• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
    Read 1984 by George Orwell
    Sounds familiar. what's it about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Sounds familiar. what's it about?
      Nineteen Eighty-Four, often published as 1984, is a dystopian novel published in 1949 by English author George Orwell.[2][3] The novel is set in the year 1984 when most of the world population have become victims of perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance and public manipulation.

In the novel, Great Britain ("Airstrip One") has become a province of a superstate named Oceania. Oceania is ruled by the "Party", who employ the "Thought Police" to persecute individualism and independent thinking.[4] The Party's leader is Big Brother, who enjoys an intense cult of personality but may not even exist. The protagonist of the novel, Winston Smith, is a rank-and-file Party member. Smith is an outwardly diligent and skillful worker, but he secretly hates the Party and dreams of rebellion against Big Brother. Smith rebels by entering a forbidden relationship with fellow employee Julia.

As literary political fiction and dystopian science-fiction, Nineteen Eighty-Four is a classic novel in content, plot, and style. Many of its terms and concepts, such as Big Brother, doublethink, thoughtcrime, Newspeak, Room 101, telescreen, 2 + 2 = 5, and memory hole, have entered into common usage since its publication in 1949. Nineteen Eighty-Four popularised the adjective Orwellian, which describes official deception, secret surveillance, brazenly misleading terminology, and manipulation of recorded history by a totalitarian or authoritarian state. In 2005, the novel was chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005.[5] It was awarded a place on both lists of Modern Library 100 Best Novels, reaching number 13 on the editor's list, and 6 on the readers' list.[6] In 2003, the novel was listed at number 8 on the BBC's survey The Big Read.[7]

Comment

• Got some more tests done, all I have is Esophagitis (inflammation). No cancer.

I haven't had a drink in over three weeks and it looks like I won't be drinking again until at least my meds are all done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Got some more tests done, all I have is Esophagitis (inflammation). No cancer.

I haven't had a drink in over three weeks and it looks like I won't be drinking again until at least my meds are all done.
          You should be more concerned with HIV in the throat, black cock-sucker.

Comment

Got some more tests done, all I have is Esophagitis (inflammation). No cancer.

Put a cotton swab to the back of your tongue, take a mucos sample, isolate a cell, put it under a high powered microscope and I bet you see some shit, look like a baby octopus inside of each cell wall making its way to the nucleus. You will also find that some cells were already altered.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
              You should be more concerned with HIV in the throat, black cock-sucker.
              Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
              Put a cotton swab to the back of your tongue, take a mucos sample, isolate a cell, put it under a high powered microscope and I bet you see some shit, look like a baby octopus inside of each cell wall making its way to the nucleus. You will also find that some cells were already altered.
              Don't ever post this crap in my thread again, rekcol eht no drow.

Comment

Don't ever post this crap in my thread again, rekcol eht no drow.
                Use the cute reverse feature on a sentence structured in ape.

Comment

• Can't do it. Either that
                  , or really just afraid like a etihw hctib.

Comment

• Yesterday. All my troubles seemed so far away.

Then, I bumped into a crazy chick in a shady bar.

After making out with her a bit, while spending too much money on round after round for the table, as she was rubbing my cock through the outside of my pants, she dragged me into a bathroom and I hit that shit raw dog.

I might've bailed, but instead I didn't bail.

Then, some guy showed up, and saw me sitting with what he thought is his girl.

The conversation didn't last long. It isn't as though I understand much Chinese, to begin with.

Next thing I know, I'm standing in the street across this guy and it's time to throw down.

I have a bruise on my forehead from his first punch. It was his only punch, I beat him to a pulp.

No one bothered to jump in on his behalf, or to try to restrain me. I stepped off of him on my own accord.

That wasn't the first time this has happened; at some point it impresses on you, oh wait a second, the risk is past, and now I'm essentially beating up a dead horse.

The bystanders waved down the first taxi, and told me to get the fuck home before the police showed up, and I obliged.

But not before I tried to take the girl with me. I tried to get her into the first taxi, she didn't want to come, and the taxi driver got tired of it and drove off. So for the second taxi, I just said goodbye and didn't try to bring the girl.

What can I say.

The Drunken Cat back at it.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 08-09-2018, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
                      Can't do it. Either that
                      , or really just afraid like a etihw hctib.
                      Manor Grove is expensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X