Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time you saw a commercial where all the actors were white?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    I dunno, not really a commercial watcher dude.

I'll say this, I wonder where you can go in America to get you one black friend, one gay friend, one bi friend, one latino, one asian, and a jew. Maybe even a trans friend too, but just one.

The white guy, unless he's a jewish white guy, always being the foil these days is trying too.
    Lol that's the thing.. it's one thing that it's always interracial couples of all varieties (the push this way more then what is actuality irl).. but then you have stuff like Ritz crackers (i think) were it's also a gay relationship between a black and white man.. and the black dude was putting on lipstick or something before they all meet

During my life i have met/known thousands of people i think like 2 were gay.. and only seen one trans irl but never personally known one.. but if you just look at media you would think most of the country is either gay/trans/or in some type of interracial relationship
    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
      If you just arrived in the UK and watched a regular tv advert break you'd think this country is 50-60% black. They're shoe horned into everything. And weirdly enough there's way less representation of Asians even though they're the far bigger minority group here. I guess they don't riot enough to get the special favours.
      I mean it's same in the US.. latino make up a bigger %.. also pretty decent Asian pop.. but it's all about black/black culture (which is trash) in the media/hollywood
      Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
        If you just arrived in the UK and watched a regular tv advert break you'd think this country is 50-60% black. They're shoe horned into everything. And weirdly enough there's way less representation of Asians even though they're the far bigger minority group here. I guess they don't riot enough to get the special favours.
        Even for folk like me that don't buy-in to all the race-baiting BS around nowadays, you can't help but notice what's happened to our TV ads over the last 12 months or so.
        ​​​I read somewhere that this huge shift in favour of our minority citizens, is mainly down to most of our ad agencies being based down in London & representing the growing 'norms' there.
        And let's be right, London could easily be a foreign country these days, when compared to the rest of the UK.
        I go to our HQ down there, now & again, and it really is a place totally apart from anywhere else in this country.
        Not a criticism, just a fact.
        I see loads of angry comments & posts knocking around, on this particular subject.
        Just switch them off / over / check your social media / make a cup of tea / take a p*ss, when they're on.
        Job done!

Comment

Working...
        X