Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investments in the US really suck now. It may come crashing down soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investments in the US really suck now. It may come crashing down soon.

A few years ago real estate was reasonable and interest rates were low. Now interest rates are much higher and so are real estate prices.

Stock prices are high with too much risk. You can find 5% money market rates on any street corner. Why be in stocks?

Yet my fellow Americans continue to buy these.

I am holding out though. I believe reversion to the mean will prevail.

The stock market is tough to call, because 50% of Americans offer nothing, or very little to it.

But the USA standing, its massive debt, crippping inflation, and domestic internal debt ( Credit cards ) , I think limitation of high paying jobs via AI will make future investment very tricky.

Investing in items such as live stock ( everyone needs for food, and clothing ), private security and gun making companies, and if you like to gamble nanotechnology are my best bets.

Comment

Yeah money market or cd or savings that offers 5% interest rate per year is a good, safe investment currently..

There is also investment called annuity that tracks the stock market but with lower interest rate. The advantage is it's 0% interest instead of negative if the stock market is down for the year..

Comment

Impossible to predict, 2023 has actually been a very good year (I'm up over 15%), so I'm glad I didn't bail out at the end of 2022. That said, I wish I had sat out 2022, I'd be substantially richer than I am now.

What to do??
        club fighter club fighter likes this.

Comment

Morgan Stanley has a target of 4500 on the SP 500 for late 2024. Goldman Sachs has a target of 4700 for late 2024. The SP 500 was at 4514 Friday. These firms control a massive amount of money. They never advise to sell stock because it would crash the markets. The 30 day US T-bill has a annual return of 5.35%.

All the big money is on the sidelines for lower prices. Why risk when you have over 5% no risk. Let the other guys take the risk.​

Comment

I'm not seeing it that way, there are some stocks that are in the triple digit growth %, if you know where to look. There's always risk but I don't see the gloom & doom like you. My % is in the low teens right now and 2023 was pretty good for a lot of tech & Nasdaq aligned stocks & mutuals.

Comment

Originally posted by 15round View Post
              Morgan Stanley has a target of 4500 on the SP 500 for late 2024. Goldman Sachs has a target of 4700 for late 2024. The SP 500 was at 4514 Friday. These firms control a massive amount of money. They never advise to sell stock because it would crash the markets. The 30 day US T-bill has a annual return of 5.35%.

All the big money is on the sidelines for lower prices. Why risk when you have over 5% no risk. Let the other guys take the risk.​
              5% barely covers inflation and then after tax maybe not even that. It's safe but don't fool yourself into believing you're building any wealth.

but yes, to build wealth, risk is involved.

Comment

You can hope for the crash and buy everything you want at a discount. Regardless of what people say about crypto I did well with it and its because I'm not over managing assets. Its a boring game of holding, buying, selling at the right times mostly waiting though.

Comment

I’m losing money regardless

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

5% barely covers inflation and then after tax maybe not even that. It's safe but don't fool yourself into believing you're building any wealth.

but yes, to build wealth, risk is involved.
                    That 5% is the idea to just break even until the economy gets better. Stocks have not priced in a recession or even a slowdown which is why the big money is holding out for better valuations. This is not a period of wealth building, rather a period of wealth preservation.

jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X