No announcement yet.

Social Media Mocks Trump After He Can't Post $464M Bond

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Mocks Trump After He Can't Post $464M Bond

Donald Trump caused quite a stir on social media Monday when his team told court officials that raising $464 million so he can appeal his civil fraud conviction is “a practical impossibility.”

The former president hasn’t commented on his inability to pay the bond, but the reaction on social media was mostly shock, snark and plenty of good old schadenfreude.

Many of those commenting noted that Trump’s statement to a New York state court basically revealed that he may not be as flush as he’s claimed to be.

You can get a taste of the taunting below.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/social-med...180024645.html

Letitia James had been live tweeting every day the amount of interest that accrues

I hope she is still doing it....

Comment

one thing is for sure he has more money and power than the losers laughing at him on social media

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Letitia James had been live tweeting every day the amount of interest that accrues

I hope she is still doing it....

what a sad life

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post
          one thing is for sure he has more money and power than the losers laughing at him on social media
          I don't think the losers mocking him are on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars that they can't pay.
          The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Lol because they're broke as chit and don't understand rich people don't sit on hundreds of millions. They let their money make money.
            Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              rich people don't sit on hundreds of millions.
              You mean to tell me a billionaire like the Donald , does not have hundreds of millions in cash at the local bank ? ....

“Based upon my more than 50 years in the insurance industry as well as my actual experience over the past several weeks during which I have been in contact with some of the largest insurance carriers in the world in an effort to try and obtain a bond for Defendants, it is my opinion that obtaining an appeal bond for $464 million (the “Judgment Amount”) is not possible under the circumstances presented,” wrote Gary Giuletti, an executive with Lockton Companies, the largest private insurance brokerage firm in the world, in a sworn affirmation submitted with the filing.

From NBC news -

-While the filing says Trump can't afford the bond, it also argues that the attorney general doesn't have to worry about being able to collect her judgment.

-"Defendants’ real estate holdings — including iconic properties like 40 Wall Street, Doral Miami, and Mar-a-Lago, — greatly exceed the amount of the judgment. Such assets are impossible to secrete or dispose of surreptitiously, leaving the plaintiff effectively secured during the pendency of an appeal," the filing said.
              man down man down likes this.

Comment

No way the 11 billionaire or whatever hes supposedly worth couldn't come up with half a bill bond?

This dude is so full of sh^t its one of the greatest grifts of all time he gots half the country worshipping him. This sh^t makes that Jim Jones kool aid level loyalty & trust look like childs play. Idr a politican ever having so many ppl believing they were the sh^t that didn't have close to as much evidence to the contrary like Trump does.

I'm legit a lil surprised he couldn't find a half a bill with all these acolytes he has. These Orange Jesus worshippers need to cash out there 401K's and start buying more gold shoes immediately!!!!
                travestyny travestyny paulf paulf like this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I don't think the losers mocking him are on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars that they can't pay.
                  Mocking or joking about Trump really upsets his worshippers and supporters.

They react the same way extreme Muslims do if you make a joke about Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    No way the 11 billionaire or whatever hes supposedly worth couldn't come up with half a bill bond?

This dude is so full of sh^t its one of the greatest grifts of all time he gots half the country worshipping him. This sh^t makes that Jim Jones kool aid level loyalty & trust look like childs play. Idr a politican ever having so many ppl believing they were the sh^t that didn't have close to as much evidence to the contrary like Trump does.

I'm legit a lil surprised he couldn't find a half a bill with all these acolytes he has. These Orange Jesus worshippers need to cash out there 401K's and start buying more gold shoes immediately!!!!
                    11? Where did you get this from? His net worth is around $2.5 billion. Coming up with half a billion in CASH is not a simple task.

Comment

Working...
                    X