Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Positive Reports Today: US Economy Surprises with Faster than Expected Growth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prince Madison View Post

people dont need you to tell them how far their money is stretching... you are talking complete crap and the moderators should have shut this thread down a long time ago
    Shut up, Karen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stebs View Post

Facts get in the way of your bullshit don't they, then you throw some more bullshit in the comment above, oh yea, you believe in truth over facts if that makes any sense at all ( Joe Biden Quote), play your word semantics with that one for a while like you do with welfare.....
      What facts? You make zero sense. The economy is fluid, imbecile. All you are doing is praying for America to suffer because you are a miserable magat

There was just another good jobs report for March, wasn't there? Did that make you mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
        Im on a plane and seeing all the news about the economy. Is anyone shocked except Trav? He seems to be out of touch with reality. It's not that we want a bad economy. It's that it is what it is. No hope or "doom and gloom" can change the facts of what's happening right now and moving forward.

How in the hell can anyone be shocked at this point? It really blows me away. When I get back home I'll post some economic data for those in denial.
        Bullshlt. If it is what it is, you wouldn't be only focusing on the bad side of it.

Try a more complete picture.

But 2024 has brought a spate of surprises: The economy is expanding rapidly, job gains are unexpectedly strong and progress on inflation shows signs of stalling. That could add up to a very different conclusion.

Instead of the “soft landing” that many economists thought was underway — a situation in which inflation slows as growth gently calms without a painful recession — analysts are increasingly wary that America's economy is not landing at all. Rather than settling down, the economy appears to be booming as prices continue to climb more quickly than usual.

A “no landing” outcome might feel pretty good to the typical American household. Inflation is nowhere near as high as it was at its peak in 2022, wages are climbing and jobs are plentiful. But it would cause problems for the Federal Reserve, which has been determined to wrestle price increases back to their 2 percent target, a slow and steady pace that the Fed thinks is consistent with price stability. Policymakers raised interest rates sharply in 2022 and 2023, pushing them to a two-decade high in an attempt to weigh on growth and inflation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/11/b...o-landing.html

Yes, inflation has been stubborn at the same time the economy has been "booming." And yes, you are praying for America's downfall because your cult leader was kicked out of the White House.

So happy you are on a plane, though. I'll be going on vacation to Ireland soon. Even in this cold hard economy we both find a way to travel. I suppose it could be worse

Comment

• "Since the start of the pandemic, Americans have seen average prices increase more than 20% overall. Despite this, economic growth in the U.S. rolls on. Inflation remained elevated once again in March, adding another round of price increases to Americans' already-strained wallets.​Let see the economy is giving at 1-3% a quarter, but inflation is over 20% is less than 4 years."

Only a dope like you think the bottom 90% are doing better under Biden. While there is growth for the investors the real estate markets and the credit market are about to go BUST.

For those of you with the money to play the market, watch the price of gold. When it goes way up, it is a sign of a hedge against the market.​

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

right right. More doom and gloom from the magats like you hoping for America to fail. I get it.

That is what is going on, Are you communists? It as if you like Biden failures and the USA's bottom 50% struggling.

By the way Gold it at all time high is April.

An all-time high in 1980 followed the lows of the 1970s. In recent years, gold has nominally reached even higher, hitting a record $2,265 per ounce in early April 2024.​
          If you listen to me you could make some money -- well for you that does not matter. I bet you live in apartment and have very little net worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

"Since the start of the pandemic, Americans have seen average prices increase more than 20% overall. Despite this, economic growth in the U.S. rolls on. Inflation remained elevated once again in March, adding another round of price increases to Americans' already-strained wallets.​Let see the economy is giving at 1-3% a quarter, but inflation is over 20% is less than 4 years."

Only a dope like you think the bottom 90% are doing better under Biden. While there is growth for the investors the real estate markets and the credit market are about to go BUST.

For those of you with the money to play the market, watch the price of gold. When it goes way up, it is a sign of a hedge against the market.​

That is what is going on, Are you communists? It as if you like Biden failures and the USA's bottom 50% struggling.

If you listen to me you could make some money -- well for you that does not matter. I bet you live in apartment and have very little net worth.
            No one should listen to you. You're a fool.

I own a home and, as I just mentioned, I'm vacationing in Ireland next week, so I'm doing well enough. Unlike someone like you who is crying as if we are in the Great Depression

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

"Since the start of the pandemic, Americans have seen average prices increase more than 20% overall. Despite this, economic growth in the U.S. rolls on. Inflation remained elevated once again in March, adding another round of price increases to Americans' already-strained wallets.​Let see the economy is giving at 1-3% a quarter, but inflation is over 20% is less than 4 years."

Is cost of goods too high, yes...is housing costs too high...yes.

What's Trump plan? 10% tariff on all imported goods and force the fed to lower interest rates....both will INCREASE inflation, not reduce it. Also, he wants to extend his 2017 tax cuts, the cuts that overwhelmingly benefited those earning 450K or more, and increased tax burden on the middle class through reduction in our biggest write-offs. In other words...the exact opposite of what we need.
              Last edited by madsweeney; 04-13-2024, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm not even going to bother for two posters here that support everything Biden does.
                I'll wait for the fall, then call them out.

Comment

Yeah I'm not even going to bother for two posters here that support everything Biden does.
                  Or you might have to run away and cry for another 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

Or you might have to run away and cry for another 4 years.
                    Or maybe you can rub Biden's blond hairs in the pool. Man you really took that "if you don't vote for me you ain't black" to heart huh? Poor fella.

Sorry you're too dumb to get a ID. Never seen a old white dude clown blacks so many times and sign a crime bill against them and they still pick him.
                    Unbelievable.

Comment

Yeah I'm not even going to bother for two posters here that support everything Biden does.
                      Of course you'd ***** out. You can't back your claims up so you run and hide.

Comment

Working...
                      X