Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Caitlin Clark trigger some black people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Caitlin Clark trigger some black people?

Other races are allowed to excel in sports and receive acclaim for it. Aren’t they?

Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

I always love the "Black people can't be racist" card. A lot American blacks seem to think that it's some kind of victimization olympics and only they can get medals lol.

*looks at video* Well, I made it 37 seconds

Comment

I don't know much about her but I remember during her loss that went viral there were a bunch of clips of her being blatantly disrespectful to opponents.
      It was good that she was humbled. This is probably nothing more than her actions inviting the hate. Don't feel sorry for her. Maybe she relishes being the villain as extra motivation like some great athletes do.

Everyone I know loves Ionescu, the WNBA's Steph Curry, and she's White. Go Liberty!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I always love the "Black people can't be racist" card. A lot American blacks seem to think that it's some kind of victimization olympics and only they can get medals lol.

*looks at video* Well, I made it 37 seconds
        True story...I was in a meeting about three weeks ago and mentioned how absurd it is that some people believe Black people can't be racist, and then I thought, "Wait. Maybe that's not even a thing anymore."

And here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          I don't know much about her but I remember during her loss that went viral there were a bunch of clips of her being blatantly disrespectful to opponents.
          It was good that she was humbled. This is probably nothing more than her actions inviting the hate. Don't feel sorry for her. Maybe she relishes being the villain as extra motivation like some great athletes do.

Everyone I know loves Ionescu, the WNBA's Steph Curry, and she's White. Go Liberty!
          Caitlin has swagger and talks trash like hundreds of other basketball players. That can’t be why some refuse to acknowledge her greatness I don’t think.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Caitlin has swagger and talks trash like hundreds of other basketball players. That can’t be why some refuse to acknowledge her greatness I don’t think.

But I could be wrong.
            She's the #1 college player. Of course that's going to invite people to talk. Having swagger and talking trash just elevates the target on #1.

If she were always humble I don't think she'd get the same amount of hate. But then again we likely wouldn't even know who she is.
            Last edited by travestyny; 03-16-2024, 06:36 PM.

Comment

True story...I was in a meeting about three weeks ago and mentioned how absurd it is that some people believe Black people can't be racist, and then I thought, "Wait. Maybe that's not even a thing anymore."

And here we are.
              I think it's more of a thing now than it was 20 years ago TBH. I see it said on more mainstream platforms now than I used to.

Comment

She's the #1 college player. Of course that's going to invite people to talk. Having swagger and talking trash just elevates the target on #1.

If she were always humble I don't think she'd get the same amount of hate. But then again we likely wouldn't even know who she is.
                Her being the #1 college player and all-time scoring leader (men or women) is a great accomplishment that she earned.

I don’t get why some black folks feel threatened by that and can’t simply give her props.
                Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I think it's more of a thing now than it was 20 years ago TBH. I see it said on more mainstream platforms now than I used to.
                  Isn't the argument that it has something to do with the amount of power you can assert over someone, or something to that effect? I don't know if the argument is that minorities can only be prejudiced...? But doesn't seem to be a reason to play semantics to me. A racist is a racist. The word speaks for itself

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Her being the #1 college player and all-time scoring leader (men or women) is a great accomplishment that she earned.

I don’t get why some black folks feel threatened by that and can’t simply give her props.
                    I think you are trying hard to insert race into the conversation for some reason. All I'm saying is she's used disrespect to her benefit and also it has been to her detriment. I'll leave it up to you to read into what people of a certain hue are feeling beyond that.

Personally, I was happy when she was humbled because it is always satisfying when a disrespectful player is humbled. But I don't root against her because I don't follow Women's college bball. I'll root for her if she joins the Liberty. Otherwise, I'll hate her equally as with all the other players in the WNBA.
                    Last edited by travestyny; 03-16-2024, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X