Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time you saw a commercial where all the actors were white?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] When was the last time you saw a commercial where all the actors were white?

Even commercials for activities that normally only white people do (for example truck commercials for off roading, commercials showing snowboarding or skiing)
    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

I dunno, not really a commercial watcher dude.

I'll say this, I wonder where you can go in America to get you one black friend, one gay friend, one bi friend, one latino, one asian, and a jew. Maybe even a trans friend too, but just one.

The white guy, unless he's a jewish white guy, always being the foil these days is trying too.
    GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

The good times are gone. Now we have to deal with colored folk ruining our commercials

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        I dunno, not really a commercial watcher dude.

I'll say this, I wonder where you can go in America to get you one black friend, one gay friend, one bi friend, one latino, one asian, and a jew. Maybe even a trans friend too, but just one.

The white guy, unless he's a jewish white guy, always being the foil these days is trying too.
        It’s funny, every commercial has that complete diverse group of friends sitting around the living room watching a game or out on a hike. And they still have black people singing and dancing in almost every commercial, 100 years have gone by and they still have them “tap dancing” for whitey. I wonder if anyone ever points out how these stereotypes won’t die.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

It’s funny, every commercial has that complete diverse group of friends sitting around the living room watching a game or out on a hike. And they still have black people singing and dancing in almost every commercial, 100 years have gone by and they still have them “tap dancing” for whitey. I wonder if anyone ever points out how these stereotypes won’t die.
          Don’t have that in the UK.

Race is far less of a big issue over here. Not saying that it’s perfect any means but the vast majority of people don’t give a ****.

Mixed relationships have been common here since time immemorial. Mixed couples and mixed babies everywhere. I saw about 1% of the number in NYC compared to London.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Don’t have that in the UK.

Race is far less of a big issue over here. Not saying that it’s perfect any means but the vast majority of people don’t give a ****.

Mixed relationships have been common here since time immemorial. Mixed couples and mixed babies everywhere. I saw about 1% of the number in NYC compared to London.
            Here it’s more militant activism. Threats of boycotts, lawsuits and riots over inequality if 15% isn’t over-represented by 85%.

Comment

Not since probably 2012, but thats ok because even with 99% of the commericals showing some sort of interracial couple or diversity there is still always room to complain about white supremacy, such as this lovely segement from a Hill article,

"The silence is especially notable when one considers that the commercials air during time slots of high visibility to Black youth. Pringles, for example, features a young white man sitting at a kitchen table with a Black father commenting on how good his daughter kisses; Hyundai shows a Black woman and two children in a car driven by a white father on a mission to buy beef jerky; Nissan has a Black woman behind the wheel with two children and a white father speeding through the frozen tundra and other extreme locations.

Clearblue, which produces a home pregnancy test, has a Black woman with a white man as she discovers a positive test result. Vicks NyQuil features a Black woman with a cold in bed with a white man who turns to her and says, “Honey,” in reference to a cold medication."

"Such commercials can tap into unconscious myths in American racial and cultural history. Among the myths are the white male as a “Great Father” savior, the Black woman as sexually available, the Black male as absent or lacking authority within his own home, and the white woman as precious and needing protection from Black men."

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...-depictions-of

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                The good times are gone. Now we have to deal with colored folk ruining our commercials
                Red - Self-hating b_tch. Wanna be white so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Not since probably 2012, but thats ok because even with 99% of the commericals showing some sort of interracial couple or diversity there is still always room to complain about white supremacy, such as this lovely segement from a Hill article,

"The silence is especially notable when one considers that the commercials air during time slots of high visibility to Black youth. Pringles, for example, features a young white man sitting at a kitchen table with a Black father commenting on how good his daughter kisses; Hyundai shows a Black woman and two children in a car driven by a white father on a mission to buy beef jerky; Nissan has a Black woman behind the wheel with two children and a white father speeding through the frozen tundra and other extreme locations.

Clearblue, which produces a home pregnancy test, has a Black woman with a white man as she discovers a positive test result. Vicks NyQuil features a Black woman with a cold in bed with a white man who turns to her and says, “Honey,” in reference to a cold medication."

"Such commercials can tap into unconscious myths in American racial and cultural history. Among the myths are the white male as a “Great Father” savior, the Black woman as sexually available, the Black male as absent or lacking authority within his own home, and the white woman as precious and needing protection from Black men."

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...-depictions-of

Yeah man. Why the man always gotta be white?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Yeah man. Why the man always gotta be white?
                    Take it up with Pringle’s for those racist ass commercials.

Comment

Working...
                    X