Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about the effects of systemic racism and how it could effect a people for generations to come

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Some legislation also created informal, de facto discrimination against Blacks. A new law against hunting on Sundays, for example, prevented Black workers from hunting on their only day off."[132]

Look at this schit.... I can hear 1bad65, Fisted by Fury and the rest of the gang back in those days telling blacks to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop crying" while enforcing "laws" like this.... All the while, them being allowed to hunt for food and sell it at the local market whenever they felt like it.

Same type of schit happens today... Just look at how blacks have been marginalized from society for drug charges and other petty crimes
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-26-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      "Some legislation also created informal, de facto discrimination against Blacks. A new law against hunting on Sundays, for example, prevented Black workers from hunting on their only day off."[132]

Look at this schit.... I can hear 1bad65, Fisted by Fury and the rest of the gang back in those days telling blacks to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop crying" while enforcing "laws" like this.... All the while, them being allowed to hunt for food and sell it at the local market whenever they felt like it.

Same type of schit happens today... Just look at how blacks have been marginalized from society for drug charges and other petty crimes

Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 07-26-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Reading through the "black codes", can someone show me where white immigrants were targeted, had sustained efforts and laws that ensured they'd remain a permanent underclass for centuries to come?

Although some white immigrants didn't "own" slaves per se, they benefited from the institutions that were created for white supremacy. In turn, they inherited many benefits and privileges from being white that were NEVER allowed for blacks over the last several hundred years

This is "one" of the reasons reparations are owed. We have to right this wrong. And I don't want to hear "my ancestors never owned slaves". It has nothing to do with that
        Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-27-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Reading through the "black codes", can someone show me where white immigrants were targeted, had sustained efforts and laws that ensured they'd remain a permanent underclass for centuries to come?

Although some white immigrants didn't "own" slaves per se, they benefited from the institutions that were created for white supremacy. In turn, they inherited many benefits and privileges from being white that were NEVER allowed for blacks over the last several hundred years

This is "one" of the reasons reparations are owed. We have to right this wrong. And I don't want to hear "my ancestors never owned slaves". It has nothing to do with that
          Chollo Vista right before posting.

PACnPBFsuck PACnPBFsuck likes this.

Comment

LMFAO this queer.. goes on about "lets debate/lets talk"

Proceeds to copy and paste a hundred Wikipedia pages

Do you even have an original thought in that tiny brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post

That garlic water burns doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

He's a self professed millionaire that drives an AMG C63 . This self professed millionaire allegedly tried to get a business loan and was denied . This self professed millionaire is always pissing and moaning for a handout, aka reparations though .

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post

Comment

Most whites never owned slaves. As a whole, roughly 1-2% of whites owned slaves around the time of the Civil War. Just counting the slave states, it was something around 6%. Even with six degrees of Kevin Bacon, you can make the case that roughly 30% of whites in slave states had direct ties to slavery. And slave states only made up about 1/5 of the US population.

If reparations aren't about responsibility, than what is it about?

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post

tenor.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X