Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think other countries can't have Speaker's Corner like they have in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think other countries can't have Speaker's Corner like they have in the UK?

Is it because people in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are too victimized by this political correctness thing?

You might think that they're too dangerous to establish with visions of violence erupting constantly.

The UK have gone past that. And it's working. Working means people from all walks of life are able to discuss their differences freely in a public park, dig out facts from the past, what's made up and what it not, what is fabricated, you name it without resorting to violence.

Isn't it more dangerous when people are not talking, calm before the storm, volcanoes about to erupt because pent up anger is built up inside?

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
    Is it because people in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are too victimized by this political correctness thing?

You might think that they're too dangerous to establish with visions of violence erupting constantly.

The UK have gone past that. And it's working. Working means people from all walks of life are able to discuss their differences freely in a public park, dig out facts from the past, what's made up and what it not, what is fabricated, you name it without resorting to violence.

Isn't it more dangerous when people are not talking, calm before the storm, volcanoes about to erupt because pent up anger is built up inside?

dayuum you my guy

I like speakers corner I like varying opinions to get to really serious topics

voices of dissent get silenced

I like my beliefs challenged

Guys get written off or attacked by simpleton peopjd

Comment

Im a UC Berkeley guy

I first heard about Mandela and other people who took stand against indigenous peoples

I gotta admit I thought Asian guys and black guys lived to serve me

Rude awakening a film “brother from another planet” woke me

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post

Canada had speakers corner. Did you even do your research before?

https://toronto.citynews.ca/speakerscorner/

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Canada had speakers corner. Did you even do your research before?

https://toronto.citynews.ca/speakerscorner/
          Nah, Canadians are still too scared to discuss topics about religion. Other people's feelings might get hurt.

But many truths hurt. These countries are taking a short term solution.

Comment

i dont know too much about speakers corner but i certainly wouldnt say we have free speech here, we have all the 'trans rights' 'BLM' stuff as everyone else does, people can and have got in a lot of trouble for commenting on them issues

Comment

I got guns they speak for me!

I think asking for reparations from the power elite ain’t going to fly

I’m agaireparations for anyone

the sins of my fathers are my burden

loking out for my mexicsn people I do

our lands were stoken treaties broken

Affirmative Actin was bull chit

Native American people got shafted

I guess they get more attention if the stole stuff in Beverly Hills

i want the us give give Mexico back stoken lands

Comment

I did not Know Canada (controlled by the power in Washington)

I think that blm or pop caca are the same thing or thizang
                reducing down to clowns

Bjden will forgive or attempt to forgive debts

ill File a lawsuit to get retroactively my tuition

I want UC regents pay me for discrimination Jews and Asians got rejected to let in unqualified people

Comment

us brits love a good whinge

Comment

Some fools think their always right
                    I like discussing options.

mh favorite guy is a Christian dude from India

Comment

Working...
                    X