Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s talk about the effects of self victimization and how it could turn people into self pitying weaklings for generations to come

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Let’s talk about the effects of self victimization and how it could turn people into self pitying weaklings for generations to come

It used to be that effort, determination and courage were required to succeed. People acted and took responsibility for their actions accordingly.

In today’s brave new woke world, all that is no longer required. Those and many others are all old, outdated concepts that are becoming obsolete.

No, today one simply has to play constant victim, blame everyone and everything all around them, take zero responsibility for anything, and demand a handout in order to move forward in life.

If one deems anything to be mildly offensive, even if it’s a fact, then all one has to do is bin it into one of many categories of hate speech, instead of actually facing the criticism, reflecting on one’s flaws, drawing a lesson from it and working on self-improvement.

2021 and onward, that is the new way forward.

Good luck to all.

It all started with Anti Bullying and social media. Once kids starting offing themselves because they were being bullied at school and on social media, the Mothers of America pushed a big anti bullying agenda. This all started in the early 2000s with Myspace and has spiraled out of control. Now the bullied weird ****s have a voice.

Comment

It’s okay the world needs dorks too

only some of us are dandies hustlers peacocks
      Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Utter rubbish.

Baby boomers had it easy!

My parents and grandparents had a laugh for the most part. Owned property early and easily, free university education and job security!

Jobs for life etc.

Kids these days are now required to do 10 year internships to get a zero hour contract!

You are so far removed from reality it’s why they call you Mad Vlad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          It used to be that effort, determination and courage were required to succeed. People acted and took responsibility for their actions accordingly.

In today’s brave new woke world, all that is no longer required. Those and many others are all old, outdated concepts that are becoming obsolete.

No, today one simply has to play constant victim, blame everyone and everything all around them, take zero responsibility for anything, and demand a handout in order to move forward in life.

If one deems anything to be mildly offensive, even if it’s a fact, then all one has to do is bin it into one of many categories of hate speech, instead of actually facing the criticism, reflecting on one’s flaws, drawing a lesson from it and working on self-improvement.

Good luck to all.
          This must be meant for that useless victim Chollo, Chollo where you at.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post

Good luck to all.
            Why can't you have effort, determination and courage to strive for personal success and also strive for greater justice and equity in the world? In fact wouldn't that take even greater courage and determination? Why is the assumption made that those campiagning for racial justice ain't also doing their best to better themselves through study or hard work? I been in or around political activism virtually my whole life and I can tell you first hand some of the hardest working and most dedicated people I know are also some of the most commited activists, whether it's for peace, within the unions for racial equality or whatever.

Same bullchit different day... this tired argument is just a way of dismissing a very real commitment to change by many moral and upright people. Every single one of us here, whichever country you're from (unless you were born into the nobility or some shet) has benefitted from the social activism or struggle or protest or revolution of our forebears. It's how we got the vote, living wages and better working conditions, why we ain't required to bow down every time a nobleman passes. Were all the men and women who won those rights for you and me also 'whiners' and 'complainers' who didn't take personal responsibility? Or maybe you're just dismissing the struggle of others because it ain't your struggle?

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Why can't you have effort, determination and courage to strive for personal success and also strive for greater justice and equity in the world? In fact wouldn't that take even greater courage and determination? Why is the assumption made that those campiagning for racial justice ain't also doing their best to better themselves through study or hard work? I been in or around political activism virtually my whole life and I can tell you first hand some of the hardest working and most dedicated people I know are also some of the most commited activists, whether it's for peace, within the unions for racial equality or whatever.

Same bullchit different day... this tired argument is just a way of dismissing a very real commitment to change by many moral and upright people. Every single one of us here, whichever country you're from (unless you were born into the nobility or some shet) has benefitted from the social activism or struggle or protest or revolution of our forebears. It's how we got the vote, living wages and better working conditions, why we ain't required to bow down every time a nobleman passes. Were all the men and women who won those rights for you and me also 'whiners' and 'complainers' who didn't take personal responsibility? Or maybe you're just dismissing the struggle of others because it ain't your struggle?
              Perfect response.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

Perfect response.
                King Koba!!
                travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  It all started with Anti Bullying and social media. Once kids starting offing themselves because they were being bullied at school and on social media, the Mothers of America pushed a big anti bullying agenda. This all started in the early 2000s with Myspace and has spiraled out of control. Now the bullied weird ****s have a voice.
                  If this is correct then surely it would start at why this kids were offing themselves for the anti bullying campaigns to be in existence.
                  siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

We’re seeing the effects of what a victim culture does to a generation

Strong young people fear a virus with a minuscule chance of harming them

they focused on becoming a victim instead of coming out of this a winner
                    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 07-31-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X