Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. comedian Jimmy Kimmel says he was blown away by Japan’s bathrooms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] U.S. comedian Jimmy Kimmel says he was blown away by Japan’s bathrooms

U.S. comedian Jimmy Kimmel says he was blown away by Japan’s bathrooms

Today 06:37 am JST 13 Comments
    By Casey Baseel, SoraNews24TOKYO

Japan regularly sees a surge in inbound foreign travelers in spring, with many hoping to time their trip to coincide with the blooming of the country’s famed cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, a sudden cold snap kept the flowers from opening until later than predicted, so those who came to Japan in late March missed their chance to enjoy the sakura scenery.

But on his trip to Japan last week, American comedian and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel still got to see one of the most beautiful things in Japan: the nation’s pristinely clean bathrooms.

“I took my family to Japan this week, and I have to say, I’m still not sure how I feel about what happened over there,” the comic said in his opening monologue for an episode of nightly TV show, Jimmy Kimmel Live. “We were in Japan for seven days. Not only did I not encounter a single dirty bathroom, the bathrooms in Tokyo and Kyoto are cleaner than our operating rooms here.”

▼ Kimmel talks about his trip to Japan at the start of this video.

As a wealthy celebrity, it’s safe to assume that Kimmel stayed in some pretty fancy accommodations during his trip, but what blew him away was how clean bathrooms are across a wide swatch of facilities in Japan. “Everywhere you go the bathrooms are clean. They don’t smell bad…And not just in the hotel. Restaurants, bars, truck stops. I went to two truck stops. I swear to God, the bathrooms: cleaner than Jennifer Garner’s teeth,” he gushed, comparing the unblemished porcelain of Japan’s bathroom fixtures to the Hollywood starlet’s pearly whites. “After traveling to Japan I realize that this place, this USA we’re always chanting about, it is a filthy and disgusting country,” he declares.

Now, it’s worth noting that there are, in fact, dirty bathrooms in Japan too. Venture too far down into the dingy spectrum of shack-like ramen joints and dive izakaya pubs, often cramped places with only the bare minimum number of people running the place, and yes, you can find toilets that have been left uncleaned for far too long, marked by a historical record of improper, often inebriated aim for bodily functions of various ejection points. Similar scenes can sometimes be found at train stations located near bar districts around the last train of the night.

Kimmel also mentions traveling to other parts of the world where the bathroom situation is only “dirt holes where plumbing is supposed to be,” while singing the praises of Japan’s bidet function-equipped washlets, which he describes as “toilets that wash you from the inside out.” Not every toilet in Japan is a washlet, however, and in older facilities, especially in the countryside, an old-fashioned washiki, or squat-style, toilet might be your only option, though these are at least ceramic and connected by pipes to the sewer system

yet not far from me pole drop turds in outhouses
    when I was in Gifu I had to go cavalier in an out house.

thenn a month later a truck would show up and draw all that pizz and Kaka via suction

I was just a young punk my home stay house was 400 years or more old

Japan is clean AF , but I say the absolutely cleanest country I have been to is Singapore .

Comment

Yeah there are places in Japan where really wealthy people live like my neighbors live

I like Singapore but that economy is fragile and Chinese and Indians hold sway

their not really inventive

Japan looks for top engineers.

They secure oil and recycle

they love Jewish rich ppl

yet they don’t want poor immigrants from certain countries

I see so called experts talking heads who don’t speak read or write Japanese

I get paid monthly my SoftBank by allowing then to have a cell tower on my land

I will never be poor again
      FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Kimmel seems like the type of guy who would leave diarrhea spray marks on the toilet seat and not wash his hands after wiping.

Comment

Ive been on that Japan fever for months now lol. Yes public bathrooms in Japan are squeaky clean because people treat them like it’s their own.

As a kid, I was taught to hate on the Japanese and I was on that boat for a while but not anymore. There are many things I admire about Japan man these people are no joke.

Japanese people take pride in their craft, they are like perfectionists and I can really relate to that.

Koreans and Chinese stay hating on Japan but in reality, they are not on the level. Im just being completely real.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Kimmel seems like the type of guy who would leave diarrhea spray marks on the toilet seat and not wash his hands after wiping.

Why for is he famous?

you can stay in my 6 room very cheaply made apt unit

my home you can come to watch me make drugs cut deals and do evil

i tried to be an honest guy but my. Wife was saying we need money

so I hooked up with some j dudes and they said. Can you get us coke!

imagine bro coke is stepped on 6 times

my coke was like abalone shells clean my Peruvian bro in law bottled is in some kinda bottles and Japanese customs let it in

working hard is not in my DNA

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              Ive been on that Japan fever for months now lol. Yes public bathrooms in Japan are squeaky clean because people treat them like itās their own.

As a kid, I was taught to hate on the Japanese and I was on that boat for a while but not anymore. There are many things I admire about Japan man these people are no joke.

Japanese people take pride in their craft, they are like perfectionists and I can really relate to that.

Koreans and Chinese stay hating on Japan but in reality, they are not on the level. Im just being completely real.
              Tokyo top city in the world followed by Dubai

​Naoya must bang Anglo ring girls two at a time the next fight he wins in the West. Resurrect the Japanese Empire with his Big Bamboo D WZDNML7CJZNAXOLCWC6WX456Q4.jpg
              Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 04-04-2024, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I live here and clean bathrooms are good

yet I go to Gifu and see outhouse toilets

jimmy Kimmel ain’t ever been to poor areas in Japan where there is no toilet paper

what is interesting are old Japanese wimmin telling people to hurry up and pee or chit

Comment

My Filipina maid says I just don’t pick up after myself

we got Koreans my wife is half Korean who out performs Pakistani, hudusnand woke fools says what don’t you get another job

I said Here is money

her brothers said he pays for everything. So he an do what he wants

Comment

Any country that has the level of diversity we have will be filthy too.

Comment

Working...
                    X