Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Positive Reports Today: US Economy Surprises with Faster than Expected Growth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last one for now. Yes I have a TON more saved. If you want more just dispute what I've posted here and I'll be happy to add more.

Comment

• Ok I lied, let's add the latest CC info.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
        Fact check it.
        You do realize, manufacturing jobs are the biggest they've been since 08?!? Can't have rapid growth forever.

That is a lot of government jobs...quick deep dive, it's primarily caused by local government hiring. Probably from the past few years of people moving to smaller towns/cities, requiring them to grow to support the population growth. I know my town hired 25% more jobs this first quarter, mostly police.

Comment

Last one for now. Yes I have a TON more saved. If you want more just dispute what I've posted here and I'll be happy to add more.
          Yea it's odd how low numbers have been under revisions...it's almost as bad as 2017. At this rate, it'll look like Trump's term.

Comment

Fact check it.

Okay, and? Healthcare and leisure and hospitality were leading industries for job growth. Naturally, they are also industries that immigrants work in...those Filipino nurses get **** done.

Just like when Trump's job increases were heavily influened by logging and construction, two industries reliant on migrant, part time workers.

I guess it matters if you're anti free market and immigration, two core values the USA were founded on.
            Last edited by madsweeney; 04-14-2024, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Yep

Comment

Yep
                The studies demonstrating "greedflation" are discussing who benefited from inflation not what caused inflation

To see this think about the market for used cars. The chip shortage caused a huge drop in the production of new cars which spiked demand and limited supply for used cars. This caused the price of used cars to spike and used car profits to go way up. Used car profits account for a large percent of the price increase even though the cause is clearly a chip shortage.​

The topic of corporate greed causing inflation is specific to the past year or so, as we see the PPI flattening out but CPI increasing consistently which demonstrates that corporations are increasing prices faster than their production costs...i.e. what people refer to as corporate greed.

Go to Costco and your local grocery store, you'll see that while both stores have increased prices, common goods have increased more at retail grocery vs wholesalers which have a fixed profit margin.
                Last edited by madsweeney; 04-15-2024, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X