Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately the timezone schedules are all ****ed up, but I just finnished a nice dinner of bento and tuna sashimi and now I'm on my second brew. About to hit 12am.

Comment

• On a side note, I had a strange run-in today.. strange as in I was slightly ashamed by it. Just to preface, I'm currently studying Political-Economy, and I have a background (undergraduate) principally in International Studies and International Economics, as well as History (Middle East in particular).

There's this girl at my University who I'd run into a few times but who I actually conversed with at length today for the first time. Although she's Asian, I'd been able to tell that she wasn't Japanese, and had actually assumed she was from China.

She asked my where I was from first, and I told her I was from the US. She then told me she was from Vietnam (for the record, this all occurred in Japanese).

She then mentioned that our countries have a history, and specifically mentioned the war.

I don't think she meant anything negative by it, but was rather just trying to clear the air, essentially. However as someone who has studied history rather extensively, who studies contemporary international political-economy (Vietnam remains an impoverished and troubled nation, and the devastation of the war is no small contributing factor), I couldn't help but to be struck by this.

We didn't dwell on this, and we talked for a while, and then studied at the library afterward until it closed. Still, that left an impression. For the record, I believe she is the first Vietnamese I have met.

These are the sorts of things I hate most about politics; that being the politics of war, as well as the real human costs (the two things, incidentally, as a rule being all but entirely detached).

Comment

• Well, I'm'bout to hit the hay, but I do know one thing, and that's if yall are at all like me, yall like studyin' a little bit of Chinese once you've been hittin' the bottle. Well, it jus' so happens to be that I've uncovered a mighty fine site for doin' so.

http://www.chinese-lessons.com/mandarin/pinyin/south_f/

Right here you can master all the pinyin pronunciation you might ever have a hankering for.

I bid yall farewell, gentleman. 'Till next time I decide to get drunk in my room for no good reason (read: probably tomorrow).

Comment

• any Limey's drinking yet.

Comment

• Get off my thread you racist old fart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Get off my thread you racist old fart.
              you drunk already amigo??

Comment

• No Im not drunk. Just bored with nothing to do.

Comment

No Im not drunk. Just bored with nothing to do.
                  im in the same boat

semester is over... im not picking up any extra work... just chilling

nothing good on TV, sick of gaming, briefly

damn, i feel like studying

Comment

• Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                    im in the same boat

semester is over... im not picking up any extra work... just chilling

nothing good on TV, sick of gaming, briefly

damn, i feel like studying
                    Thing is Im a hotdog vendor and them Pakis are runnin me outta business.

Comment

Thing is Im a hotdog vendor and them Pakis are runnin me outta business.
                      for real??? i had no idea...

like the little cart in the street?

isnt it still prime selling time?

Comment

Working...
                      X