No announcement yet.

**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
    I'm also talking about the team that made a near comeback and scored on 4 straight drives in less than a quarter against the best defense in the NFL.

While just a few weeks ago you struggled to score 17 points against the worst team in the NFL. Patriots have already beaten Denver anyway and Brady shredded your defense.
    Uhuh. Early in the season. And Pats almost managed to lose too.

You can cite bunches of examples for the Pats playing badly. Losing to Cardinals. Giving up 26 points to the Jets who don't even know what the end zone looks like. 31 to the Bills. 31 to the Ravens. 41 to San Francisco. Trying to lose to Jacksonville everyway possible last week.

At *this point* in the season arguing the Patriots defense is anywhere near as good as Broncos is pretty out there. Broncos clearly have the better defense.

Brady can't win another Superbowl, he's incapable of doing it. Ever since 2005 he has chocked in the playoffs, either early or later.

I mean come on it wasn't a mystery you were going to make the playoffs either, not because of Manning but because of the AFC west. Denver winning the west is like Usain Bolt beating Stephen Hawkins in a footrace. Although I will admit that the AFC East isn't exactly competitive this year either.
    I wouldn't start stacking records side by side. After the Pats beat the Colts 59-24 I thought they were to form, but they've proven the opposite on the body of work since then. They are going into the playoffs playing below level.

But I think we've played and beaten better teams including Houston and Denver, if it weren't for ******ed Zebra's we'd have beaten the Ravens and Stevan Ridley wasn't such a phaggot fumbler we probably would have beaten the Niners too.
    No. Pats deserved to lose both those games and they lost them.

Are you serious on the schedules? Broncos have a better strength of schedule.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

New England has the worst opposing record win % schedule, Broncos have the 2nd highest. Broncos only 3 losses were to Atlanta 13-3, Texans 12-4, New England 12-4 and all the games were close and all losses early on. Before the Offense and Defense really got on a roll and Peyton Manning got back into routine.

We have a balanced offense for the first time since Corey Dillion and it's ranked #1. I'm not sure how being the #1 ranked offense doesn't scare anyone.
    Because their defense is ranked in the mid 20s. Total Yards given up is #27. And The Broncos have the #2/#3 offense and one of the best defenses in the League.

It's a bit much to say "It's Fact" when New England lost (and could have lost even a few more games) games to teams they should have beat. Everyone gives them respect, nobody gives the forgone conclusion.

They were 18-0. Remember that forgone conclusion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stromprophet View Post
      Uhuh. Early in the season. And Pats almost managed to lose too.
      Early in the season. Jesus christ. It's like a broken record with Bronco fans and Peyton Manning apologists.

But yet you find it poignant to reference a Patriots loss to the Cardinals.
      You can cite bunches of examples for the Pats playing badly.
      Just as you can for the Broncos

At *this point* in the season arguing the Patriots defense is anywhere near as good as Broncos is pretty out there. Broncos clearly have the better defense.
      Playing better defense is easy to do when you're playing garbage football teams like the Broncos are. Playing the Raiders, Cheifs and Chargers twice this season, the Browns etc. The only decent team they've beaten during their streak is the Ravens and they are terrible right now. All of the best teams they've played, they've lost to. You can point to early in the season bs all you want.

Brady can't win another Superbowl, he's incapable of doing it. Ever since 2005 he has chocked in the playoffs, either early or later.
      yeah it has nothing to do with their defense these last 3 seasons.

I wouldn't start stacking records side by side. After the Pats beat the Colts 59-24 I thought they were to form, but they've proven the opposite on the body of work since then. They are going into the playoffs playing below level.
      yeah they didn't blow out the Texans. Something Peyton is incapable of doing. They didn't score 4 straight touchdowns against the best defense in football. They didn't just completely dominate and shutout the Dolphins today.

Are you serious on the schedules? Broncos have a better strength of schedule.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule
      Strength of schedule is based off of how good these teams were last season. These schedules are released before the end of the season. It's not like teams are allowed to get better or worse in the offseason.

New England has the worst opposing record win % schedule, Broncos have the 2nd highest. Broncos only 3 losses were to Atlanta 13-3, Texans 12-4, New England 12-4 and all the games were close and all losses early on. Before the Offense and Defense really got on a roll and Peyton Manning got back into routine.
      *Yawn*

Because their defense is ranked in the mid 20s. Total Yards given up is #27. And The Broncos have the #2/#3 offense and one of the best defenses in the League.
      In points allowed, the Patriots defense is ranked 9th and that's really all that matters. Not yards

It's a bit much to say "It's Fact" when New England lost (and could have lost even a few more games) games to teams they should have beat. Everyone gives them respect, nobody gives the forgone conclusion.
      Says the guy making excuses for Peyton playing like shyt against good squads early. You have even more excuses for your team than I do.
      Last edited by TheNegation; 12-31-2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Niners thread *** wads................

I say bring on GreenBay.....then I want Seattle for the NFC championship...then get the Broncos' for the whole enchilada.....true story!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          Niners thread *** wads................

I say bring on GreenBay.....then I want Seattle for the NFC championship...then get the Broncos' for the whole enchilada.....true story!!!!
          very well said...very well said...

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            very well said...very well said...
            I want revenge vs Seattle.....that last beatdown just didn't sit well with me...just sayin......hope J Smith gets back soon though....we need him bad

Comment

I want revenge vs Seattle.....that last beatdown just didn't sit well with me...just sayin......hope J Smith gets back soon though....we need him bad
              I have a feeling the Redskins are taking Seattle out.

Comment

I have a feeling the Redskins are taking Seattle out.
                It could happen RGIII is no joke.......

Comment

Seattle is unstoppable at home but on the road they are beatable..RGIII wins this rookie battle.

Comment

Seattle is unstoppable at home but on the road they are beatable..RGIII wins this rookie battle.
                    umm dunno bout "unstopple" but they are really good for sure.....I think not having the Smith Bros in full effect hurt us in that game......

Comment

Yeah, but he's a cornball brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X