Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a couple of shochus with barley tea and watching some torrented basketball. I actually have to go to my lab and work in a little bit, but might as well enjoy my Saturday afternoon a little first. I'll probably be hitting my whiskey bottle a little and catching up on some boxing and MMA in the lab as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I carry both for just the fights. I was spoiled for years, I had the full boat(All channels) from DTV and also nearly everything on cable too. We had two business in the home so the tv's and much of the programing was a tax write off. But business slowed down in 2011 and I had to cut most of DTV except a sports package. I still carry the full HBO, Showtime and EPIX packages on cable for boxing. Gotta have my boxing.
      I miss watching fights on TV instead of just streaming and downloading. Nothing like laying back on the couch with a beer and watching some live boxing on premium cable. At least I can catch Japanese boxing here, not the same but it's something I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        I miss watching fights on TV instead of just streaming and downloading. Nothing like laying back on the couch with a beer and watching some live boxing on premium cable. At least I can catch Japanese boxing here, not the same but it's something I guess.
        Thats still good, do you understand Japanese? There's alot of good boxers there in the lighter divisions. I personally like the Kameda bros.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Thats still good, do you understand Japanese? There's alot of good boxers there in the lighter divisions. I personally like the Kameda bros.
          Yeah, especially recently. A lot of Japanese boxers have been swelling the lower ranks.

I understand Japanese.. sometimes boxing commentary can be a little bit difficult because I'm not so use to it but I catch most of it.

Comment

• Does anyone else ever think to themselves after a night of drinking, I miss the good old days of working at the truck stop gas station, where we could smoke weed all we want and even drink beer out of the walk in fridge, especially in the night time. And, the local prostitute would walk in to by a six pack of coors light every day, we all knew she was a whore, but she was oh so nice. And the bums would also come in, usually to by malt liquor. And the truck drivers would come in to buy their beer before they got back on the road, or more often before they retired to their cab in the parking lot. And best of all, we could all get truck stop food for half price.

Sometimes you ask yourself, how did I get here. Maybe I should have just stuck with the truck stop. It sometimes seems better than the bull**** I do now (not that there wasn't a lot of bull**** at the truckstop.. )

Anyone else ever work in a ghettoish job and miss it a little bit?

Not that I miss it that much, it was an unsustanable job.. it was the type of place where everyone working there smokes and drinks all they can, and takes anything that isn't nailed down... eventually the came and cracked down. A lot of people were fired, I quit. Still, many good times were had. For example, I was once asked to stock water in the walk in fridge in the morning, I ended up drinking a bunch of beer back there, and then telling a guy and gal hitchhikers who were hanging out at the shop that I'd drive them to Burning Man in Nevada (would've been about a 7 hour drive, and I was scheduled to work the next day). I ended up getting off work and driving home, and passing out--while turning my cell phone off.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 04-21-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              Does anyone else ever think to themselves after a night of drinking, I miss the good old days of working at the truck stop gas station, where we could smoke weed all we want and even drink beer out of the walk in fridge, especially in the night time. And, the local prostitute would walk in to by a six pack of coors light every day, we all knew she was a whore, but she was oh so nice. And the bums would also come in, usually to by malt liquor. And the truck drivers would come in to buy their beer before they got back on the road, or more often before they retired to their cab in the parking lot. And best of all, we could all get truck stop food for half price.

Sometimes you ask yourself, how did I get here. Maybe I should have just stuck with the truck stop. It sometimes seems better than the bull**** I do now (not that there wasn't a lot of bull**** at the truckstop.. )

Anyone else ever work in a ghettoish job and miss it a little bit?

Not that I miss it that much, it was an unsustanable job.. it was the type of place where everyone working there smokes and drinks all they can, and takes anything that isn't nailed down... eventually the came and cracked down. A lot of people were fired, I quit. Still, many good times were had. For example, I was once asked to stock water in the walk in fridge in the morning, I ended up drinking a bunch of beer back there, and then telling a guy and gal hitchhikers who were hanging out at the shop that I'd drive them to Burning Man in Nevada (would've been about a 7 hour drive, and I was scheduled to work the next day). I ended up getting off work and driving home, and passing out--while turning my cell phone off.
              Absolutely.

