shitcoin rug pulls
                meme coins are where you 50x-100x your investment

10% or so of one’s budget in meme coins

New memes outperform ripple stellar vet old VC backed tokens

skill in being early in memes that will go viral or become a brand

second skill knowing when to sell your memes before they go to zero

brc20 is huge in China

Ethereum was invented by a Russian

Solana was invented by a Ukrainian

itcoin allegedly Japanese

the East is running circles around the West particularly Gheyrope

Comment

Favorite memes on Base the chain of America’s favorite exchange Coinbase

DogInMe:
                  https://dexscreener.com/base/0xade9b...a55f6a8c2416df

Mochi:
                  https://dexscreener.com/base/0xbe096...14be06191a0566

These aren’t controversial. Coinbase should have no prob listing these in the future.

Election coins should do well also, but I’d sell them before Election Day. Boden on Solana for example. A meme of how ******ed biden is

Comment

meme coins are where you 50x-100x your investment

10% or so of one’s budget in meme coins

New memes outperform ripple stellar vet old VC backed tokens

skill in being early in memes that will go viral or become a brand

second skill knowing when to sell your memes before they go to zero

brc20 is huge in China

Ethereum was invented by a Russian

Solana was invented by a Ukrainian

itcoin allegedly Japanese

the East is running circles around the West particularly Gheyrope
                    I thought about them, just go check what the newest listed meme coin is, find the sketchy platform they're on, buy it, wait a little for a big pump, and sell.

It can work because the big banks and the fed haven't manipulated those like the rest of the market.

Comment

Working...
                    X