Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the best gaming system of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best gaming system of all time?

Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, Xbox.....

Considering the impact it had during the time, quality of games, and nostalgia, which system was the ATG best?

I will have to go with Super Nintendo for the #2.

But I imo the best system of all time was the PS2. The Library of quality games was unmatched.

I would say NES and Sega Genesis due to nostalgia but technically, Sega Dreamcast was top quality and very underrated. Too bad they got killed by Playstation.

Newer is better though and Xbox Series X is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Playstation, Xbox.....

Considering the impact it had during the time, quality of games, and nostalgia, which system was the ATG best?

I will have to go with Super Nintendo for the #2.

But I imo the best system of all time was the PS2. The Library of quality games was unmatched.
      I agree. Shyt I remember the PS2 was way ahead of its time in that it can play DVD also! Probably was what made it so popular.

Comment

I had a Tandy TRS-80. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

I agree. Shyt I remember the PS2 was way ahead of its time in that it can play DVD also! Probably was what made it so popular.
          The GTA games, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, fight night, the smackdown games I can go on. And like you said being able to play DVDs.

And also the controller and the convenience of the console.

Comment

The SNES rocked. Loved that

Comment

Difficult to be un-biased across the timelines and fairly judge the technologies for their time.

I'm most nostalgic for the Sega Mega Drive. Seemed to have a better arcade feel than the Super Nintendo overall.

Comment

All the systems I've had( in order)

Atari
                Sega Master system
                Nintendo
                Genesis
                Super Nintendo
                PS1
                PS2
                3DO
                Xbox
                Xbox 360
                Xbox 1
                Xbox series X

If I could pick the one I had the most fun on, the PS1 was a f**kin blast.

Comment

Sega Dreamcast

It's the console that resisted death most. from 02 to 22 the Dreamcast never stopped getting third party support. Might be cool now and damn near any console these days can get a new game, especially NES and GBC given they have NESMaker and GBStudio, but all that means to Dreamcast is all the other retro consoles are starting to get the same love the Dreamcast has always had.

It's retro but is has a 20 year head start ahead the retro craze and its library and tools today show that. Every spiffy new NES game, also a Dreamcast game. We've had the porting made easy since like 06. It's like that. The other consoles are so far behind in development it means as devs produce for them they unwittingly producing for Dreamcast as well.

Was not long ago I ported a new Amiga game that had just released to Dreamcast. Because I could. I don't think anything else has a development scene like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Sega Dreamcast

It's the console that resisted death most. from 02 to 22 the Dreamcast never stopped getting third party support. Might be cool now and damn near any console these days can get a new game, especially NES and GBC given they have NESMaker and GBStudio, but all that means to Dreamcast is all the other retro consoles are starting to get the same love the Dreamcast has always had.

It's retro but is has a 20 year head start ahead the retro craze and its library and tools today show that. Every spiffy new NES game, also a Dreamcast game. We've had the porting made easy since like 06. It's like that. The other consoles are so far behind in development it means as devs produce for them they unwittingly producing for Dreamcast as well.

Was not long ago I ported a new Amiga game that had just released to Dreamcast. Because I could. I don't think anything else has a development scene like that.

I read a while ago that the original XBOX was basically the Dreamcast 2 but with a microsoft stamp on it. That true?

Comment

Working...
                    X