Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Caitlin Clark trigger some black people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I agree with parts of the article. Read it and ask me about that, not just the headline which you know is done to grab attention.
    I asked you specifically about the headline. Do you agree that women’s basketball need the faces of the future to be black? Yes or no?

It’s a simple question.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      I will say this.... I do see people whining about her getting a shoe deal and not other black players nobody heard of.... bringing up systematic racism lol....

Jamele Hill just recently said this on IG .lol.

But I mean it's gonna always be a % of people getting racially triggered over everything. And all races do it.... Especially White and Black Americans
      Jemele Hill is obviously triggered. She doesn’t like to see Caitlin shining.

Comment

• Brown called the former Iowa Hawkeyes star the "Cracker of the Day" after he reveled to his followers on X that she blocked him on the social media platform. It appeared that one lewd attack after another finally crossed the line for Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I asked you specifically about the headline. Do you agree that women’s basketball need the faces of the future to be black? Yes or no?

It’s a simple question.
          The headline isn’t the article. Why not ask about the points in the article?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...l/72862649007/

Women's basketball needs faces of future to be Black. Enter JuJu Watkins and Hannah Hidalgo

Lindsay Schnell
          USA TODAY

I think the sport benefits from marketing all players, not just white players.

I do agree that many of ​the Black players who built women’s hoops — and who now dominate the professional level, where the WNBA is 70% Black — haven’t been acknowledged​.

I do agree that the majority of attention has been on Clark, Buechers and Ionescu. I also agree more should be on Aja Wilson since she is the best player.

I agree with Plum discussing why she was marketed over black players- because she is straight and white. I do think Juju and Hildago being marketed now is good for the game.

Market the best players regardless of race.
          travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            Brown called the former Iowa Hawkeyes star the "Cracker of the Day" after he reveled to his followers on X that she blocked him on the social media platform. It appeared that one lewd attack after another finally crossed the line for Clark.
            Yeah I saw that. F-ck is AB doing?

Comment

Hill said Clark deserves her own shoe but Aja Wilson deserved it first given she is the best player in the world.

That doesn’t sound triggered in any way.

Even the NYPost admits Hill had been complimentary of Clark’s play and said she believed it would translate to the WNBA, but she also criticized the way that Clark has been held up by the media.​

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The headline isn’t the article. Why not ask about the points in the article?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...l/72862649007/

Women's basketball needs faces of future to be Black. Enter JuJu Watkins and Hannah Hidalgo

Lindsay Schnell
                USA TODAY

I think the sport benefits from marketing all players, not just white players.

I do agree that many of ​the Black players who built women’s hoops — and who now dominate the professional level, where the WNBA is 70% Black — haven’t been acknowledged​.

I do agree that the majority of attention has been on Clark, Buechers and Ionescu. I also agree more should be on Aja Wilson since she is the best player.

I agree with Plum discussing why she was marketed over black players- because she is straight and white. I do think Juju and Hildago being marketed now is good for the game.

Market the best players regardless of race.
                But does women’s basketball need the faces of the future to be black, though? Why are you avoiding the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

She's not ugly to me - I think she's a fine looking woman. I like the way she elevates the sport with her talent and winner's mentality. All the rest of the black v white bs is nonsense and a waste of time.
                  She has a decent athletic body but she’s nothing special in the looks department.

I prefer Angel Reese or Van Lith from LSU.

Comment

Lol she was under the comments writing a damn novel bringing up how white people becoming the minority, and all this BS which may be true but doesn't have anything to do with her.

Maybe if these people supported these black players as much as they love complaining and playing victim companies would want to invest in them. Especially considering companies love to pander and make money off black people.

Someone even brought up why didn't Hill use her platform to make that particular player popular why wait

till this white woman become so big to whine about some black player people barely heard off.

Comment

But does women’s basketball need the faces of the future to be black, though? Why are you avoiding the question?
                      I am not answering the headline. I am answering what the whole article discusses.

You are trying to manipulate the headline without discussing what the author’s actual point is. That is disingenuous.

As for the headline-I think JuJu and Hidalgo are great for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X