Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYC straphanger shoots ‘aggressive’ rider in head after wrestling gun away from him during fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC straphanger shoots ‘aggressive’ rider in head after wrestling gun away from him during fight

Guess the National Guard should start checking coats and pockets too…

A fight on a packed Brooklyn train Thursday afternoon took a horrific turn when one straphanger wrestled a gun away from an apparent agitator and shot him in the head, police said.

The violence on a rush-hour northbound A train erupted when a 32-year-old man was confronted by an “aggressive” 36-year-old rider after boarding at the Nostrand Avenue subway station at 4:45 p.m., NYPD Chief Michael Kemper said at a press conference.

What started as a verbal argument quickly escalated as the 36-year-old man flashed what’s believed to be a knife or razor before pulling out a gun, Kemper said.

During the struggle, the 32-year-old managed to yank the gun away and he “fired multiple shots,” striking the other man in front of two dozen other commuters on the train car, according to Kemper.

Terrified straphangers ducked for cover in the moments after the shooting, according to video from ABC journalist Jordan Philippe, who was on the train when gunfire erupted.

Where’s the NYPD, oh my God!” one woman exclaims in the clip.

“Close the door! Close the door!” others pleaded.

People were crying, praying, huddled amongst each other hoping that the situation would lead to someone being caught and not the worst-case scenario,” Phillipe, who was on another train car, told The Post.

The subway then pulled into the A/C Hoyt–Schermerhorn Streets station — which houses the NYPD’s 30th transit precinct — and officers with their guns drawn flooded the car, witnesses said.

“People were fearful not knowing if the danger was inside of the train…or out on the platform, but where we were on the train, there was nowhere to go. It was a very fearful moment,” recalled Phillipe.

The shooter was arrested before he even stepped onto the platform, Kemper said.

The 36-year-old man was rushed to Brooklyn Methodist Hospital in critical condition and is undergoing surgery.

Police believe the two men are total strangers.

It is not clear whether the shooter will face any charges, with police stating that the “victim appears to be the aggressor.”

“When you bring a gun on a train and you start a fight, it’s not right and it’s absolutely outrageous,” Kemper said.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/14/us-new...olice-sources/

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Where’s the NYPD, oh my God!” one woman exclaims in the clip.
    So , now they do want the police ......

Comment

They got what they voted for.
      Theodore Theodore Rockin' Rockin' like this.

Comment

i dont understand what's happening here. the bigger crazy guy who got stabbed by the woman is a cop? he's the one that got shot?

Comment

There will be no more Daniel Penny’s coming to the rescue, or NYPD. Should be a fun summer.

Comment

@ them 1000s of bag checkers

Can't really ''blame'' a person for acting crazy if they are indeed crazy....which that guy was.
            See a crazy person, swallow your pride and GTFO.
            It's a lose/lose proposition.

Comment

Just another day in New York.

Comment

I'm lost.. Who is the poster of the video mad at? The guy who shot the aggressive man or the aggressive man?

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                  I'm lost.. Who is the poster of the video mad at? The guy who shot the aggressive man or the aggressive man?
                  From what I gathered

The guy yelling in the beginning was the instigator.
                  The other guy was I guess tired of him yelling.
                  1st guy pulled a gun, had it taken away by 2nd guy.
                  Was then shot with it

Comment

Good shoot… but the real issue here is that the agitator is the one that’s armed.
                    The eventual shooter actually wanted to throw hands but it’s not clear how the agitator started bleeding from the back.

Edit: yup, that woman “staved” him with something… I watched the video several times and she was trying to conceal something in her right sleeve. Then the moment she stopped hitting him on the bad, he started bleeding.
                    Last edited by BuckToothed; 03-15-2024, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X