Depression

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barry big balz View Post
    What do they do for you? what effects?
    Make me not slit my wrist while taking a hot bath.

Comment

literally just a minute ago i found a cure.
      i just tried this, it made me smile. it will work, and u can do it as often as u like.

stolen from the best joke website in the world - sikipedia:

So here's how to start each day with a positive outlook ...
      1.Open a new file on your computer.
      2.Name it "Katie Price".
      3.Send it to the recycle bin.
      4.Empty the recycle bin.
      5.Your PC will ask: "Do you really want to get rid of Katie Price?"
      6.Firmly click yes.
      7.Hey presto. I bet you feel better already.

Comment

We all get depressed from time to time, that's just a fact of life.

You either acknowledge it, and try to correct the problem. Or you deny you even have one and get worse.

A few simple things that have been suggested in this thread would work wonders ; mainly exercise and a steady schedule. (No more sleeping 10+ hours a day ; that **** just drains you even more and puts you into an even worse state of mind.)

Apart from that you just have to be thankful for what you have, and try to enjoy the good times.

Have a drink every now and then, smoke some weed, go out and fuck a ***** you never even met, watch a good movie, do **** based around your own intrests, etc....

Most of all you have to be thankful for what you have ; even if it ain't ****.

Most of my life I never had a pot to piss in, and I was homeless for the first time at an age when most children are learning how to fingerpaint.

But I was at least thankful for the fact that I had something of a roof over my head, even if it was a ****ty drop top with a couple of holes in it.

No matter who you are, or what your lot in life is ; there's at least a hundred thousand people out there that got it worse than you do.

Man the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
          What's the cure?

There is a huge difference between feeling depressed and real depression.

If you're just feeling depressed, stop being a little *****. Go out and get some *****. You'll be just fine.

If you think you may have a real depression, as in feeling broken, isolating yourself, crying all the time, not wanting to do anything or even considering suicide. Then you need to get help as soon as possible.

Cause thats some serious **** and waiting for it to go away isn't a good idea.
          Last edited by Equilibrium; 10-08-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            We all get depressed from time to time, that's just a fact of life.

You either acknowledge it, and try to correct the problem. Or you deny you even have one and get worse.

A few simple things that have been suggested in this thread would work wonders ; mainly exercise and a steady schedule. (No more sleeping 10+ hours a day ; that **** just drains you even more and puts you into an even worse state of mind.)

Apart from that you just have to be thankful for what you have, and try to enjoy the good times.

Have a drink every now and then, smoke some weed, go out and fuck a ***** you never even met, watch a good movie, do **** based around your own intrests, etc....

Most of all you have to be thankful for what you have ; even if it ain't ****.

Most of my life I never had a pot to piss in, and I was homeless for the first time at an age when most children are learning how to fingerpaint.

But I was at least thankful for the fact that I had something of a roof over my head, even if it was a ****ty drop top with a couple of holes in it.

No matter who you are, or what your lot in life is ; there's at least a hundred thousand people out there that got it worse than you do.

Man the fuck up.
            Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about. It can get people hurt.

What is Clinical Depression?
            When we refer to depression in the following pages, we are talking about "clinical depression." Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Individuals with clinical depression are unable to function as they used to. Often they have lost interest in activities that were once enjoyable to them, and feel sad and hopeless for extended periods of time. Clinical depression is not the same as feeling sad or depressed for a few days and then feeling better. It can affect your body, mood, thoughts, and behavior. It can change your eating habits, how you feel and think, your ability to work and study, and how you interact with people. People who suffer from clinical depression often report that they "don't feel like themselves anymore."

Clinical depression is not a sign of personal weakness, or a condition that can be willed away. Clinically depressed people cannot "pull themselves together" and get better. In fact, clinical depression often interferes with a person's ability or wish to get help. Clinical depression is a serious illness that lasts for weeks, months and sometimes years. It may even influence someone to contemplate or attempt suicide.

People of all ages, genders, ethnicities, cultures, and religions can suffer from clinical depression. Each year it affects over 17 million American men and women (source: American Psychiatric Association). While clinical depression is common, it is frequently unrecognized and untreated.

There are different types and levels of clinical depression. Mental health counselors and psychiatrists are trained to diagnose and treat clinical depression. With the right treatment, most people who seek help get better within several months. Many people begin to feel better in just a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychо View Post
              Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about. It can get people hurt.
              Motherfucker ; you don't know the half of it.

Comment

Motherfucker ; you don't know the half of it.
                My Mum said she would kick me out when I turn 16 and she wasn't lying, she kicked me out on my birthday. Sure that was depressing, but it didn't make me clinically depressed. That happened after the 3rd time she took me in and kicked me out. That's after saying she would never do it again.

Comment

My Mum said she would kick me out when I turn 16 and she wasn't lying, she kicked me out on my birthday. Sure that was depressing, but it didn't make me clinically depressed. That happened after the 3rd time she took me in and kicked me out. That's after saying she would never do it again.
                  That sucks, my dude.

If anybody can relate ; it's me.

I was homeless for the first time at the age of 5, then again when I was 7, once more when I was 12, and finally the last time when I was 15.

Homelessness ain't no joke, man.

I don't think anybody can truly appreciate the value of a roof over their head until they're taken a "shower" in a gas station restroom sink, and then crawled up under a freeway for a night's rest.

Comment

That sucks, my dude.

If anybody can relate ; it's me.

I was homeless for the first time at the age of 5, then again when I was 7, once more when I was 12, and finally the last time when I was 15.

Homelessness ain't no joke, man.

I don't think anybody can truly appreciate the value of a roof over their head until they're taken a "shower" in a gas station restroom sink, and then crawled up under a freeway for a night's rest.
                    I slept in a friends garage.

Comment

Stop feeling sorry for yourself man,
                      by a fcukin man and grow up!
                      Hit the gym,
                      bang some bitches etc etc.

I was depressed for years,
                      I was in a car crash and had to quit boxing and playing soccer,
                      I couldnt workout cos I fcuked my legs and ribs up so I got fat and unfit for the first time in my whole life!
                      I started to take anti depressants I got off the street and to top it off my best friend died,
                      My mom got cancer and my long term girlfriend dumped me cos she couldnt cope with the stress,
                      I ended up in rehab cos I got addicted to xanax, zimovane, valium etc etc.
                      Which I was buying of the streets.....
                      I was 20 at the time,
                      im 21 now, clean from all the ****.......
                      In the gym everyday, boxing 4days a week (and beating the **** out of people, playing football 3days a week.......
                      And I feel great im also back with my gf too......

I know how you feel and it feels like there is no end in this **** but there is.
                      You need to just snap out of it,
                      I know it sounds like crap and useless but trust me it is the best way.....

Look in the mirror gather the strength and just do it,
                      Your still just a kid man......
                      You have your whole life ahead

Comment

Working...
                      X