Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe any of the 9/11 conspiracy theories?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
    You're a total nihilist bro, and in many ways I totally understand, but I"m not ready to give up my optimism and idealism just yet.

Plus you love JMM as much as me so I can't fuk with that.

In any case, I agree, these are times where booze definitely helps.
    None of it really matters anyway.

The reality of it is this ; whatever you believe becomes your own reality.

I do not believe in this conspiracy, and that is my reality.

You guys do, and that is yours.

Simple as that.

And I LOL'd @ the Nihilist reference because I'm watching "The Big Lebowski" as I type this.

JMM = Godly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
      I don't know bout all them conspiracies but I don't think we've been told everything...

I jus find it hard to believe a bunch of guys hijack a plane with boxcutters and the people don't fight back

I wonder if you can fly a plane that well with little training...

And at the Pentagon, where was all the plane remains?
      1.) Never underestimate the cowardice of most human beings.

and

2.) My friend's father got his piloting credentials with just 10 hours in the air behind the controls.

He was Army though, not sure if there's a different standard there or not.

Comment

• No, I think conspiracy theories are ****. These ****s really did hit our beloved twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Simple as that.

And I LOL'd @ the Nihilist reference because I'm watching "The Big Lebowski" as I type this.

JMM = Godly.
          If I could ever become 1/4 of the man JMM is I would consider my life an absolute success.

The dude is unreal.

Comment

If I could ever become 1/4 of the man JMM is I would consider my life an absolute success.

The dude is unreal.
            JMM would've prevented 9/11 if he weren't already busy saving orphans from starvation in North Korea and Africa......at the same time.

Comment

Simple as that.

JMM = Godly.
              This part I have trouble with. This is the essence of post modern academic theory.

The notion that perception = reality. I don't buy it and don't think I ever will because its a contradiction.

This doctrine allows for evils to be justifiable because they are "a matter of perception".

Just because you "believe" that 1000 needles in your eyes is "ok" doesn't make it so, since you will feel excruciating pain and lose your eyesight.

Its a self delusion on par with insanity.

Its no surprise that this is the prevailing way of thought since post modernist philosophical thought took over academia in the late 60's.

Once you get into the realm of post modernism, nothing is out of bounds and everything plays.

In this regard, its no wonder the standard of living in the U.S has declined by 60% since the 60's and why the standards of people in general have dropped completely.

In the words of Nietzsche: "when god is dead, nothing is forbidden."

That isn't to say, I'm religious, but the notion of "god being dead" opens up the floodgates for opportunism and evil and justifies it under the cover of philosophical discovery.

Comment

This part I have trouble with. This is the essence of post modern academic theory.

The notion that perception = reality. I don't buy it and don't think I ever will because its a contradiction.

This doctrine allows for evils to be justifiable because they are "a matter of perception".

Just because you "believe" that 1000 needles in your eyes is "ok" doesn't make it so, since you will feel excruciating pain and lose your eyesight.

Its no surprise that this is the prevailing way of thought since post modernist philosophical thought took over academia in the late 60's.

Once you get into the realm of post modernism, nothing is out of bounds and everything plays.

In this regard, its no wonder the standard of living in the U.S has declined by 60% since the 60's and why the standards of people in general have dropped completely.

That isn't to say, I'm religious, but the notion of "god being dead" opens up the floodgates for opportunism and evil and justifies it under the cover of philosophical discovery.
                Dap it is Saturday, and Posh spice couldn't carry scary spices thong.

Comment

You make some interesting counterpoints but perception is reality, and it is said to be so for a reason.

I'll take what you said just the other night as an example ; your view that abortion clinic bombers are "doing god's work".

That's only your perception. Yet you feel it is valid.

Going by that and your Nietzsche quote ; I would say you are a very Religious person, probably in line with the Christian Conservative base.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

You make some interesting counterpoints but perception is reality, and it is said to be so for a reason.

I'll take what you said just the other night as an example ; your view that abortion clinic bombers are "doing god's work".

That's only your perception. Yet you feel it is valid.

Going by that and your Nietzsche quote ; I would say you are a very Religious person, probably in line with the Christian Conservative base.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
                    I said that as a rhetorical example of perception.

And.

I use Nietzche's quote as an annecdotal example of post modern thought.

Nietzche knew damn well what he was doing when he wrote that. He knew that morality and ethics, (whether correctly or wrongly) is rooted in religion.

I happen to think you can be moral and ethical without ascribing to god and organized religion, but Nietzche was smart enough to know that a declaration of "god" being dead meant that there was a possibility that eventually the masses would disown morality and ethics because "god" is for lack of a better word, "square", lol and thus, buy extension disown the petty notion of "god" in an organized religion sense.

In that regard, what he did was very useful, but on the flipside it also created a swath of amoral anarchist jackasses that have no moral or ethical bearing whatsoever, which is a dangerous place to be as a society.

The reason I love JMM is precisely this. The fact that he is an obviously ethical and moral person, whether its because of religion or his parents upbringing of him is irrelevant to me.

He is the kind of man I would entrust my children(if I had any) and friendship to.

Comment

• You also dont quesiton his twenty points. WTF Charlie Sheen is all you can say.
                      As arguments from authority go this one is spectacularly weak. As for his 20 points, I don't know what they are and I don't care to sit through a ten minute video to find out. Perhaps you could list them.

8 year olds dude.

I thought that was Alexai Savrasov...

Comment

Working...
                      X