No announcement yet.

Board games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

You be interested if we set up a little chess league on here using Chess.com? I made a thread about it over Xmas / New Year and there was some interest, we got maybe ten or so dudes said they'd join but then I kinda forgot about it once the Pick Em got going again. Might be time to resurrect that one.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/n...cussion-thread
    I actually went on Chess.com for the first time the other night and got my ass handed to me several times. I definitely need some practice. I’d play though, used to play Chess a lot as a kid with my Grandad.

Comment

I play Mexican bingo

Comment

Britannia%2Bboardgame.jpg

Ain't played this one in about 30 years but anyone who's into RISK or similar ought to get plenty of mileage out of it... Mainly why I remember it though is because whilst I didn't really give a **** about history lessons at school this game taught me pretty much all the major events in the history of Britain during the first Milennium, all the major invasions, leaders, tribes and peoples and so on right from the Roman invasion of 43AD up til the Norman conquest. In fact history became one of my favourite subjects later in life even though I could never stomach the way they taught it at school and this game was part of the reason why... FWIW some recent research has shown that schoolkids and university students actually pick up history better and absorb more through playing strategy games and stuff than just sitting through lessons on a similar topic..

Anyway, any dudes into Risk or whatever and you want your kids to learn this bit of Britain's history without making it too painful, this is probably your best shot..

Comment

Working...
        X