No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    What fulfillment will money give you? What is it that money will provide? Freedom? Material possessions? Power?

How much money would you consider rich?
    The main goal is to become the richest person on boxingscene.

Really, I'm just trying to maintain my independents.

Now that I'm in my 30s I have to worry about things like retirement, so I'm taking a few years out to save.

Just as a random number example, take $70,000 in new-issue 30-year corporate bonds, with a 7% annual return rate, purchased at age 35.

When you are 65, they'll be worth $532,857.85.

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

So, I'm working on buying some bonds.

Once I'm able to retire by 35, I'll go back to school and take out a bunch of loans (actually there's where the bond money comes from. The equivalent cash I've saved up is still in my back pocket.)

Using the bonds as collateral, I'll get additional financing for real estate and other business activity. It's a big snowball.

Comment

• Just bought my bottle. A couple friends are coming over later to smoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Faggot Lang
        you will be in Derranged's shadow for life

Comment

• kopparberg pear

Comment

• Drunk and stoned. Facks sake...

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
              The main goal is to become the richest person on boxingscene.

Really, I'm just trying to maintain my independents.

Now that I'm in my 30s I have to worry about things like retirement, so I'm taking a few years out to save.

Just as a random number example, take $70,000 in new-issue 30-year corporate bonds, with a 7% annual return rate, purchased at age 35.

When you are 65, they'll be worth $532,857.85.

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

So, I'm working on buying some bonds.

Once I'm able to retire by 35, I'll go back to school and take out a bunch of loans (actually there's where the bond money comes from. The equivalent cash I've saved up is still in my back pocket.)

Using the bonds as collateral, I'll get additional financing for real estate and other business activity. It's a big snowball.
              This plan sounds haphazard at best. First off, where are you going find 30 year bonds that pay 7%? Bond rates are very low and you pay taxes on the interest you earn every year. Bonds are also not as liquid as stocks.

If you do find a corporate bond that is paying 7% it's likely that it has a junk bond rating and is a riskier investment.

Comment

This plan sounds haphazard at best. First off, where are you going find 30 year bonds that pay 7%? Bond rates are very low and you pay taxes on the interest you earn every year. Bonds are also not as liquid as stocks.

If you do find a corporate bond that is paying 7% it's likely that it has a junk bond rating and is a riskier investment.
                It's all hypothetical, so far as the numbers and even the qualitative mix of assets, investments and financing. The point is financial planning and management; and most especially the magic of compound interest (which you must make serve you, rather than serve your enemies, like the private banks).

Comment

• I got stung by like at least 4-5 hornets today....

Comment

I haven't worked out all the numbers or any real scenarios, but for bonds, a key aspect is getting new issue corporate bonds, preferably shielded (Roth IRA--I haven't actually looked up how to do this stuff, I just understand finance).

Going in with cash in your back pocket is key. It's like operating cash.

I'll also keep working the hole time, but hopefully increasingly self-employed.

Student loans involve basically oneself as collateral. You can buy bonds, and not have interest while in school.

I have more to learn. Like math and CS (profitable things).

The bonds are good for collateral too.

Plus, I've been buying stocks.

Look up SPXL, for one.

Keep expanding.

Comment

• Twisted.

Looking through old photos. **** what ive been through.

Comment

Working...
                      X