Back when I was 20 I used to work at this hole in the wall bar and grill place. I say hole in the wall because it was small, not because it was ****ed up. It was actually a really intimate little place where all the employees were actually awesome people. The boss was a total ****, but she was rarely ever around, so us 20-something cooks, bartenders, and bouncers usually had the run of the place 5 out of 7 nights of the week.

Everybody there was chill as **** and there wasn't a single employee that didn't smoke weed or drink booze. So most nights we'd all go smoke weed with each other behind the building in groups of 3-4 - You never had to worry about paying anybody back either, somebody always had you covered.

So I'd go into work around 5PM, toke up throughout the evening, get free drinks at the bar, go grab some food from the walk in, take it to the counter, cook myself whatever I wanted from the menu for dinner, watch TV with the rest of the cooks in the kitchen, play practical jokes on the wait staff, etc...

And while I was only making $8 an hour for it, I was basically getting paid to have the time of my life from getting drunk, to getting high, to getting laid in the bathroom stall.

Then business got really good on the cooking side of things and we started doing catering, and I got put in charge of picking the catering crews to take with me to these new locations. Naturally I picked the coolest mother****ers the staff had to offer, and it was more of the same except WITH road trips.

I remember riding shotgun down the highway one morning doing 90 with a van LOADED with glass materials and prep work, and we were all just passing around a bowl, even the driver. It was a total "Cheech and Chong" moment.

Not the smartest idea, but definitely made for some great times.

Comment

• Mangler worked at a place just like the place I worked at years ago, too.

Dude has some awesome stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Absolutely.

Back when I was 20 I used to work at this hole in the wall bar and grill place. I say hole in the wall because it was small, not because it was ****ed up. It was actually a really intimate little place where all the employees were actually awesome people. The boss was a total ****, but she was rarely ever around, so us 20-something cooks, bartenders, and bouncers usually had the run of the place 5 out of 7 nights of the week.

Everybody there was chill as **** and there wasn't a single employee that didn't smoke weed or drink booze. So most nights we'd all go smoke weed with each other behind the building in groups of 3-4 - You never had to worry about paying anybody back either, somebody always had you covered.

So I'd go into work around 5PM, toke up throughout the evening, get free drinks at the bar, go grab some food from the walk in, take it to the counter, cook myself whatever I wanted from the menu for dinner, watch TV with the rest of the cooks in the kitchen, play practical jokes on the wait staff, etc...

And while I was only making $8 an hour for it, I was basically getting paid to have the time of my life from getting drunk, to getting high, to getting laid in the bathroom stall.

Then business got really good on the cooking side of things and we started doing catering, and I got put in charge of picking the catering crews to take with me to these new locations. Naturally I picked the coolest mother****ers the staff had to offer, and it was more of the same except WITH road trips.

I remember riding shotgun down the highway one morning doing 90 with a van LOADED with glass materials and prep work, and we were all just passing around a bowl, even the driver. It was a total "Cheech and Chong" moment.

Sounds like a great job. One summer I worked for a small moving company and the truck would pick me up at home around noon every day, there was always an ice chest full of beer in the cab and plenty of smoke. We partied all day in between moving furniture and the truck never got pulled over because it was a big moving truck. Got 10 dollars an hour for partying. Clients never knew aside from the time we dropped that piano.

Comment

• Awesome stuff, TBear.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Absolutely.

Sounds great.

I use to work in the back kitchen of an upscale Italian restaurant. They were ****ing hard asses, but I made sure to get high before work, and to sneak out to get high a couple times per shift. I never slacked off on the work, but it was a high intensity place. I actually ended up moving up to night auditor (moving down actually--the pay was the same, and I ended up working both graveyard and swing shift at the same time, that fu cks with a guy). But, when working night auditor I owned the place. I had keys to every single area of the place. I could even go review the surveillance tapes if I wanted, or simply go out the back and relax a bit (maybe with a pipe.. although I usually put it off until after work, as I had to also sell rooms to walk-ins and manage customer relations for those 2am room calls).

I quit the job when one night I was driving to work, and I hit a deer and destroyed the front end of my pickup. I bungee corded the hood down for town driving, but the location of the job was up the freeway, and I wasn't willing to risk my life going up and down the freeway every day for the jo.
                      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 04-21-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X