Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of Atheism in America (INFOGRAFIC)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Probably some type of Creator (Deity Maybe) and Nature is it's creation. Body or other maybe a simple force who knows.

If I had to gamble I'd say yeah because of existence in it's basic form.

However I don't think it's a Blue Elephant with six arms
    haha I'm waiting for some one to truely debunk god...

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Dope View Post
      Pico, you believe that Jesus is GOD?

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
        I don't need a dissertation on it, I already expressed my opinion on organized religion.

I'm more curious as to what atheists like you and piglet believe in. You guys always leave that part out.
        Actually since no one has ever asked I've never stated my beliefs.

While I don't believe in a "man in the sky" I'm not diametrically opposed to the idea. If someone can provide evidence or clear reasoning as to how it is the only possible explanation I would probably be a vocal theist. Since there is no evidence for or against I'm not going to claim I know the state of God's existence.

I'm a skeptic by nature, I like to question things. I believe religions (not a belief in God(s), the practices and dogma surrounding it) are extremely divisive and harmful as a whole. I would encourage a separation of church and state (and policy revolving around religious ideas, like Intelligent Design) but I would never want to abolish religion, it's a personal freedom I would never want to take from anyone.

My hope is that we are able to cast aside religious bickering and oppression with religious justifications. I realize there are many moderates like myself on the theist side as well, it's just the vocal minority on both sides of the issue who seem to want to **** everything up. Hell, I only get one shot while I'm here and I don't think "there's no consequences, I can do whatever I want", I prefer to make my time with the people I meet actually worthwhile.

The point of my dissertation was to counterpoint the notion that atheism leads to no morality easier than theists implied in your post. Wasn't trying to lecture you.

Comment

Wasn't my intention no, no.

I'm not an Atheist I just believe in a right hand path system.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
          Last edited by Run; 10-08-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Pico, you believe that Jesus is GOD?
            yea i believe jesus was the son of god, and in his teachings..

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
              Wasn't my intention no, no.

I'm not an Atheist I'm just believe in a right hand path system.
              haha hold your horses man I'm not saying that was your intention, im telling you i'm just waiting for some one to come up with a good argument against god...

that was like my side conversation...

Comment

yea i believe jesus was the son of god, and in his teachings..
                Not GOD in the flesh? Only asking...

Comment

Ain't that the Old Testament?
                  It's from Exodus, which is found in the Hebrew Bible and Christian Old Testament...

It's a passage found in both the King James Version and the New International Version which I own a copy of each. Those are easily the two most owned versions of the bible.

Comment

Not GOD in the flesh? Only asking...
                    thats a hard question, im still on the fence about it.

Comment

haha hold your horses man I'm not saying that was your intention, im telling you i'm just waiting for some one to come up with a good argument against god...

that was like my side conversation...
                      Yeah. I do think a God exists of sorts.

Or whatever seeded all of our surroundings. It had to have been orderly and used some sort of conscious methodology in doing so.

I'll never, ever, believe life was an accident.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X