Collapse
No announcement yet.

'misinformation'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I don't have to go far back to show western media lies, look at the navalny coverage... they made out he was a hero (objective polling says otherwise and he was disliked by the vast majority of russians) then with no evidence presented they said he was murdered (later said to be false by head of Ukrainian intelligence)

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post

As I said, I view all sources of media under a critical lens... what I will not accept is the 'my media is better than yours because our organisations say so' argument... all these people saying russian news isn't reliable has never even watched it , they don't lie from what I have seen but they focus on stories to paint the west in a negative light, the same western media does towards russia... for example russia focus on the Assange case to highlight lack of liberties in the west whereas the west focused on navalny
      You do not. You seem to think saying this fools other posters.

No one asked you yo believe that argument. There are facts and alternative facts aka lies. You choose to knowingly believe lies, then you defend that belief in them as a right or entitlement.

The reason almost everyone stopped watching Russian news is because it is state run and not trustworthy. It is vetted by Putin. Of course they lie.

Sadly, much ofAmerican journalism has been compromised and sacrificed . We allow wealthy individuals and conglomerates to buy newspapers/ media and then shape content to focus on ratings/sales rather than the truth.

We need independent journalism back to hold government accountable.

You can always come up with isolated examples. The fact remains Russian state run media is not independent.
      Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

What happened to putin dying from cancer and a mysterious neurological condition? Was that good, objective journalism from the west?
        1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

Comment

Dunn I respect you and other posters

Seems to me that race relations going bad

Comment

...I don't have to go far back to show western media lies, look at the navalny coverage... they made out he was a hero (objective polling says otherwise and he was disliked by the vast majority of russians) then with no evidence presented they said he was murdered (later said to be false by head of Ukrainian intelligence)
            You are exaggerating and lying. No one made him out to be a hero. What objective polling?

Media reported what members of his team claimed- that he was murdered.

Now you trust Ukrainian sources when they say what you want to hear, after denying claims they made since the war started.

lmfao.
            Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You are exaggerating and lying. No one made him out to be a hero. What objective polling?

Media reported what members of his team claimed- that he was murdered.

Now you trust Ukrainian sources when they say what you want to hear, after denying claims they made since the war started.

lmfao.
              The thread I made on the subject had it all written...

Comment

The thread I made on the subject had it all written...
                That polling wasn’t objective. Don’t you see that is the misinformation you’re accepting as factual because it says what you want.

Comment

What happened to putin dying from cancer and a mysterious neurological condition? Was that good, objective journalism from the west?
                  I'd forgotten about that one.

It's pretty sad when Russian media may be more honest than the MSM in the United States.
                  Madison boxing Prince Madison likes this.

Comment

I'm dumb for thinking countries that are hostile to Russia might have an agenda at play when it comes to reporting on Russia?
                    It's organisations and researchers, analysts, corporate, non corporate, scores countries around the world, linked to Governments, not linked to Governments, associated with parties, not associated with parties. Across a large portion of countries around the world. That find and state from evidence, that there's demonstrably barely any free press so it's heavily propaganda.

What's the Russian case, there you just choose to settle for the word of Putin or heavily linked Putin media.

Where's your examples, criticique and scepticism of Russian media portrayal of things, especially of other countries? You don't say oh they are biased. You apply a different, lap it up approach.
                    ​​​
                    Then laughably convince yourself and try to others, that you are being consistent and balanced.

​​​​​
                    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/putin-...dmdwZlRCM0NUbQ..

That was based on a leaked email first viewed by The Sun, a uk based newspaper. Is the Sun not trusted in England?

Russian news edited out the IV marks on the back of his hands in pictures after people started commenting about them.

Are you saying because he isn’t dead yet, that means he doesn’t have cancer?

Comment

Working...
                      X