• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    You piece of crap.
    Haha sorry man, it was too easy

Comment

Lad, I really think you should slow down. I know you're young and I hate to be a buzzkill but I'm ten years older. I regret the amount of alcohol I've consumed. Had fun times but plenty of dark ones also. I can't even imagine how much money I've spent on it. You when someone says pace yourself you have all night? Well you have a lot of life left to live.

I plan on doing that in September. And by slow down, I mean drinking maybe every other weekend for starters, perhaps work my way from there. When football season is over I'm cutting it out entirely until Easter. Even though for the past 9 years I've mostly just been binging on the weekends, I've read that even that much could do damage. When I get the courage I'm going to get my liver examined. If I have even so much as a "fatty" liver, I'm quitting drinking entirely until my liver is repaired. Maybe even for good.

That said, I was fuckin ripped last night. I met my friends in Queens and we started drinking at about 3:00pm at his place. Then we hit a bar and drank whiskey and a bunch of beer. The bartender was kind of cute and clearly pretending to be interested in me just to get a good tip. At the end of the night, I gave her my number anyway. Before we left, she suggested we try something called "Angry Balls" (no ****). That's like an Irish carbomb, only with Angry Orchard Cider and Fireball. Ugh, not that good. My friend and I drained two of them.

On my way home I was drinking tallboys of Ballantine. I was so wrecked that it took me like two hours just to get to Manhattan because I kept getting on the wrong train. Well, that is I think I got on the right train, got off because I thought it was wrong, then on the wrong one and it just kept going on like that.
      I think you should stop drinking man, you do come across as you have a problem, im being serioues i like you derranged, you told me a while back you stopped drinking and you felt great and were going to keep off the drink, obv youve started at it again, and judgeing by your posts and advice to beer, i think your struggling to stop your self.

Ive drank everyday this week, thats because ive been off work and ive had **** all else to do, and i told my ghirl il be chilling and and drinking and she was fine with it. But the thing is with me, i can booze for a week non stop, then not touch a drop for 6 months, i have that will power, some people dont and ive seen plenty people coming from scotland struggle with alcohol, and you seem to fit that type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
        It's not that special, I know when I was a depressed strung out heroin addict I was always wishing someone would do something like that for me. Nobody did, but i just feel like thats how being a normal person is. We are meant to love each other, not bicker like everyone does. It's why even though I love this place, I hate it sometimes at the same time. I do have faith in humanity, but everyone tells me its gonna get me killed or in trouble, which makes me sad that people think that way but they may be right who knows. He's decent people, and until he proves me wrong I'm gonna do my best. He cooks pretty good too, helped the wifey make some bomb ass chicken.
        Good on you Rudyo

Comment

Lad, I really think you should slow down. I know you're young and I hate to be a buzzkill but I'm ten years older. I regret the amount of alcohol I've consumed. Had fun times but plenty of dark ones also. I can't even imagine how much money I've spent on it. You when someone says pace yourself you have all night? Well you have a lot of life left to live.

I plan on doing that in September. And by slow down, I mean drinking maybe every other weekend for starters, perhaps work my way from there. When football season is over I'm cutting it out entirely until Easter. Even though for the past 9 years I've mostly just been binging on the weekends, I've read that even that much could do damage. When I get the courage I'm going to get my liver examined. If I have even so much as a "fatty" liver, I'm quitting drinking entirely until my liver is repaired. Maybe even for good.

That said, I was fuckin ripped last night. I met my friends in Queens and we started drinking at about 3:00pm at his place. Then we hit a bar and drank whiskey and a bunch of beer. The bartender was kind of cute and clearly pretending to be interested in me just to get a good tip. At the end of the night, I gave her my number anyway. Before we left, she suggested we try something called "Angry Balls" (no ****). That's like an Irish carbomb, only with Angry Orchard Cider and Fireball. Ugh, not that good. My friend and I drained two of them.

On my way home I was drinking tallboys of Ballantine. I was so wrecked that it took me like two hours just to get to Manhattan because I kept getting on the wrong train. Well, that is I think I got on the right train, got off because I thought it was wrong, then on the wrong one and it just kept going on like that.

Thanks man, and I don't take it in a negative way.

I know I have a problem, it's cost me some relationships and lead to other troubles as well, I've been thinking about going on a detox for a long time. I find that when I stop drinking for maybe 2-3 days im really irritable.

I'm going light right now to be honest, she's drinking most of the Grey Goose.

Alcoholism sucks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
            I think you should stop drinking man, you do come across as you have a problem, im being serioues i like you derranged, you told me a while back you stopped drinking and you felt great and were going to keep off the drink, obv youve started at it again, and judgeing by your posts and advice to beer, i think your struggling to stop your self.

Ive drank everyday this week, thats because ive been off work and ive had **** all else to do, and i told my ghirl il be chilling and and drinking and she was fine with it. But the thing is with me, i can booze for a week non stop, then not touch a drop for 6 months, i have that will power, some people dont and ive seen plenty people coming from scotland struggle with alcohol, and you seem to fit that type.
            6 months? That's crazy. I could do one if I work hard enough.

Back in February I didn't stop completely I just drank once every other week. The reason I felt much better as you said was because in January I was drinking too much and having issues with severe anxiety. My problem is that when I have one drink I want 20. So either I drink or I don't. I cannot see myself quitting entirely but something has to be done.

Comment

• That's how I feel, if I have 1 I want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Thanks man, and I don't take it in a negative way.

I know I have a problem, it's cost me some relationships and lead to other troubles as well, I've been thinking about going on a detox for a long time. I find that when I stop drinking for maybe 2-3 days im really irritable.

I'm going light right now to be honest, she's drinking most of the Grey Goose.

Alcoholism sucks man.
                Yea it does. But as I say, if its already in your system, worry about it tomorrow.

Now I can't sleep for crap. Past few weeks my sleeping patterns have been awful.

Comment

Back in February I didn't stop completely I just drank once every other week. The reason I felt much better as you said was because in January I was drinking too much and having issues with severe anxiety. My problem is that when I have one drink I want 20. So either I drink or I don't. I cannot see myself quitting entirely but something has to be done.
                  That's precisely my problem which is why I do what you do, and don't even start most days because I know where it will lead. If I'm out eating a meal, I never drink with it. I'm at a point where I know I'm going to go off two days a week and I'm cool with that. All the other days I eat right and exercise so when I do have 16 Stella's and do coke, I don't feel so bad.

Comment

Yea it does. But as I say, if its already in your system, worry about it tomorrow.

Now I can't sleep for crap. Past few weeks my sleeping patterns have been awful.
                    Same here. I wake up every hour or so, barely feel like I ever slept.

Comment

yeah i could if i wanted, but i dont, what im saying is i have the will power to stop for as long as i want, i can control that, its down to me, ive drank for days without stopping been in some right states, but you get back up the next day when its time to get back to work and do your normal **** and i can do that fine, alot of people cant.

I know what you mean about having 1 drink and wanting 20 am the exact same, thats normal, but if your employed and in work, you should look at it is, after work mayby having just a few if your really in the mood for a couple, and leave the weekends when your off, to get hammered.

Its all about pacing yourself, work hard all week, and get smashed at the weekends, dont let alcohol take over your life.

Comment

Working...
                      X